Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

I read somewhere they need Black Widow to come out first to kick off phase 4, if they keep pushing it back it'll step on others toes. We'll be seeing Marvel films every Friday like Wandavision episodes if this carries on.

Yeah does make me wonder just what Black Widow had got up it’s sleeve that links in to the new films, especially with the main character being dead already. 

They’ve seemed happy to just push everything back a few months thus far, but I suppose there’s a limit to just how long they’ll continue to do so, especially with some real big hitters coming up this year.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah does make me wonder just what Black Widow had got up it’s sleeve that links in to the new films, especially with the main character being dead already. 

They’ve seemed happy to just push everything back a few months thus far, but I suppose there’s a limit to just how long they’ll continue to do so, especially with some real big hitters coming up this year.

you wonder how much of it is to do with them not wanting to be seen putting one of their only female lead superhero films straight on a stream service, the answer to which is obviously just make bloody more of them lads. We'll see what happens anyway, I just can't be arsed with Spider-man and Thor getting delayed.

Black Widow is an odd one as they need to release it soon as her successor pops up in Falcon & Winter Soldier which is out next month, maybe they have it timed so when the movie is out is also when her episode is out like with Hydra/SHIELD collapsing in Agents of SHIELS and Winter Soldier?

1 minute ago, jump said:

Black Widow is an odd one as they need to release it soon as her successor pops up in Falcon & Winter Soldier which is out next month, maybe they have it timed so when the movie is out is also when her episode is out like with Hydra/SHIELD collapsing in Agents of SHIELS and Winter Soldier?

First I’ve heard of the Black Widow/Falcon connection but yeah that’s something I can see them doing. Marvel have done such a great job at weaving character in and out of different projects that having to delay just one thing must’ve massively fucked up their plans, never mind having to constantly push everything back. 

I seem to remember the U.K. getting Ant Man & the Wasp a few months after it was released in the U.S. for whatever reason so here’s hoping if our cinemas are open a reverse deal can happen with Black Widow and even stuff further down the line.

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

First I’ve heard of the Black Widow/Falcon connection but yeah that’s something I can see them doing. Marvel have done such a great job at weaving character in and out of different projects that having to delay just one thing must’ve massively fucked up their plans, never mind having to constantly push everything back. 

I seem to remember the U.K. getting Ant Man & the Wasp a few months after it was released in the U.S. for whatever reason so here’s hoping if our cinemas are open a reverse deal can happen with Black Widow and even stuff further down the line.

Actually, never mind. I remembered it wrong as she is gonna pop up in Hawkeye, not F&TWS.

The new Black Widow Florence Pugh is a great bit of casting though. She was in Fighting with My Family and Midsommar, I'm looking forward to seeing her take over.

Edited by jump

2 hours ago, jump said:

Actually, never mind. I remembered it wrong as she is gonna pop up in Hawkeye, not F&TWS.

The new Black Widow Florence Pugh is a great bit of casting though. She was in Fighting with My Family and Midsommar, I'm looking forward to seeing her take over.

She is absolutely brilliant. Was amazing in The Little Drummer Girl too. And Lady Macbeth. Big fan. 

4 hours ago, jump said:

She's in Hawkeye too later in the year. I think Falcon and Winter Soldier is only 6 episodes - would it last long enough to run to Black Widow?

And as for Dr. Doom?

giancarlo-espositoo.jpg

But Nic Cage and Cillian Murphy are great shouts!

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

She's in Hawkeye too later in the year. I think Falcon and Winter Soldier is only 6 episodes - would it last long enough to run to Black Widow?

And as for Dr. Doom?

giancarlo-espositoo.jpg

If they’re sticking with comic origins then Doom would have to be similar age to Reed wouldn’t he? Rivals at college and all that, so would totally depend on who they’re thinking of for the main F4 cast.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If they’re sticking with comic origins then Doom would have to be similar age to Reed wouldn’t he? Rivals at college and all that, so would totally depend on who they’re thinking of for the main F4 cast.

There was a rumour they were going to gender swap the Dr Doom role - as in the actual Dr Doom role not his daughter - at one point.

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

There was a rumour they were going to gender swap the Dr Doom role - as in the actual Dr Doom role not his daughter - at one point.

Hmm I’m all for gender swaps on the odd occasion, and if they went through with it I trust it would work, but Doctor Doom is one of the last characters I’d personally want them to mess with in that respect, especially as they’ve already done the character dirty twice over. I imagine it would be incredibly poorly received if this is a choice they went with. 

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah that’s why I thought Krasinski/Murphy would make a good pairing.

That said, if they’re looking older then Esposito would be a great shout.

Actually... would Tom Hardy work as Doom?

Doom is supposed to be physically imposing which Hardy can pull off, and he’s done his share of psycho villains in the past. Plus Doom is Eastern European and nobody loves a silly accent more than Hardy.

I suppose the fact that he’s already Bane and Venom works against him.

6 hours ago, eddie_corrigan said:

My mate works for picturehouse travelling the country fixing the projectors (old and new) and he's told me that they are expecting minimal new releases until USA and China get their house in order. Re black widow i wonder if the appetite for wandavision (see disney+ crashing last Friday) would lead them to release it on there like they did Mulan?

Haven’t large areas of the US kept cinemas open throughout?

37 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

And as for Dr. Doom?

giancarlo-espositoo.jpg

That's a great shout, shame it wont happen.

As much as I like Doom I'd like to see Maker as the big bad in FF. I'm surprised the MCU hasn't done the evil alt versions yet,Hydra Cap in particular would drive people nuts and Maestro is a great baddie.

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Actually... would Tom Hardy work as Doom?

Doom is supposed to be physically imposing which Hardy can pull off, and he’s done his share of psycho villains in the past. Plus Doom is Eastern European and nobody loves a silly accent more than Hardy.

I suppose the fact that he’s already Bane and Venom works against him.

Yeah I think him already being Venom in that somewhat shared universe would count him out of Doom.