TheWaters

MSE: The 1975 / Rex Orange County / Digga D 

MSW: Sam Fender / Jamie T / Nothing But Thieves 

MSE: Paramore / Lil Nas X / Olivia Rodrigo 

MSW: Doja Cat / Don Toliver / Central Cee 

MSE: Muse / YUNGBLUD / IDLES 

MSW: Machine Gun Kelly / Charli XCX / Tom Grennan 

40 minutes ago, gfa said:

First dates for Travis Scott in South America with Primavera Sound October this year

Didn’t see that. Take Muse out of my prediction and put Paramore in their place with Travis where Paramore were. 

Edited by Andre91

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Didn’t see that. Take Muse out of my prediction and put Paramore in their place with Travis where Paramore were. 

Its goldenvoice rather than live nation i think, might make a difference not sure.

There's not really anywhere goldenvoice for him to do in the uk though to be honest, BST maybe?

2 hours ago, gfa said:

More Die Antwoord allegations as well, hopefully they never get booked again it feels like every few months theres a new problem with them - https://consequence.net/2022/04/die-antwoord-adopted-son-abuse-exploitation/

Was a horrible booking in the first place, pretty sure it was Corey Taylor who asked for them to sub because he knew it would piss people off. Lots of "fuck die antwoord" graffiti around the festival that year. 

43 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Was a horrible booking in the first place, pretty sure it was Corey Taylor who asked for them to sub because he knew it would piss people off. Lots of "fuck die antwoord" graffiti around the festival that year. 

Pretty sure Clown said they picked DA because it was a weird pairing. I didn’t see any graffiti but their set was fantastic. A proper change of pace from the rest of the day. Those accusations if true are indefensible thought and nasty stuff. 

Going to say Doja won’t be around next summer as she is touring heavily this year.

Reckon Travis Scott will do Wireless.

Eminem, Paramore, The 1975 feel like very safe bets to me.

I reckon 

Eminem, Paramore, The 1975, Sam Fender, Lizzo, would work.

The final headliner going to a Twenty One Pilots/Fall Out Boy / Panic at the Disco / My Chemical Romance type.

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Going to say Doja won’t be around next summer as she is touring heavily this year.

Reckon Travis Scott will do Wireless.

Eminem, Paramore, The 1975 feel like very safe bets to me.

I reckon 

Eminem, Paramore, The 1975, Sam Fender, Lizzo, would work.

The final headliner going to a Twenty One Pilots/Fall Out Boy / Panic at the Disco / My Chemical Romance type.

No chance Lizzie headlines. She has half as many Spotify listeners than Megan Thee Stallion for starters

She is touring the US heavily 3rd/ 4th quarter 2022, so set up for a summer in Europe. Still can’t see her being anywhere near the draw though, assuming no big hitting new music 

53 minutes ago, Benj said:

No chance Lizzie headlines. She has half as many Spotify listeners than Megan Thee Stallion for starters

She is touring the US heavily 3rd/ 4th quarter 2022, so set up for a summer in Europe. Still can’t see her being anywhere near the draw though, assuming no big hitting new music 

She’s got a new album and she’s in between records which means smaller monthly listeners. Megan has very recently dropped material and touring so the numbers will be high. 

The new track is getting favourable reviews and if the album has a similar vibe I can see her having a solid 2023. I think she’s definitely big enough to be a main-stage west headliner.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

She’s got a new album and she’s in between records which means smaller monthly listeners. Megan has very recently dropped material and touring so the numbers will be high. 

The new track is getting favourable reviews and if the album has a similar vibe I can see her having a solid 2023. I think she’s definitely big enough to be a main-stage west headliner.

I don't think Spotify numbers means fuck all at the end of the day, pop acts like Lizzo and Megan will have 10+ times the numbers of indie/rock bands who are established headliners but the things is those listeners don't always convert to people willing to go see them as much as other genres.

I can see Lizzo headlining and I would go see her but she has been losing some of her shine since the last album by saying stupid shit like Chris Brown is the greatest human ever.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Tool sell out massive arenas with a fraction of the monthly listeners an act like Megan has. They’re one metric, at the end of the day. Money talks and ticket sales are where it’s at. 

Yup. That’s a completely different different demographic for a completely different type of act though.

Lizzo has a full swinging Tool sized tour of the US scheduled, so maybe she has the ticket selling power amongst Reading goers these days. 

15 minutes ago, Benj said:

Yup. That’s a completely different different demographic for a completely different type of act though.

Lizzo has a full swinging Tool sized tour of the US scheduled, so maybe she has the ticket selling power amongst Reading goers these days. 

She’d put on a great show. Is she a R&L act, though? I think she’s far more suited to Glastonbury. 

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

She’d put on a great show. Is she a R&L act, though? I think she’s far more suited to Glastonbury. 

Yeah, her fanbase seem a bit older compared to MTS and FWIW I don't think she has the tunes to do a 1 hour 30 headline slot. Personally don't see it ever happening at RandL

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think she’d raise any eyebrows.

Maybe not raise any eyebrows but they’d sooner go for Paramore, Dua, Doja over Lizzo. Lizzo will probably sub or 3rd down Pyramid, headline other or West Holts before heading to R&L. 

14 hours ago, foolee said:

Maybe not raise any eyebrows but they’d sooner go for Paramore, Dua, Doja over Lizzo. Lizzo will probably sub or 3rd down Pyramid, headline other or West Holts before heading to R&L. 

Why not both? If R&L is embracing pop bookings I don’t see why Lizzo wouldn’t be in conversation?