All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

2 hours ago, Deckard said:

Massive crowds at Disclosure in-between stages blocking movement but not many watching the acts. A Lot of underage drinking on display - makes you proud to be British! 

The security inside and outside is pretty much non existent. The police must have reasonable intelligence that nothing sinister is likely with regards to major crime/terrorism but if there were any people in trouble inside then the security and support is woeful. Most g4s staff on their phones. 

Fred Again put on a headline set, Mike Skinner came out as well - very random but went down a treat! Sweatiest tent i have ever been in, we were by a wheelchair smack bang in the middle of it, got to love the dedication!

fred set the bar and i was worried that disclosure were going to be shit in comparison but they were far better than at Reading last year (tons of talkers though)

Probably the best day festival i’ve ever been to honestly!

Edited by gfa

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

The security inside and outside is pretty much non existent. The police must have reasonable intelligence that nothing sinister is likely with regards to major crime/terrorism but if there were any people in trouble inside then the security and support is woeful. Most g4s staff on their phones. 

Cost-cutting I guess? I mean it's great from a smuggling in perspective but not ideal if anything major kicked off.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cost-cutting I guess? I mean it's great from a smuggling in perspective but not ideal if anything major kicked off.

The smuggling is a bit of a joke really, so easy to get in spirits. I did 3 days and spent a whole £12 at the bar, it must really be hurting their sales.

Shame as they get some great lineups but its just ran so poorly

Back to a Friday topic — 

I was a bit miffed The National was given 1 hr 30 mins slot (9:20 pm - 10:50 pm) but they ended up finishing the show at eleven, 1 hr and 40 mins with no interval for encore. That made my day.

Cave & the Bad Seeds are given 2 hrs 15 mins slot (8:10 pm - 10:25 pm), presumably a full set not a truncated festive set, which is a treat.

19 hours ago, gfa said:

edit- another thing, repeat bookings / common bookings. 3/6 headliners played very recently at the festival or like the national did BST. They need to mix it up more with 6 days or go back to one weekend.

Headliners seem to be a problem for a lot of events. As well as APE, BST has had a few repeats, R+L and Download too.

I guess the APE promoters have to to consider whether to take risks with untried headliners such as Tame Impala, or go with more established ones like Gorillaz or Nick Cave. I don't envy them having to make those choices.

7 hours ago, gfa said:

The smuggling is a bit of a joke really, so easy to get in spirits. I did 3 days and spent a whole £12 at the bar, it must really be hurting their sales.

I'm sure I remember the searches being really thorough in the past so that definitely seems like an area they've cut back on. Planning to take in some rum after what everyone else has been saying.

6 hours ago, zzzfest said:

Back to a Friday topic — 

I was a bit miffed The National was given 1 hr 30 mins slot (9:20 pm - 10:50 pm) but they ended up finishing the show at eleven, 1 hr and 40 mins with no interval for encore. That made my day.

Cave & the Bad Seeds are given 2 hrs 15 mins slot (8:10 pm - 10:25 pm), presumably a full set not a truncated festive set, which is a treat.

Ooh I hadn't noticed that. Nice.

1 hour ago, robwinder said:

Headliners seem to be a problem for a lot of events. As well as APE, BST has had a few repeats, R+L and Download too.

I guess the APE promoters have to to consider whether to take risks with untried headliners such as Tame Impala, or go with more established ones like Gorillaz or Nick Cave. I don't envy them having to make those choices.

Seems so far neither of those options have worked honestly 😂, at least with those 3 acts.

Tame would have been fine if it wasn’t on a Thursday to be fair and had proper support, no idea what they were playing at with that one.

8 hours ago, gfa said:

I don’t think people on here are representative of the masses. To the vast majority of people it would never even occur to them to try and smuggle in alcohol.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I don’t think people on here are representative of the masses. To the vast majority of people it would never even occur to them to try and smuggle in alcohol.

You think? Still the lack of proper searches also will have led to other stuff getting in which also damages bar sales. They had stepped up the dogs last night - you proper got funnelled past them