Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's crazy to think that the biggest festival in the city isn't tied-in to arguably the most famous beer brand from Barcelona, Estrella. I'm a big fan of Estrella Inedit. A frosty one of those bad boys always goes down a treat on a balmy Catalan evening.

I'm sure they have you covered, worth checking all the bars on the site, they may differ slightly from each other.

they used to be and its a crying shame they switched!

Get a hoodie and put drink in the 'pouch'. Tie around waist with pouch facing inwards so it is invisible. Tuck hood in just in case. Walk into festival looking like you have a jumper tied around your waist. No one has ever patted the back of my knees.

Edited by Homer

If Issac hadn’t left then BCNR would be a must see for me, but them performing without him and performing a set made up entirely of unreleased material… not so much. Obviously still check them out if I have a gap in my schedule, but not essential viewing for me personally (even though I’m sure they’ll still be great). 

Protip: Take edibles and just drink water at the fest. Your wallet will thank you later and you'll have better endurance if you don't drink. Also less time wasted standing in queues and more time watching bands. Money saved can be spent on worthy cocktails in Barcelona center on the inbetween days 🙂

Edited by purplecowz
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, purplecowz said:

Protip: Take edibles and just drink water at the fest. Your wallet will thank you later and you'll have better endurance if you don't drink. Also less time wasted standing in queues and more time watching bands. Money saved can be spent on worthy cocktails in Barcelona center on the inbetween days 🙂

I'm guessing it being Barcelona it's pretty easy to source edibles? Rather not fly over with them 😂

So hmm

1. This is happening, right? I mean Covid-wise, seems like it's finally happening and not postponed another year?

2. About those midweek shows (Primavera a la ciutat), how hard/easy they are to enter? Specifically Beach Bunny and The Magnetic Fields, how does it work? Does having a festival bracelet enough to enter? (i only go to weekend one). Should we arrive early/do anything else to guarantee a place, or just arrive and it's going to be ok?

13 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

So hmm

1. This is happening, right? I mean Covid-wise, seems like it's finally happening and not postponed another year?

2. About those midweek shows (Primavera a la ciutat), how hard/easy they are to enter? Specifically Beach Bunny and The Magnetic Fields, how does it work? Does having a festival bracelet enough to enter? (i only go to weekend one). Should we arrive early/do anything else to guarantee a place, or just arrive and it's going to be ok?

1. For now I believe the festival is gonna happen

2. Yes, Weekend 1 wristband gives you access to all the La Ciutat shows. The venues' capacity is rather small (500 for The Magnetic Fields, 400 for Beach Bunny), so you might need to get there early.

13 minutes ago, aaalive said:

1. For now I believe the festival is gonna happen

2. Yes, Weekend 1 wristband gives you access to all the La Ciutat shows. The venues' capacity is rather small (500 for The Magnetic Fields, 400 for Beach Bunny), so you might need to get there early.

Thanks! How early? like an hour before opening should be ok? Is there a convenient way to see exactly who plays in any midweek event? I understand there's several bands.

Also, how long sets we should be expecting? The Magnetic Fields for example, will it be a full set or a shortened version like festival sets?

4 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Thanks! How early? like an hour before opening should be ok? Is there a convenient way to see exactly who plays in any midweek event? I understand there's several bands.

Also, how long sets we should be expecting? The Magnetic Fields for example, will it be a full set or a shortened version like festival sets?

There'll be a programme released nearer the time for the midweek shows, it's too far in advance for timings just yet.

For the very in demand shows you'll need to be there easily an hour in advance, yeah. Personally I wouldn't expect to be able to get into more than one show a night.

I wouldn't be expecting full headline sets, no. Probably 45 minutes to an hour.