Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I imagine that Latitude are the pilot but he isn't allowed to say it yet? He was a bit cagey on details.

It'll be on listen again if anyone wants to see if they interpret it differently! 

Latitude are laying out their plans for entry this week so we should hear by Friday, I wouldn't be surprised if its one of the test events but he can't confirm it yet

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

I'm thinking the same. 

Though I do wonder if he's doing this to sell tickets and that he's no more confident of getting the one events research slot than anyone else...

To be honest, I've get feck all else in my diary, my international plans are in the bin with no real confidence that travel will be up and running any time soon, so let's roll the dice

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I might just take the plunge. I'll get a refund if it's canned

Yeah he's already promised carry over or refunds I believe. Im working it with Oxfam so ill be there, cant wait to be honest 2 years no festival is horrible. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, incident said:

He's referring to Download Pilot, which had all the acts playing for free.

To be fair, I don't think that's indicative of anything. The whole thing won't have been cheap to put on as it was genuinely pulled together in approximately a month start to finish with tickets sold arguably below market value price.

I guess its in the bands best interest as well... help get live music going again and its good rehearsal after nothing in so long.  

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Latitude are laying out their plans for entry this week so we should hear by Friday, I wouldn't be surprised if its one of the test events but he can't confirm it yet

Yeah I reckon this is the case. He sounded very bullish about it going ahead, it was just that when he was asked specifically if he though it might get pilot status he said he didn't know. But might just not be allowed to say. Wasn't there a story higher up that said Latitude was one of them?

I got back from the Download Pilot yesterday and it was one of the most incredible weekends of my life and by far and away the best 'Download' I've ever been to. 

Good God, I hope that the results from it mean that other festivals can happen this year. 

How many pilot events do we need? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

To be honest, I've get feck all else in my diary, my international plans are in the bin with no real confidence that travel will be up and running any time soon, so let's roll the dice

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Done it! Booked a Latitude ticket. Now...the waiting game. But I've got pretty good at that since my last festival...in 2019

Ah amazing! I just need confirmation that y not is not part of the scheme too as I'm booked at that a week later. 

Lineup is really good at latitude 

Edited by efcfanwirral

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep, I'm in. 

If you haven't been before try and check out the comedy. When I went they had quite a few big names on first thing in the morning when nothing else was on (Richard Herring, Robin Ince, Marcus Brigstocke, Andrew Maxwell, Simon Evans, etc).

Edited by Homer

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

If you haven't been before try and check out the comedy. When I went they had quite a few big names on first thing in the morning when nothing else was on (Richard Herring, Robin Ince, Marcus Brigstocke, Andrew Maxwell, Simon Evans, etc).

I went before, in 2016. I enjoyed it, it's quite a chilled out festival. Loved the wooded areas. And yes, the comedy tent is a must! Does anyone know if you can still swim in the lake?

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I went before, in 2016. I enjoyed it, it's quite a chilled out festival. Loved the wooded areas. And yes, the comedy tent is a must! Does anyone know if you can still swim in the lake?

You could the last couple of years it was on, yes

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Ah amazing! I just need confirmation that y not is not part of the scheme too as I'm booked at that a week later. 

Lineup is really good at latitude 

I'd like to see a few more DJs and late night stuff added but I'll take it! Friday and Saturday are much stronger than the Sunday for me, which I can see me sacking off tbh but beggars can't be choosers

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I got back from the Download Pilot yesterday and it was one of the most incredible weekends of my life and by far and away the best 'Download' I've ever been to. 

Good God, I hope that the results from it mean that other festivals can happen this year. 

How many pilot events do we need? 

Looked amazing, glad you had a good time!

They scrapped the "arena" format for the pilot didn't they? Camping near the stages etc. How did that go? That's probably the biggest positive Glastonbury has over other festivals for me. I get they probably did it out of necessity for this, but a Download without the camping divide must have been great.

36 minutes ago, incident said:

He's referring to Download Pilot, which had all the acts playing for free.

To be fair, I don't think that's indicative of anything. The whole thing won't have been cheap to put on as it was genuinely pulled together in approximately a month start to finish with tickets sold arguably below market value price.

Live Nation can afford to pay people for their labour. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Looked amazing, glad you had a good time!

They scrapped the "arena" format for the pilot didn't they? Camping near the stages etc. How did that go? That's probably the biggest positive Glastonbury has over other festivals for me. I get they probably did it out of necessity for this, but a Download without the camping divide must have been great.

Thank you! 

The setup was outstanding. It took me around 3 minutes to walk from my tent to the 'arena'. I've never been to 2000 Trees but I've been told that it is very similarly set up to how DL was this weekend and it has made me really want to go there next year (or ArcTanGent) because everything about the Pilot was far, far better than regular DL. 

I've made quite a big post about the weekend on the DL sub if you want to read a little more about it 🙂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Homer said:

Bill Bailey this year. Thats a must see, hes brilliant live. 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Bill Bailey this year. Thats a must see, hes brilliant live. 

Yeah, definitely. He's on the main stage isn't he?

I'd also try and see Simon Amstell if possible. His special on Netflix is really funny. "I've never been anorexic. But I have tried a little bit too hard to have a poo."

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yeah, definitely. He's on the main stage isn't he?

I'd also try and see Simon Amstell if possible. His special on Netflix is really funny. "I've never been anorexic. But I have tried a little bit too hard to have a poo."

They havent put him under the comedy section so yeah i think so, sunday afternoon. He plays a lot of music so he will be perfect for main stage sunday afternoon. 

Edit: Yeah i love Simon Amstell too... gutted when he left buzzcocks ha 

Edited by Havors

21 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'd like to see a few more DJs and late night stuff added but I'll take it! Friday and Saturday are much stronger than the Sunday for me, which I can see me sacking off tbh but beggars can't be choosers

Wolf Alice are my latest obsession, I've always wanted to see supergrass, Stephen fretwell's return is something I've been waiting for for a long time, and loving smaller ones like working mens club, arlo parks, Holly Humberstone, beabadoobee etc. Will be really special 

38 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I may have missed it but there wasn't great deal of that after hours. My memory was of lots of places playing 80s-type stuff like Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac and everyone singing along. It was still good fun though.

Just now, Homer said:

I may have missed it but there wasn't great deal of that after hours. My memory was of lots of places playing 80s-type stuff like Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac and everyone singing along. It was still good fun though.

Yeah, I recall something similar. Ah, who cares? Chems and a random wander around on a Saturday night. What's not to love?