2023 Festival

TheWaters

So whats the deal with the secret sets. We have soft play confirmed. Bombay do we think will be the Fest republic stage friday gap at around 4pm? Then sea girls on one of the two introducing slots also friday (630)? and there looks like theres a sunday 1extra slot, sat introducing slot and sun introducing? So potentially four more still to come?

14 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

So whats the deal with the secret sets. We have soft play confirmed. Bombay do we think will be the Fest republic stage friday gap at around 4pm? Then sea girls on one of the two introducing slots also friday (630)? and there looks like theres a sunday 1extra slot, sat introducing slot and sun introducing? So potentially four more still to come?

I think BBC will be opening the Dance Stage, otherwise the second screenshot from their Twitter post doesn’t really mean anything

17 hours ago, charlierc said:

I mean, they did sell out a large-scale UK stadium tour last year (I should know given I was at the Coventry date). But the general thing is just a mess.

Do we expect to see a big change for 2024 or is the buzz that they're just gonna keep on plodding along with this format?

I think the 2 stage format will be done again, if it flops again then maybe will change.

Clearly the lineup just didn't hit - i think the lack of a rapper or dance act has hurt it a lot

3 hours ago, Dukey said:

At Boardmasters you could only take 2 crates and were only allowed to take booze the first time you went in 

this is pretty standard at smaller fests in the uk. all the superstruct ones are like this too, as is boomtown

3 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Speaking with my heart here, but I’m saying Frank Turner. 

That’s what my dad just said and I told him to politely piss off, so now I feel a little silly 😂😂

Silent disco didn't go down very well tonight... about 3/7 people in my groups headphones actually worked, when trying to replace the faulty headphones like reading said we would be able to do people were instead turned away as they didn't have any replacement headphones to hand out!

Lots of people trying to buy headphones off other people and people being encouraged to keep their headphones safe as lots have been reported stolen today

Edited by GriZzlyz_

7 hours ago, GriZzlyz_ said:

Silent disco didn't go down very well tonight... about 3/7 people in my groups headphones actually worked, when trying to replace the faulty headphones like reading said we would be able to do people were instead turned away as they didn't have any replacement headphones to hand out!

Lots of people trying to buy headphones off other people and people being encouraged to keep their headphones safe as lots have been reported stolen today

Arf…advertise the world’s largest silent disco. 

Don’t source enough headsets to get close to the demand 

Let everyone in to the disco whether they have headsets or not…

They’ve created their own anti-social behaviour from their own anti-anti social behaviour measures 🤣

Couldnt make it up

29 minutes ago, Benj said:

Arf…advertise the world’s largest silent disco. 

Don’t source enough headsets to get close to the demand 

Let everyone in to the disco whether they have headsets or not…

They’ve created their own anti-social behaviour from their own anti-anti social behaviour measures 🤣

Couldnt make it up

Spot on.

It was always an extremely transparent money making scheme. I hope people are able to get their deposits back but I've a bad feeling...

Trippie Redd has pulled out to the shock of absolutely nobody. Don’t they ever learn their lesson booking these types of US rappers? 

They should either bump everyone else up a slot and give them longer set times or bump  YMAS up to his slot and move someone else to the Main Stage from one of the smaller stages. Stick Knocked Loose on there for the fun of it. 

*edit* 

Looks like they’ve bumped YMAS up. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Trippie Redd has pulled out to the shock of absolutely nobody. Don’t they ever learn their lesson booking these types of US rappers? 

They should either bump everyone else up a slot and give them longer set times or bump  YMAS up to his slot and move someone else to the Main Stage from one of the smaller stages. Stick Knocked Loose on there for the fun of it. 

*edit* 

Looks like they’ve bumped YMAS up. 

I think Yung Lean will pull out tomorrow as well 👀