All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

1 hour ago, DownlnAlbion said:

Twickets have been taking APE tickets offline very early on the day of the event. I messaged them about it and they said it’s something to do with the transfer time on AXS ticket app.

it’s a shame as it’ll result it lots of tickets going to waste

I swear they do this for every event after like 9am.

Can confirm that the dust situation was much better yesterday vs chemical brothers last Saturday! Also a fellow sinus sufferer, so it was definitely a bit of a relief!

Caribou were excellent yesterday and the sound was great too. Although I was quite near the front and someone who was stood next to me was playing something like temple run on their phone for 90% of the set, actually insane!

Tame Impala were ok (I mostly bought the ticket to see Caribou), but weren't helped by the fact that the sound was pretty bad, way too quiet. Strange thing is I watched Caroline Polachek earlier on the main stage and the sound was actually fantastic. Is it anything to do with sound restrictions after a certain time?

The Blaze, Caribou and Tame all put on great sets. Was nice that it was a lot quieter than Field Day, it felt so rammed - far busier than the strokes a few years back i felt

onwards to disclosure tomorrow, my final APE show this year!

1 hour ago, gfa said:

The Blaze, Caribou and Tame all put on great sets. Was nice that it was a lot quieter than Field Day, it felt so rammed - far busier than the strokes a few years back i felt

onwards to disclosure tomorrow, my final APE show this year!

The crowd for Tame Impala was about half of that for Foals last year. I was shocked by how small it was. 

1 hour ago, Sketchead said:

How busy do people think it'll be today? Any idea if it's anywhere near sold out? Presuming not...

seems the only show they hadn’t done Final Tickets for (until today) but at the same time it was busy in 2018 and they haven’t played in London much (if at all?) since so hoping for busy but far from packed

1 minute ago, mynameismatt said:

seems the only show they hadn’t done Final Tickets for (until today) but at the same time it was busy in 2018 and they haven’t played in London much (if at all?) since so hoping for busy but far from packed

They played BST with Florence And The Machine which I imagine would've satisfied a lot of people. I'll be interested to see the numbers when I get there

11 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

2018 was a Saturday wasn’t it? The line up is strong today but not sure it’s a £70 and take the day off work day unless you’re an avid national fan. 

30 minutes ago, Tolis said:

You can through the app, it’s 65£ for vip view, 46£ for just VIP, but I wouldn’t bother with that. 

Do you just go to 'Buy Tickets' or is there somewhere else? I can see for the Nick Cave you can buy a VIP view ticket but that's one that includes entry as well but I already have a GA ticket. If I click on the 'VIP' bit it says no tickets currently available.

Not sure if I'm looking in the wrong place or something...

21 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The line up is strong today but not sure it’s a £70 and take the day off work day unless you’re an avid national fan. 

Agreed - nothing much AFAICS early on. We're only getting there in time for Kurt Vile at 5.45, then Mogwai, Fleet Foxes and The National (maybe a bit of Public Service Broadcasting too if we can fit them in).

Unless anyone has any top recommendations for the early acts today (Villagers are OK, but a bit meh imo!).....

Edited by rivaldo

2 hours ago, Al2006 said:

Can confirm that the dust situation was much better yesterday vs chemical brothers last Saturday! Also a fellow sinus sufferer, so it was definitely a bit of a relief!

Exit Planet Dust

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Do you just go to 'Buy Tickets' or is there somewhere else? I can see for the Nick Cave you can buy a VIP view ticket but that's one that includes entry as well but I already have a GA ticket. If I click on the 'VIP' bit it says no tickets currently available.

Not sure if I'm looking in the wrong place or something...

Go to Buy Tickets, click on The National and then buy from AXS and then go to VIP upgrade. 

10 minutes ago, rivaldo said:

Agreed - nothing much AFAICS early on. We're only getting there in time for Kurt Vile at 5.45, then Mogwai, Fleet Foxes and The National (maybe a bit of Public Service Broadcasting too if we can fit them in).

Unless anyone has any top recommendations for the early acts today (Villagers are OK, but a bit meh imo!).....

Valerie June, Dehd, Lucy Dacus, Tune Yards, Cassandra Jenkins are all worth it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, About Today said:

Heading there today and Sunday. Any good food recommendations in the arena?

There's LOTS of good food inside, but outside there's nice places in the village (the Lauriston, Fish House, My Neighbours the Dumplings, or up towards Homerton there's Well Street Pizza)