Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 hour ago, Rhak said:

Funny how people say they miss grass. I actually prefer the concrete set up and can’t really explain why. 

To the people upset by the commute I would really just recommend renting bikes. Been doing it for 3/4 years now and you’ve got so much freedom. In the city as well. Ok my arm still hurts from a fall on Thursday but that was because you islanders put front brakes on the right hand side and the bike rental caters a lot for uk people apparently

I knew there would be concrete but didn't think it would bother me that much! I really enjoy watching music surrounded by trees and on a field. Such a fucking hippy.

I'm not a confident cyclist, especially in a city I don't know and especially after a few drinks. 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I knew there would be concrete but didn't think it would bother me that much! I really enjoy watching music surrounded by trees and on a field. Such a fucking hippy.

I'm not a confident cyclist, especially in a city I don't know and especially after a few drinks. 

This is one of the reasons I liked the Tous stage actually. Dancing on grass with palm trees. Lovely!

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, either a) rent a place a long time in advance in Poblenou or b) rent a bike or c) find a place along the tram route.

Then the commute each day is a doddle.

Yeah I booked late and didn't have a clue what I was doing, to be fair.

If I ever went again (don't think I will) I would try to get somewhere right by the forum for the festival days and then move to another place in the city for a few days after.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sgreen7643 said:

Hi, I saw someone say something about getting an e-scooter to the bits area. Is that only for vips or for all punters? 

that was me! anyone can do it. takes seconds. you fill in a form and get a bracelet and off you go. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BenG92 said:

They've started to upload the pro shot footage to their YouTube channel, only Idles so far. Looks like great fun but we weren't gonna miss Gorillaz for it, will catch them at Werchter. 

What can we expect from this? I'm sure I've seen full pro shot sets before from Primavera, would love to watch Tyler, Nick Cave and Pavement back.

2 hours ago, sgreen7643 said:

Hi, I saw someone say something about getting an e-scooter to the bits area. Is that only for vips or for all punters? 

Nah, used it once on my last day of W1 and i was not VIP. Wished i knew that from day 1. You just need to fill a form at SEAT booth, they then give you a special wristband that gives you access to the escooters. They told me i could use it both ways but maybe it stops at some point because i tried to use it to go back to Cupra and they didn't let me go on the bridge while it was beginning to get dark.

13 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

What can we expect from this? I'm sure I've seen full pro shot sets before from Primavera, would love to watch Tyler, Nick Cave and Pavement back.

Yeah there's a lot of full sets on their channel so hopefully the same this year. Would love to watch Pavement since I was in a fucking hour long water queue instead! 

Top 5 for me last weekend

Gorillaz

Mogwai

Fontaines DC

Nick Cave

Lets Eat Grandma

The last one is a strange pick and not one that I would ever have imagined choosing even when walking over to Bits, but I was in a foul temper with the organisation of the festival on day one and for me personally the paucity of the line up. 

Anyhow by the time we were walking back over the bridge I had a big smile on my face and remembered just why we come to festivals. They deserve a place on my list for rescuing day one.

Unfortunately I seem to have caught covid over the weekend, take care those of you attending this weekend and have fun!

• Upvote 1

Finally it was my turn to test positive! No weekend 2 then. Oh well. I got 24 concerts already. Many great memories, with regards to music and the social stuff. Less than one year to next. And a few days with apple tv chill out in my airbnb.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, puckno said:

Finally it was my turn to test positive! No weekend 2 then. Oh well. I got 24 concerts already. Many great memories, with regards to music and the social stuff. Less than one year to next. And a few days with apple tv chill out in my airbnb.

Wow, I'd be bummed as hell though if I still had W2 to look forward to...

Has anyone here looked up the location for Primavera in Madrid 2023 yet? I just have, Madrid sounded fine, but I’m a bit shocked.. Ciudad del Rock in the village of Arganda del Rey is a 30min drive from Central Madrid, no train, no places to stay near the site, nothing.. Summer Story, a really bad techno festival, takes place there. I can’t believe where Primavera is heading..

Here’s an article about the from 2020.. 

https://www-elconfidencial-com.translate.goog/cultura/2020-03-09/rock-in-rio-ciudad-del-rock-arganda-abandonado_2486040/?_x_tr_sl=es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Edited by brosch
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, brosch said:

Has anyone here looked up the location for Primavera in Madrid 2023 yet? I just have, Madrid sounded fine, but I’m a bit shocked.. Ciudad del Rock in the village of Arganda del Rey is a 30min drive from Central Madrid, no train, no places to stay near the site, nothing.. Summer Story, a really bad techno festival, takes place there. I can’t believe where Primavera is heading..

Wow, just thinking about to try this Madrid Primavera next year. So, you are not recommending this venue? How about Mad Cool, is it a good festival in Madrid with a good location?

51 minutes ago, MarmK said:

Top 5 for me last weekend

Gorillaz

Mogwai

Fontaines DC

Nick Cave

Lets Eat Grandma

The last one is a strange pick and not one that I would ever have imagined choosing even when walking over to Bits, but I was in a foul temper with the organisation of the festival on day one and for me personally the paucity of the line up. 

Anyhow by the time we were walking back over the bridge I had a big smile on my face and remembered just why we come to festivals. They deserve a place on my list for rescuing day one.

Unfortunately I seem to have caught covid over the weekend, take care those of you attending this weekend and have fun!

They were fucking great. Turned the day around for us!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bram said:

Wow, just thinking about to try this Madrid Primavera next year. So, you are not recommending this venue? How about Mad Cool, is it a good festival in Madrid with a good location?

We did Mad Cool in 2018 and 2019, it's a bit of a trek from the city centre but we've always managed to get home ok.

The line up is normally very good.

40 minutes ago, puckno said:

So... I see at BCN pages I am supposed to quarantine for 7 days, though my flight is at Sunday. A little confused on what to do, play stupid or... 

Go home dude, there's a reason flights still have mandatory masks but not negative tests; so you can get home. You can stay but I promise you several people on your flight home aren't. Just sanitize your hands a lot and keep em to yourself as best you can. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Go home dude, there's a reason flights still have mandatory masks but not negative tests; so you can get home. You can stay but I promise you several people on your flight home aren't. Just sanitize your hands a lot and keep em to yourself as best you can. 

Yeah, I just noticed Spain quit the 7 days quarantine rule for mild cases in march, and the country I am going to have no quarantine rules at all. Both countries have decided to live with it. If it stays mild and I get better I will go home, will be careful with masks and so on of course.

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

100% agree. Be carefull, but go home and get well.

Btw, just had one of my favorite meals ever in Barcelona tonight. Els Tres Porquets in El Poblenou. Just fantastic from the local wine to the insanely good meatballs, peppers and creme bruleet cake(?) For dessert. Highly recommended.