2023 Festival

TheWaters

Some really good additions in there like the murder capital, english teacher, scowl, knocked loose, high vis, sleep token to name a few but it's just such a bewildering lineup for the demographic; can see almost all those bands playing to incredibly small crowds.

There's really not enough to justify the ticket price to me though, maybe will think about picking up a cheap day ticket if possible but that's about it. 

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

Completely wrong with Yungblud then it seems although his girlfriend is playing. 

Why are R&L still booking bands like Palaye Royale and Sleep Token etc. it just doesn’t suit anymore. Going to be playing to empty tents. 

Pigeon Detectives once did a DJ set at my old uni during one freshers week and we were the only ones there. Everyone else went to see… The Hoosiers

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

There will be about 40 people there max. What a waste. 

Yeah I know, but there seems to be an weird little mix of Hardcore bands this year. I know it's gotten a bit popular recently but really with the R&L demographic? Knocked Loose, Scowl, Graphic Nature and High Vis (I know not Hardcore but they're really popular in the scene) all seem to stick out. The weird thing about those artists is no Turnstile considering they're in Paris that weekend. If they had Turnstile on Killers day and moved Knocked Loose over to that day as well it probably would have shifted a few day tickets.

32 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

The Murder Capital on the Dance stage lmao

they do this kind of thing every year

10 minutes ago, thescientist said:

I just wanna know why Tom Odell is so low down, he’s one of the biggest names they’ve added

Probably because nobody under the age of 30 cares about tom odell

honestly think theres some pretty decent additions, just the initial drop is so poor. better than the names they usually add imo

As someone who’s been going for years and now doesn’t care about high energy acts that I’m gonna stomp around to at the front. And as someone who’s only going Saturday this year. Reading Saturday is a fucking good lineup for a day, even if you’re not into indie it’s absolutely full of great live acts of that ilk

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

Probably because nobody under the age of 30 cares about tom odell

I might be completely wrong here but I think Another Love has had yet another spell in the charts thanks to TikTok which could warrant a higher slot if the festival was this coming weekend.

Come August I'm sure his positioning will look just about right once the short lived trend has died down again.

They seem to have rly screwed up the places of a lot of acts : mother mother, Tom Odell, tv girl, Ethel cain are all wildly popular with the younger crowd and don’t really have spots thay reflect that 

I’m sure as I look more closely I’ll find more examples too

I actually think the Palaye Royale and Yung Lean FR days are better booked rockier days than the Lockup was for its last few years. I think both of those days are really decent and fit in well with what the Lockup / Pit used to be. It’s just a shame that the audience is really there for it anymore. 

I can’t help but feel like they can’t win here. Anything they book that the TikTok generation are into is criticised as selling out, and anything they book for the older generation is criticised as not appealing to the younger audience. Surely they’re trying to book more to appeal to other audiences after the criticism of the first announcement?

• Like 2