In Memoriam Thread

CaledonianGonzo

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Terry Hall, so sad, only 63. 

I remember when linval came out to join Terry on stage  with the Dub pistols at guilfest. And it was clear that the reunion would happen soon. 

Absolutely gutted about Terry, rare for me to love pretty much all the different musical projects of an artist, but certainly did with him.  There was talks about him doing some shows playing some of his solo stuff, which would have been amazing.  Lucky enough to have seen him a few times with The Specials, and once solo many moons ago.  What a talent, he will be missed.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

important one this one

Ali Ahmed Aslam, inventor of chicken tikka masala

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2022/dec/21/ali-ahmed-aslam-inventor-chicken-tikka-masala-dies-77

Yes, he ranks alongside John Logic Baird, Alexander Graham Bell, John McAdam, Alexander Fleming and James Watt as one of the greatest Scottish inventors. 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, he ranks alongside John Logic Baird, Alexander Graham Bell, John McAdam, Alexander Fleming and James Watt as one of the greatest Scottish inventors. 

scots love a good local  myth logie baird is over-rated was beaten to tv by at least one other guy (a german if i remember rightly) . watt was beaten to the steam engine by Trevithick.

theres others who claim chicken tikka masala too.

Edited by Neil

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

scots love a good local  myth logie baird is over-rated was beaten to tv by at least one other guy (a german if i remember rightly) . watt was beaten to the steam engine by Trevithick.

theres others who claim chicken tikka masala too.

Ok, what about battered deep fried Mars then? That’s ours surely? 😉

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

😊😊😊😊

then I give you Keir Hardie. Proud to claim him!  Apologies to all for derailing this thread with flippancy 

did the scots give him to others when they stopped voting labour?