2023 Festival

TheWaters

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Based off of this one year that hasn’t even taken place yet? It’s sold out the last two years. 

I hope they have a rethink re: the lineup for next year. 

I don’t think they will, but another few years like this and It wouldn’t be the biggest shock. Tbf to them, every other festival has the whole of the UK as their target audience, Reading and Leeds only have 50% of the population each. 

Does anyone know why the payment plan weekend tickets are so much cheaper on ticketmaster resale? Don’t want to grab one for £150 and find out I’ve gotta pay another 200 to validate it

Edit: it says the face value is £265 so should be okay right?

Edited by gblock

If I was going, this would be my weekend: 

Frank Turner > Yard Act > You Me At Six > Trippie Redd > Wet Leg > Bicep > Loyle Carner > Foals 

Graphic Nature > High Vis > Scowl > Nothing But Thieves > Joey Valence & Brae > The 1975 > The Killers 

The Amazons > Hot Milk > Don Broco > Rina Sawayama > Steve Lacey > Imagine Dragons (just for ‘It’s Time’) > Billie Eilish 

It kills me not seeing Knocked Loose but I’ve just seen them level Bloodstock with one of the best festival sets I’ve ever seen so it isn’t going to top that and I love that Loyle Carner album from last year so would like to see that. 

Arena selling Don Broco getting a 35 minute slot is criminal. 

Edited by Andre91

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Arena selling Don Broco getting a 35 minute slot is criminal. 

It’s not even that at Leeds, 30 mins so it’ll be all Amazing Things stuff which sucks for me.

The Amazons > Hot Milk > The Snuts > Don Broco > Billie Eilish

Yard Act > The Murder Capital / Sea Girls > YMAS > Trippie Redd > Wet Leg > Knocked Loose > Foals > Sam Fender > Palaye Royale

Inhaler > Chase Atlantic > NBT > Joey Valence & Brae > The 1975 / secret set > The Killers

Mine run if I was going

Bill > Lauran Hibberd > Sea Girls > You Me At Six > Games We Play > Wet Leg > Knocked Loose > Foals > Palaye Royale

Jamie Webster > Baby Queen > Arlo Parks > High Vis > Inhaler > Nothing But Thieves > Joey Valence & Brae > The 1975 > The Killers

English Teacher > Hot Milk > The Royston Club > Don Broco > Declan McKenna > Imagine Dragons > Billie Eilish

6 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

DON BROCO

t’s not even that at Leeds, 30 mins so it’ll be all Amazing Things stuff which sucks for me.

#BRINGBACKTHEBIGTENT

50 mins to an hour long sub headliner slot in there...

They had longer than 30 mins when they last played there in 2018 or whenever it was

Pretty much zero clashes bar the Saturday night which is a killer (no pun intended)

A sign of a sh*t festival, not really, still stand by the lineup being decent but not decent enough for 300+ quid.

NEEDS MORE CLASHES, this would be my schedule I think - https://clashfinder.com/m/read23/?user=superbenj

Edited by Benj

3 hours ago, foolee said:

Mine run if I was going

Bill > Lauran Hibberd > Sea Girls > You Me At Six > Games We Play > Wet Leg > Knocked Loose > Foals > Palaye Royale

Jamie Webster > Baby Queen > Arlo Parks > High Vis > Inhaler > Nothing But Thieves > Joey Valence & Brae > The 1975 > The Killers

English Teacher > Hot Milk > The Royston Club > Don Broco > Declan McKenna > Imagine Dragons > Billie Eilish

f**k JAMIE WEBSTER by the way.  Koppite shitehawk... slot lost to a decent band due to boosted spotigy numbers due to football allegiance. Crowd will be half empty at a festival with the other half being in red shirts. Absolutely guaranteed. He's absolutely generic, long uncool anyway, base singer-songwriter dirge

Like Sam Fender in reverse!

Edited by Benj

6 hours ago, Dukey said:

Reckon Friday at Reading will be Bombay Bicycle Club and Sat / Sun at both sites will be Turnstile 

After pulling the Manchester date I was unbelievably excited for on Wednesday, this festival doesn’t deserve Turnstile. IF I CAN’T HAVE THEM, NOBODY CAN! 

9 hours ago, foolee said:

Slaves and Yungblud for the secret sets I’m thinking 

Got a feeling Soft Play will do reading only if it’s them, which would be gutting.

9 hours ago, Dukey said:

Reckon Friday at Reading will be Bombay Bicycle Club and Sat / Sun at both sites will be Turnstile 

I know they’ve touted a secret set on their social media but it’d be a disaster, half empty tent at best!

5 hours ago, nathanh said:

Hi guys, my friends are staying in eco white this year, can you let me know is it accessible from the other side of the river if they get the train into tilehurst instead of walking from Reading station?

No, there is no entrance to the site on that side these days. Don’t think there has been for 15 odd years

• Like 1

Wow, even more camping space than thought gone!

All of Red and more than half of White, with just a small space in Orange to add to it

Camping Capacity is significantly reduced

Blue area was all Camping/ Campervans last year. The cam melt and have been moved to where there used to be camping too so in effect all is lost campsite

F027AF79-2B45-4E3F-BE4C-D7CF88443548.jpeg