Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

The Hives were on brilliant form in Nottingham tonight. Great setlist, top drawer drumskin tight musical performance and all the crowd interaction and banter you’d expect from Pelle. Still one of the best live acts out there.

Support act (Bad Nerves) are good too, like a Strokes/upbeat Ramones vibe.

My neck hurts, my feet hurt and I’ve lost my voice. 10/10.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

The Hives were on brilliant form in Nottingham tonight. Great setlist, top drawer drumskin tight musical performance and all the crowd interaction and banter you’d expect from Pelle. Still one of the best live acts out there.

Love to hear this. They’ve been on my bucket list for years and I’ll finally be seeing them at Rock En Seine this August.

The Lottery Winners at Cheese and Grain last Saturday- excellent as usual with great support from Crystal Tides. First gig out for me since last September ( The National atAP) following my 2nd hip op in January! Was pleased I managed to stand up for 2 1/2 hours- getting in training for TS in June! 

IMG_2450.jpeg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Love to hear this. They’ve been on my bucket list for years and I’ll finally be seeing them at Rock En Seine this August.

That was my 4th Hives gig and they are always turned up to 11. You’ll f**king love it. The tracks from the new album come across great live too. I’m a broken man today but it was worth it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

That was my 4th Hives gig and they are always turned up to 11. You’ll f**king love it. The tracks from the new album come across great live too. I’m a broken man today but it was worth it. 

Sounds like my kind of gig, can’t wait. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/29/2024 at 11:36 PM, 4AssedMonkey said:

This is great to hear, cannot wait for tonight at the Barras. 
I’ve only ever seen them at festivals or support sets. I still go on about his ladder banter from Glastonbury in 2013. 

8 hours ago, blue6field said:

Johnny Marr at the Barrowlands tonight was incredible! Special mention to Gaz Coombs supporting, an amazing night

Seen a few good reports from this tour. Glad you enjoyed it.

• Thanks 1

Saw Underworld at the Usher Hall last night - fantastic. They're playing two sets on this tour so all the bangers plus a few new tunes and some deep cuts, 3 hour show including a short break. Incredible energy as always. Can't say the same for the crowd unfortunately - we were down the front but nevertheless surrounded by people standing motionless while they waited for Born Slippy.

A real shame they're not at the farm this year.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, blue6field said:

Johnny Marr at the Barrowlands tonight was incredible! Special mention to Gaz Coombs supporting, an amazing night

Great set, great support, great venue.

You Lucky Lucky Bastard Life Of Brian You Lucky Bastard GIF - You Lucky Lucky Bastard Life Of Brian You Lucky Bastard The Life Of Brian GIFs

• Thanks 1

Red Rum Club at Liverpool Arena last night, sensational stuff. Quite surreal to see them at a big venue, given they play Academy size and smaller venues around the country.

Now 4 albums in, every song lapped up by the crowd, incredible scenes.

3 support acts in The Ks, The Cheap Thrills and The Kairos, all good but I think first on, The Kairos were my favourite. 

20240405_224909.thumb.jpg.fb3a1c6ed8403aa7717ed5493a7de127.jpg

14 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Red Rum Club at Liverpool Arena last night, sensational stuff. Quite surreal to see them at a big venue, given they play Academy size and smaller venues around the country.

3 support acts in The Ks, The Cheap Thrills and The Kairos, all good but I think first on, The Kairos were my favourite. 

Am hoping they turn up on the Glastonbury lineup so keep tweeting about them! 

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2024 at 1:22 PM, sedra said:

The Lottery Winners at Cheese and Grain last Saturday- excellent as usual with great support from Crystal Tides. First gig out for me since last September ( The National atAP) following my 2nd hip op in January! Was pleased I managed to stand up for 2 1/2 hours- getting in training for TS in June! 

IMG_2450.jpeg

Only just seen this… Well done on the return.!

I have October Drift in a couple of weeks , which will be my first since knee replacement in February…

it survived the madness at Stamford Bridge last Thursday, which was the first football post op…

keep up the exercise.!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Only just seen this… Well done on the return.!

I have October Drift in a couple of weeks , which will be my first since knee replacement in February…

it survived the madness at Stamford Bridge last Thursday, which was the first football post op…

keep up the exercise.!

Sadly missing them this time around can’t get to Cardiff as the transport on a sat night is awfull . You’ll have to do some extra moshing on my behalf . 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Sadly missing them this time around can’t get to Cardiff as the transport on a sat night is awfull . You’ll have to do some extra moshing on my behalf . 

Just got tickets for October Drift in a couple of weeks. You should be on the guest list for your promo work.

20 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I’m noticing The K’s supporting bands all over the place recently, really putting in the hard yards. 

1 minute ago, lazyred said:

Just got tickets for October Drift in a couple of weeks. You should be on the guest list for your promo work.

ha ha

lovely guys and I just want to see them do well 🙂 enjoy ... where are you seeing them ? have a look for the mike stand in the crowd for the first song of the gig they often kick off from there and then go onstage 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ha ha

lovely guys and I just want to see them do well 🙂 enjoy ... where are you seeing them ? have a look for the mike stand in the crowd for the first song of the gig they often kick off from there and then go onstage 

Hebden Bridge Trades Club, thanks for the tip

1 hour ago, sheffinghell said:

The Hives have just announced a last minute gig for the Leadmill on Tues night. Praying to the ticket gods 😂

That'll be brilliant. Great little venue, that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lazyred said:

Seeing them in Southampton for about the 6th time. Really quality live band.

Saw the Big Special supported by Alien Chicks and Grandma's House at the Joiners in Southampton tonight. Wow what a gig! I've seen Grandma's House before and they are fantastic feminist punk, Alien Chicks are full of energy and remind me of early Squid on speed mixed with the Fall and Big Special are, well, a bit special. Powerful sounds for just 2 people, brilliant energy, funny and engaging. Hints of Idles, Streets, Soft Play and Plan B (if he was good). 

All round excellent gig and brilliant value for money showing why independent venues are the way to go for gigs. 

18 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

The Hives have just announced a last minute gig for the Leadmill on Tues night. Praying to the ticket gods 😂

I saw them at Rock City a week ago and they were frickin' awsome as always.  Tempted by this.

• Like 1