Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, bobhoward said:

I was never going to go to brunch on the beach as I have to head home… but did they tell us before that this was gonna be a limited reservation only type of thing? Feel like this is another slight for anyone hoping to go to this. 

i can’t honestly remember after 9 days of a festival but i did think it was something along the lines of ciutat with different priorities and whatnot 

1 minute ago, bobhoward said:

I was never going to go to brunch on the beach as I have to head home… but did they tell us before that this was gonna be a limited reservation only type of thing? Feel like this is another slight for anyone hoping to go to this. 

No, and since I bought my tickets in 2019 I don't even have a DICE account, so I had to go through registration to no avail. Not my fault that they replaced a sponsor/partnrer. I'm shocked by how badly it's been organized this year.

Yeah none of my friends got one.

Plenty of people will have extended their trip by a day expecting to go to that, they never once mentioned it was going to be a lastminute grab for it (I'm not even going and my email telling me about getting tickets arrived after they had sold out). This fucking festival, honestly.

• Upvote 1

Basically if you were somehow a) awake and b) had email alerts on, you might have had a chance of getting a ticket.

I'm so annoyed for everyone who assumed they'd be having a fun Sunday at this (because buying a ticket literally said "includes Brunch on the Beach"), likely took the day off work on Monday to fly back, and now have to make alternate plans.

Presumably only half the forum is open.

It seems obvious now that they couldn’t risk too many people turning up and then the PR disaster of having to turn them away at the gates of the forum.

They’ve screwed up and should have stated that tickets were limited to capacity.

In the end however I’d be pretty confident if you go at 5pm (when dice validity ends) you’ll still get in as even half the forum is still a massive space.

Edited by xxialac

I am not sure why they dont open the doors to Ciutat venues earlier. Last night I arrived at Poble Espanyol just after 6pm about when doors opened and there were already thousands of people in the two queues. The venue was about half full when I got in at 7:20. That is just a waste not having the venue full when the first band starts as people have been queueing for hours. 

Also they did let in just as much people from the regular queue as the preferential ticket line. For me no problem as those guys had probably waited a long time and seemed fair. But no real preference for that venue as advertised. 

And for most ciutat gigs I have been to, the staff answering questions at the queues have not had the right information. 

I've no issue limiting access to brunch, Ciutat etc - but they could have clarified that earlier. 

An email last week saying brunch access would go live today would have been fine. Sure, loads still would have missed out, but people would've had a chance at least. 

Same for the Ciutat gigs, like some of us have said previously. Make them free, ticketed but sign up in advance so people don't have to wait in the BCN sun for hours for a chance to see a band. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, honestly, what a total shit show. I'd be really pissed right now if I wanted to go to BOTB and they pulled that one out on me.

Had a great weekend but it will take an unreal lineup to convince me 2023 is worth the hassle. 

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

hassle. 

This is a word that's come up a lot with my group of friends when talking about the past week.

Aside from AccessTicket quickening up site entry, there's not a single easy or smooth or smart part of it they've introduced compared to previous years. Everything just feels slightly more stressful, tiring or long. This capacity/ciutat/Brunch mess is going to be the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people I think.

Edited by jannybruck

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It was my first time and I've found this festival to have an extremely high faff to fun ratio.

That’s a shame and it really hasn’t been that way in past editions. Communication has never been their strength but some of the organisational fuckups were unique to this year.

Really hope they can turn things around in 2023 because the lineup remains unparalleled.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, rzwodezwo said:

That’s a shame and it really hasn’t been that way in past editions. Communication has never been their strength but some of the organisational fuckups were unique to this year.

Really hope they can turn things around in 2023 because the lineup remains unparalleled.

Couldn't agree more. 

Posted this in the Reddit but thought it could be helpful here maybe as well if anyone wants some recommendations 🙂 

To start with the first day would 100% recommend Amyl and the sniffers! Australian punk band who (although never seen live yet) look to be insanely fun! The same can be said with Squid who are a post-punk Uk band! 

Then obvs the big ones, Khruangbin (very funky jazzy sounds), Interpol, Gorrilaz, dua lipa and Tyler all whom are on the main stage so depends on how you feel with the huuuuge crowds that are going to be there! 

Early on first day would also recommend Agoraphobia and Future Utopia! 

Second day: Sampa the Great who is very similar to Little Simz but from Australia, bit heavier and will be a lot of fun! PinkPantheress is a TIK Tok sound but actually insanely talented! The got the Strokes (this will be mega crowded especially with the people from the day they cancelled coming) Chet faker who just got announced! The smile who are two member of Radiohead and one of the drummers from sons of Kemet (this will also be disgustingly rammed) Dorian Electra for some of the synth electro pop bangers! And run the jewels (if they recover from being ill) which will cause some crazy scenes! 

Finally day 3: Genesis Owusu who is honestly probably the most underrated artist going and seems no one is speaking about! Great hip hop rnb bangers! Celeste who I don’t really know but my partner loves aha! Jorja smith who is not really my thing but has a beautiful voice! Mogwai who are absolute classics when it comes to instrumental rock (that does not do them justice, they are amazing) Fred again who is a multi instrumentalist that loops songs, very talented chill good vibes. Tame impala (not actually heard good things from W1 peeps) mura masa just got added as well, saw them in 2019 and they were mega fun! And Phoenix who I personally think are unmissable but that’s mostly from British Nostalgia! 

Quite a lot of info there but hope it helps a little for someone to maybe find new peeps (even though a lot of big artists in there)

The weekday gigs, although a massive pain in the arse for some, were mostly advertised as such and basically came down to neither the festival nor the attendees having any idea how popular they were gonna be. It sucked that so many couldn’t get in, but unfortunately it’s just how it went.

The brunch on the beach fuck up is 100% on them though and they’ve left a really sour taste in my mouth with this one. I had no intention of going thankfully as I’d be a shell of a man by then, but not once have they advertised it as something you’d need to quickly scramble for tickets for at any given moment and I totally understand why so many people are pissed off about this one. People will be waking up today after a heavy one yesterday and see that the thing they spent money extending their stay for is now completely unavailable to them. Just awful organisation from the festival that favours only the people who were glued to their phones at a particular moment this morning. Somebody could’ve gone for a shower and boom, Brunch on the Beach is out of the equation. 

• Upvote 1

Seems like 2manydjs was moved to the Bits area tonight, and Bad Boy Chiller crew will close the Ray-Ban instead.

Bicep is playing Ray-Ban prior, this is possibly an attempt to get some of the crowd to the Beach area instead.

Edited by BenjoDiMeo

5 minutes ago, BenjoDiMeo said:

Seems like 2manydjs was moved to the Bits area tonight, and Bad Boy Chiller crew will close the Ray-Ban instead.

Bicep is playing Ray-Ban prior, this is possibly an attempt to get some of the crowd to the Beach area instead.

It makes sense for crowd management for sure, but it fucking sucks as somebody who was massively excited to see both Bicep and 2manydjs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It makes sense for crowd management for sure, but it fucking sucks as somebody who was massively excited to see both Bicep and 2manydjs. 

This is going to be little consolation but Anz is massive and she’s playing right after Bicep on the NTS stage.

19 minutes ago, BenjoDiMeo said:

Just re-read this and realised that BBCC are now after Bicep on Cupra and not over the other side of the site on Tous like they were originally moved, so guess I’ll stick around for them which should be a laugh. 

38 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

Lineup is always great but not enough to drag me back sadly!

57 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It was my first time and I've found this festival to have an extremely high faff to fun ratio.

This is my 14th and though I agree with you to some extent, it’s the only time it’s been like this. I wrote on here that there were bound to be teething problems in weekend one, given so many covid related issues.

A one off or blueprint for future?

Who knows…

Edited by xxialac