2023 Festival

TheWaters

5 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

My source is (once again) from KSI’s team, he’s the one I’m most certain about out of all of them. 

i’m so conflicted on this because you don’t tend to be on the wind up. if this was Dan we’d have all dismissed it immediately. unless, you’ve decided to go big this year… many thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

i’m so conflicted on this because you don’t tend to be on the wind up. if this was Dan we’d have all dismissed it immediately. unless, you’ve decided to go big this year… many thoughts. 

I don't think he's on the windup. As someone who likes the older Reading, I would personally need both Green Day and Paramore to shell out what a Reading day ticket costs now as there is a likeliness that a lot of the undercard just won't be for me.

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think he's on the windup. As someone who likes the older Reading, I would personally need both Green Day and Paramore to shell out what a Reading day ticket costs now as there is a likeliness that a lot of the undercard just won't be for me.

i 100% believe Paramore, Green Day, Sam, Billie & Foals. that doesn’t surprise me one bit. I just absolutely cannot get my head round KSI headlining. I don’t believe that one. I just can’t see it. 

1 hour ago, WhoOdyssey said:

KSI

I’m being serious 

How are people lapping this shit up 😂

52 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

the very cheap one I imagine to even it out. Paramore/Green Day would be a ticket instant but I don't see it.

the others aren't that expensive are they? billie / sam fender / green day / paramore / foals isn't horrendous i feel?

Some VERY big changes to what I've heard in regards to those names, KSI especially - that aside, those acts for headliners alongside some other big names beneath, probably would do quite well, even if the initial headline announcement will receive its fair share of backlash (but doesn't it always?). Given a little poster a quick whip up, and to me it does look very R&L. 

RANDL9(2023).thumb.png.4d573c338256783c9de5666f1ecb1b13.png

1 hour ago, stanh said:

Some VERY big changes to what I've heard in regards to those names, KSI especially - that aside, those acts for headliners alongside some other big names beneath, probably would do quite well, even if the initial headline announcement will receive its fair share of backlash (but doesn't it always?). Given a little poster a quick whip up, and to me it does look very R&L. 

Would be a very easy one for me to not go to for the first time in 27 years!

2 hours ago, gfa said:

How are people lapping this shit up 😂

the others aren't that expensive are they? billie / sam fender / green day / paramore / foals isn't horrendous i feel?

It’s pretty uninspiring in the main, esp as two of the 6 have co-headlined previously, kind of making a mockery of the whole 2 main stage thing.

If the 3rd is KSI level then all could very easily have played second in the old format, if maybe not under Greed Day and Eilish

Green Day | Eilish | (co-head) - Fender and Paramore

...Would’ve been decent under the old setup. KSI could’ve headlined the tent when Green Day were on. 

5 hours ago, stanh said:

I would probably attend Sunday but why you would want to watch KSI before Green Day I don't know. Defo not enough on that Paramore day, I only really like them. I defo feel of you pair KSI with Billie and Foals with same Fender your sell with be better.

This just doesn’t feel right to me, surely KSI isn’t that big? Would be annoyed with Green Day as that means I’d be there for at least a day ticket. Hoping they’d have Sam Fender or Foals MSW their day. Also weird we’d get Green Day and not Blink-182 with all the Lollapalooza rumours. Could Green Day be doing American Idiot in full (anniversary is 2024 but here’s hoping)?

34 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Definitely not, he’s far too big for that. He played the O2 not too long ago!

I think people underestimate his popularity, annoyingly he’s absolutely everywhere.  He’ll have some big boxing fights coming up too which will boost his profile even more