2023 Festival

TheWaters

3 hours ago, gfa said:

qotsa were booked last year and are older and just as irrelevant. i agree tho

Indeed. Arcade Fire are far more relevant…and people are actually still interested in new music they make

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

You hear the volume of that Misery Business singalong during Billie’s Coachella set when she brought Hayley out? Paramore comeback is going to be massive. 

Hayley at last Paramore show: not playing that song anymore. This is the last time.

Literally her first proper live show since: lol jk let’s gooo.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Hayley at last Paramore show: not playing that song anymore. This is the last time.

Literally her first proper live show since: lol jk let’s gooo.

There is no way they are dropping that song from the setlist permanently. Especially after it re-blew up on tik tok.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There is no way they are dropping that song from the setlist permanently. Especially after it re-blew up on tik tok.

Yeah tbh it’s an absolute banger so it would’ve been a shame if they dropped it forever. Haven’t seen any clips but did they change the lyrics or anything or just say fuck it and do the original lyrics?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah tbh it’s an absolute banger so it would’ve been a shame if they dropped it forever. Haven’t seen any clips but did they change the lyrics or anything or just say fuck it and do the original lyrics?

They just didn’t say that particular line. 

Isn’t the song thematically about someone who is being overly spiteful? Artists can play characters in their songs and it not be fully reflective of their own views? This is how Nick cave, Eminem, Kendrick etc have approached their writing.

Idk it’s always been weird to me that someone would read lyrics in a song and think that’s the 100% views of the artist.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Idk it’s always been weird to me that someone would read lyrics in a song and think that’s the 100% views of the artist.

As a Tool fan this is completely insufferable from other Tool fans that treat their lyrics as gospel without a hint of perspective and subjectivity. We suck. 

Just now, BenG92 said:

As a Tool fan this is completely insufferable from other Tool fans that treat their lyrics as gospel without a hint of perspective and subjectivity. We suck. 

What annoys me more is someone reading the lyrics from Kendrick Lamar’s The Blacker the Berry or DNA and taking it as complete gospel and no nuance. It’s extremely annoying lol

Given that my wife is now pregnant so our 2022 tickets are likely going to waste, I hope that 2023 is more likely and has a far better line-up! The disappointment in both of us for the 2022 line-up was sad given it cost £900 for the whole weekend. Eminem, Killers, 1975, Doja Cat, 21 Pilots, Dua Lipa, Drake, Greenday, Cardi B, Tyler the Creator - all fantastic possibilities that we both would so much rather watch than everyone outside Arctic Monkeys and Dave!

2 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Possible? all the artists with the best odds of appearing I think. Maybe Tyler goes to MSE rather than MSW?

s0_codef0583807-31df-4077-86bb-c051304095db_editor_result.jpg

My big prediction. Wombats won’t be there 😱

There is also no chance Yungblud plays 5th

Edited by Benj

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Possible? all the artists with the best odds of appearing I think. Maybe Tyler goes to MSE rather than MSW?

s0_codef0583807-31df-4077-86bb-c051304095db_editor_result.jpg

don broco subbing is a weird choice - maybe a slot or two further down i think.

Just now, Chad888 said:

Don Broco for Yungblud?

Don Broco 3rd down under MGK and Yungblud subbing 1975. Definitely fits in the demographics. 

Probably mix the days more than that but yeah maybe.