Download 2023

22 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Ghost are squarely in the nerd metal bracket with Nightwish, Sonata Arctica etc. I say that with love, but they will definitely appeal to the DDs more than BMTH

That said, if Download have Ghost clashing with BMTH, this festival deserves its inevitable fate. 

Oh "inevitable fate" you said? I thought...nevermind.

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

So the double denim crowd like Ghost? Isn't it a bit leftfield for them with the look 🤣? Suppose they toured with Metallica extensively which will have got them some brownie points in their eyes.

This is not good for me lol.

I know what your getting at but as a 37 year old who knows a tonne of people over 30 who are into rock/metal, I could probably count the number of them who like BMTH on 1 hand. 

Honestly they are not popular at all amongst the 30-40 metal crowd and we are far from double denim haha. And speaking matter of factly we do make up a substantial chunk of Downloads fan base. No doubt because nu-metal was huge when we were teens. 

Fair does but as a 38 year old who will be 39 when the festival rolls around and spent my younger years attending Download regularly the booking of BMTH is a huge draw for me to come back. I’ve got no interest at all in seeing the same old bands being brought back out year after year.

I’d much rather see bands like BMTH or Ghost or Parkway Drive or anyone who’s maybe at that point where they could headline be given the bump up and keep the festival fresh. If that was happening I don’t think it would have been so long that I’ve been away from the festival.

If Iron Maiden don't have anyone playing against them, BMTH shouldn't, and they definitely shouldn't have a band like Ghost opposite them just to placate people when Ghost should be headlining main in the first place.

Stick Alter Bridge on headlining 2nd during BMTH for the people that would rather watch the same thing again for the 7th time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

Fair does but as a 38 year old who will be 39 when the festival rolls around and spent my younger years attending Download regularly the booking of BMTH is a huge draw for me to come back. I’ve got no interest at all in seeing the same old bands being brought back out year after year.

I’d much rather see bands like BMTH or Ghost or Parkway Drive or anyone who’s maybe at that point where they could headline be given the bump up and keep the festival fresh. If that was happening I don’t think it would have been so long that I’ve been away from the festival.

That's totally fair mate. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think they’re going with double Main Stages. 

You mean the side by side thing like at Reading/Leeds? Not sure I can see it… although I suppose it’s the only way I can see Ghost headlining any kind of second stage these days as I’d have thought they were too big to be playing the usual second stage at this point.