When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

7 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

BBC News - Covid in Wales: Restrictions could return if Welsh case rates do not fall
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59077857

So Wales have all these extra restrictions and still have the worse outcomes in the whole of the UK.

#MasksWork

Not sure Wales have the worst outcome but it does suggest that vaccine passports and masks aren’t silver bullets. 

When pubs, clubs, venues and stadiums are open as normal you’re going to get an increase in infections. Passports or not. 

I think it’s a bit of an empty threat in all honesty. Drakeford is a professor. He’s not stupid, and will know the rates are dropping in the rest of the U.K.

10 hours ago, zahidf said:

Well it's gone down week on week

JUST IN CASE

9 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

BBC News - Covid in Wales: Restrictions could return if Welsh case rates do not fall
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59077857

So Wales have all these extra restrictions and still have the worse outcomes in the whole of the UK.

#MasksWork

Haha I booked a gig in Llandudno, just yesterday for 4 weeks time. If he does raise the level I assume gigs will be the first to go. 

I know I keep saying it but just closing businesses, widening covid passes and mandating masks won't work if the aim is to reduce cases. It's clear that even a levelling out wouldn't be good enough for them, they need to drop a lot the next few weeks.

IF he raises the alert level in 3 weeks, Wales are heading for bans on household mixing and socially distanced hospitality a few weeks after that...but without furlough. Once you start on this path I don't think it's easy to get off it

3 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Fake SAGE blaming the case fall on less positive LFT cases going for a PCR to confirm.

Imagine being this furious that cases have fallen. Imagine that. 

How are you reading fury into that thread?

It's just an idea but this could be a consequence of the Immensa false neg scandal breaking on 15 Oct and people losing faith in the system?

Will this be just a blip? What does it mean for interpreting case numbers? Not sure yet...

It's hardly "I'm right, you're wrong, lock us all up" is it? It's just someone speculating on why the case numbers have dropped.

Now if you're telling me that there's a degree of fatalism here, that she's doing that thing we do where we can't accept what looks like good news because it's happened so many times and turned out not to be the case, so she's looking for other explanations, then I think you're probably right.

But I'd also point out this is I think the fifth time on this very thread someone has posted a fall in cases and started celebrating "it's over, fuck off FAKE SAGE you are done" only to have cases start going back up again the next week or day. So I don't think it's an unreasonable position either.

5 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

It's hardly "I'm right, you're wrong, lock us all up" is it? It's just someone speculating on why the case numbers have dropped.

Now if you're telling me that there's a degree of fatalism here, that she's doing that thing we do where we can't accept what looks like good news because it's happened so many times and turned out not to be the case, so she's looking for other explanations, then I think you're probably right.

But I'd also point out this is I think the fifth time on this very thread someone has posted a fall in cases and started celebrating "it's over, fuck off FAKE SAGE you are done" only to have cases start going back up again the next week or day. So I don't think it's an unreasonable position either.

It does seem like cases fall whenever Fake Sage say they are getting too high and we need new restrictions. Im of the opinion its going to come up and down throughout the next couple of years regardless of what we do which isnt a lockdown

Fake SAGE have come out today ( Scally and Deepti) to say nightclubs should be closed this winter as they are infection vectors. So back to trying to ruin businesses. Apparently closing a nightclub is the same as wearing a seatbelt

Edited by zahidf

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

It does seem like cases fall whenever Fake Sage say they are getting too high and we need new restrictions.

Even the Coronavirus hates Fake Sage. 😄

I'm happy to admit I'm cynical about things getting loads better and getting out of it, I thought we would have hit the peak about a month ago and we didn't... but I do get swept up in the excitement of people on here. When it's all "yes, cases are down, here we go!" and then a week later it's "oh, must have been a blip" and it's back to thinking we're not out the woods yet. 

I still don't think we're at the point we need new restrictions - we are where we are with the strategy we've chosen, changing it now would be counter-productive. But I can't jump on every drop in cases as an indication it's over - especially when there are viable other explanations.

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Even the Coronavirus hates Fake Sage. 😄

I'm happy to admit I'm cynical about things getting loads better and getting out of it, I thought we would have hit the peak about a month ago and we didn't... but I do get swept up in the excitement of people on here. When it's all "yes, cases are down, here we go!" and then a week later it's "oh, must have been a blip" and it's back to thinking we're not out the woods yet. 

I still don't think we're at the point we need new restrictions - we are where we are with the strategy we've chosen, changing it now would be counter-productive. But I can't jump on every drop in cases as an indication it's over - especially when there are viable other explanations.

Oh, im not excited its over, im just glad its going down so there are less excuses for restrictions for the time being and that things have stopped getting worse. Im expecting case numbers to oscillate between 30-50k a day for a while. Im hoping  boosters knock that range down by around 10k, if not more

Its looking unlikey we will get anywhere near 2000 cases a day in hopsital. Even the new optimistc figure of 1500 a day seems unlikely

Edited by zahidf

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

In the last two years I have visited Cornwall twice, Norfolk and Lincolnshire when I would of normally visited Wales if we was holidaying in the UK.  We also used to day trip to Llandudno quite a bit

Now I am sure Wales can survive without my small contribution to their economy but I can't imagine the issue hasn't bee replicated  quite a bit.  There is a real world economic consequence to bringing in these restrictions and making people across the border feel unwelcome.

Drakford though just blames the Tories for all the problems of his own making.  The Welsh seem to love it though.  Won't put bread on the table mind.

From speaking to friends working in tourism in Wales (Tenby and Snowdonia) it seems they've had just as busy a season as we have here

I think the reality was pretty much all of the UK holiday spots were fully booked over summer. It's quite possible that people prioritised some places over others but I don't think we'd ever even know as people unable to get in where they wanted at a reasonable price would then go with somewhere less desirable anyway.

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

It’s pretty simple why cases have dropped. A lot of the cause for high numbers was the huge numbers in kids. Almost all of them have had it therefore it’ll run out of steam. That combined with a bit of a reduction in testing kids due to half term = big reduction. 

3 hours ago, mcshed said:

She doesn't seem furious.

It’s basically what @DeanoLsaid. Not “fury” per se but a fatalism whereby when cases rise fake SAGE will accept the rise at face value, start calling for a lockdown, scaremongering about long covid etc, but when they fall they’ll start looking for errors in the data and refuse to believe that they’ve genuinely fallen. 

3 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

It’s basically what @DeanoLsaid. Not “fury” per se but a fatalism whereby when cases rise fake SAGE will accept the rise at face value, start calling for a lockdown, scaremongering about long covid etc, but when they fall they’ll start looking for errors in the data and refuse to believe that they’ve genuinely fallen. 

I do know people like that who cling a bit TO HALF TERM/WHATABOUTZOE/PEOPLEAREBT TESTINGANYMORE

In other news, was not allowing strangers to slap kids a mistake? 

20211029_203756.jpgl

20211029_203821.jpg

Edited by zahidf