All Points East Festival 2022

Hutchmaster

10 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

Gorrilaz tickets just gone "off sale" on Dice. If they're going to offer cheapos then it might be about to happen

They were only on it for like 2 days 😂 strange behaviour

1 minute ago, Tony Zografos please said:

I find it hard to believe that 40,000 people who have all paid for their ticket in full are going to see Gorillaz tomorrow at Victoria Park, on a day where there are almost no transport options!

Yep, zero chance!

Suspect they are frantically trying to offload them as discreetly as possible.

1 hour ago, Tony Zografos please said:

I find it hard to believe that 40,000 people who have all paid for their ticket in full are going to see Gorillaz tomorrow at Victoria Park, on a day where there are almost no transport options!

Is it possible they've only sold a percentage of that and the council allowed it to go ahead (in contrast to the coldplay gig in wembley being rescheduled due to the transport strikes) on the basis there wouldn't be too many additional sales or freebies given out in the last week or so?

I wonder if they’re deliberately not doing official cheap/free tickets this year to deter people like us who hold off buying full price tickets earlier in the knowledge that cheap ones will be released later. You have to wonder how many full price sales they miss out on from people waiting.

We’ve all looked at at least one day and thought “I fancy that but will hold for now…”

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I wonder if they’re deliberately not doing official cheap/free tickets this year to deter people like us who hold off buying full price tickets earlier in the knowledge that cheap ones will be released later. You have to wonder how many full price sales they miss out on from people waiting.

We’ve all looked at at least one day and thought “I fancy that but will hold for now…”

would be nice if they did a second round of 2-4-1 so we can all just nab those, they still get £40 and our beer money - lets be done with it AEG!

Be interesting to see if what's basically a bit of a gamble by AEG pays off - wonder how busy Gorillaz or Tame Impala is going to be without giving away tickets to fill the space? I suppose their bet is that enough of the freebie hunters will cave in and buy tickets on the day. Maybe bar takings weren't that incredible on the days where they gave away tickets in previous years.

12 minutes ago, catavento said:

Be interesting to see if what's basically a bit of a gamble by AEG pays off - wonder how busy Gorillaz or Tame Impala is going to be without giving away tickets to fill the space? I suppose their bet is that enough of the freebie hunters will cave in and buy tickets on the day. Maybe bar takings weren't that incredible on the days where they gave away tickets in previous years.

Think they’ve realised how much damage they have done by constantly giving out free tickets at the last minute. I suspect the free tickets have cost them more than the extra punters at the bar would bring in. There are probably thousands of punters who would usually buy tickets holding off in the hope that cheap ones become available at the very last minute.

I think APE are using the NHS ticketing sites to shift surplus tickets. It is probably less damaging to the brand as the sites offer a mix of genuine prizes i.e a pair of tickets to a sold out show as well as providing seat filling services. So if a ballot appears you may have almost no chance of winning as the show is sold out and they may only have one set of tickets. Other times you can effectively pick up freebies. It's a better model than just giving them out to the general public via a seat filling website.

From a PR point of view it plays better to be donating tickets to hard working NHS staff rather then a free for all give away. 

5 minutes ago, Dales said:

I think APE are using the NHS ticketing sites to shift surplus tickets. It is probably less damaging to the brand as the sites offer a mix of genuine prizes i.e a pair of tickets to a sold out show as well as providing seat filling services. So if a ballot appears you may have almost no chance of winning as the show is sold out and they may only have one set of tickets. Other times you can effectively pick up freebies. It's a better model than just giving them out to the general public via a seat filling website.

From a PR point of view it plays better to be donating tickets to hard working NHS staff rather then a free for all give away. 

I wonder what attendance is like from NHS folks. My thinking is a lot of the freebies must go to waste because of overtime / rota changes / just not being able to get the time off. I have no idea though, maybe someone can shed light

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

I wonder what attendance is like from NHS folks. My thinking is a lot of the freebies must go to waste because of overtime / rota changes / just not being able to get the time off. I have no idea though, maybe someone can shed light

That may well happen but I tend to find that those who are members of the sites use them frequently and attend events they book. I think most members appreciate that promotors are donating tickets via these sites and most return ones they can not use.

What is surprising is the amount of NHS staff who do not know about them. If I was a promotor then I would use them rather then do general give aways. You also get all the good feedback and PR as they are not badged as seat filling sites  and  encourage people to post on their socials etc. It will be interested to see if APE appear on other sites over the next week.

Its amazing how giving away a few "prizes" can change the perspective of the service.

39 minutes ago, Livvy Mae said:

every time i have opened this today to check the schedule i get this message, doesn’t bode well seeing as though they’ve said tickets need to be shown via this app instead of axs7707982D-DA74-4EB3-94CC-2608ED25ACC9.thumb.png.f2f7d9373d88866cdcb639a727eb76cb.png 

Just tried this, and was fine on my app with tickets showing. (It’s basically the exact same as the AXS one at that point.) Have you tried updating the app?

7 hours ago, RaphPH said:

I interviewed festival organiser Jim King tonight for eFestivals

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/22/220819b.shtml

I asked Jim about tickets and last-minute giveaways and he mentioned there are no further plans to make any changes - I think anyone who wants to come today should just purchase through the main ticketing page rather than chance any other seller.