Marvel shows & spoilers

FloorFiller

Enjoyed that, added some nice background/context to everything that's been going. In a lot of sci fi/fantasy shows I always prefer the penultimate episode to the finale which is usually a lot of whizz bangs and explosions to wrap everything up quickly.

It's gonna end up with Wanda having to kill Vision yet again to save the day, isn't it?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Also nice to finally know that Malcolm in the Middle is cannon in the MCU. Been waiting on that one.

Scenes when it turns out Hal was Dr Doom all along.

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah they made a big song and dance about this months ago and I'd completely forgotten about it until the newtrailer dropped yesterday, looks really fun. Hulu though (more like Hu-knows-when-it'll-be-in-the-UK amirite)

Seen someone suggest Paul Bettany was trolling everyone when he spoke about an actor he's always wanted to work with as he faces off against White Vision next week...

"This is the theory that says there is some mysterious Avenger who is going to appear in WandaVision, and people seem to think that mysterious Avenger is Doctor Strange. Truth is, of all of the characters that we were trying to keep secret, a lot of them got out through leaks. There is one character that has not been revealed and it is very exciting, it's an actor I've longed to work with all of my life. We have some amazing scenes together, and the chemistry between us is, I think, extraordinary, and it was just fireworks on set. So I'm really excited for people to see that stuff."

As someone that never really bought into people thinking it would be magneto or anything I'd find it hilarious, especially after I've been burnt with fake Pietro.

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Seen someone suggest Paul Bettany was trolling everyone when he spoke about an actor he's always wanted to work with as he faces off against White Vision next week...

"This is the theory that says there is some mysterious Avenger who is going to appear in WandaVision, and people seem to think that mysterious Avenger is Doctor Strange. Truth is, of all of the characters that we were trying to keep secret, a lot of them got out through leaks. There is one character that has not been revealed and it is very exciting, it's an actor I've longed to work with all of my life. We have some amazing scenes together, and the chemistry between us is, I think, extraordinary, and it was just fireworks on set. So I'm really excited for people to see that stuff."

As someone that never really bought into people thinking it would be magneto or anything I'd find it hilarious, especially after I've been burnt with fake Pietro.

Was just typing this out. Pretty funny, especially with all the rumours. If we don’t get a well known comic engineer turning up next week either then Marvel and the cast are just downright fucking with the fans 😅

I think Strange will turn up, but not in any huge way. It’s a story about Wanda dealing with her grief and trauma, so would be pretty bogus if he  just turned up out of nowhere and saved the day. But at the same time it’d be a bit odd if Marvel is going down the magic route and the (soon to be) Sorcerer Supreme is MIA.

My best bet is the whole thing ends (maybe as a mid-credit) with Wanda knocking on the door of the Sanctum Sanctorum and asking Strange’s help understanding Chaos Magic. It’d tie nicely into Strange 2 as she could be there studying as it begins.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Was just typing this out. Pretty funny, especially with all the rumours. If we don’t get a well known comic engineer turning up next week either then Marvel and the cast are just downright fucking with the fans 😅

After that episode (which was incredible btw) I’ve massively cooled on the potential for cameos in the next  episode and think we could just see Strange save the day. Appearances from Mephisto, Richards or Magneto seem less likely now. Unless the finale is going to be basically the length of a movie and go mental, I think the finale is going to be fairly straightforward with Wanda saving the kids and battling against Agatha and Vision.

All that being said, they really have teased an awful lot on this but i goes those hints could be paid off down the line. The bunny, for example, could be anyone really. Franklin Richards is my shout, but again I’m not sure we’ll get that reveal next episode.

It’s worth noting that they did fully establish Wanda as a mutant in this episode as well. I believe in Ultron we were less to believe the mind stone gave her the powers?

Finally, are we really sure this rules out Pietro being from the Fox universe? Could it not be that Agatha has basically yanked him out of that universe to control as her spy in this one?

Edited by jparx

I don’t particularly want any big cameos or left field twists in the finale. It would be a disservice to what has been a very well crafted story.

Might as well have Wanda wake up from a dream while Vision steps out of the shower (reference for the kids there).

I have faith in the show to pull off whatever they do superbly though, and for such concerns to be unfounded.

6 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

I don’t particularly want any big cameos or left field twists in the finale. It would be a disservice to what has been a very well crafted story.

Might as well have Wanda wake up from a dream while Vision steps out of the shower (reference for the kids there).

I have faith in the show to pull off whatever they do superbly though, and for such concerns to be unfounded.

I’d be happy without a big twist or cameo, but I certainly wouldn’t be upset if we did get one. We’re talking about comic books here...twists and cameos is standard practice. Plus I’m sure they’ll handle it well whatever they decide to do. I’m not going to be booing the screen if Magneto descends from the sky to rescue Wanda or something.

Problem with setting up such a massive universe like this with so many characters is that the first question anyone asks is “where are the other Avengers?” which I think is why you get different characters cameoing in other films. It’s always been common practice in the comics for say, Dr Strange or Daredevil, to pop up in an issue of Spider-Man.

You’d think some of the surviving Avengers (Hulk, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, etc) would say “hold on, has anyone seen Wanda? And what’s the deal with that massive glowing orb in New Jersey?”

Edited by Hugh Jass

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Problem with setting up such a massive universe like this with so many characters is that the first question anyone asks is “where are the other Avenger?” which I think is why you get different characters cameoing in other films. It’s always been common practice in the comics for say, Dr Strange or Daredevil, to pop up in an issue of Spider-Man.

You’d think some of the surviving Avengers (Hulk, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, etc) who say “hold on, has anyone seen Wanda? And what’s the deal with that massive glowing orb in New Jersey?”

In this case, Doctor Strange not investigating this monumental use of chaos magic, happening not even too far away from the Sanctum, would seem a bit odd. It’s not necessary for it to be a satisfying ending, but it does make sense in the context of the MCU and wouldn’t feel crowbarred in.

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Problem with setting up such a massive universe like this with so many characters is that the first question anyone asks is “where are the other Avengers?” which I think is why you get different characters cameoing in other films. It’s always been common practice in the comics for say, Dr Strange or Daredevil, to pop up in an issue of Spider-Man.

You’d think some of the surviving Avengers (Hulk, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, etc) would say “hold on, has anyone seen Wanda? And what’s the deal with that massive glowing orb in New Jersey?”

I've thought that for a while for the films ("seriously, I'm having a mare here, where the fuck are those guys"), but just accepted its just one of those things. 

6 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I've thought that for a while for the films ("seriously, I'm having a mare here, where the fuck are those guys"), but just accepted its just one of those things. 

They do reference it every now and then in some films - Thor and Hulk were off-world during Civil War (presumably Ragnarok is set around the same time), Hank Pym wouldn’t call the Avengers because he didn’t trust Stark, Stark and Cap weren’t speaking during Homecoming....

23 minutes ago, jparx said:

In this case, Doctor Strange not investigating this monumental use of chaos magic, happening not even too far away from the Sanctum, would seem a bit odd. It’s not necessary for it to be a satisfying ending, but it does make sense in the context of the MCU and wouldn’t feel crowbarred in.

Think it might have been an article on den of geek were this is referenced in spiderman: far from home when peter asks fury why dr strange cant deal with mysterio and the interdimensional shenanigans and he's told strange is unavailable. My timing might be a bit off but far from home is roughly 6 months after end game and wandavision is about 3-4 weeks. So would link in with him showing up. 

Edited by eddie_corrigan

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They do reference it every now and then in some films - Thor and Hulk were off-world during Civil War (presumably Ragnarok is set around the same time), Hank Pym wouldn’t call the Avengers because he didn’t trust Stark, Stark and Cap weren’t speaking during Homecoming....

True. It always seems so clunky when they do though. I'd almost prefer it if they didn't. 

50 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

probably waiting for the UN to give the the go ahead because of the accords, damn bureaucracy! 

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Okay so, i'm #TeamAgatha.

Wanda can fuck off. I've done some embarrassing shit when heartbroken, but enslaving thousands of people is a bit much, even for me. Hope Agatha and Doc Strange team up to give her a whoopin'

I dunno, it's portrayed as if she has created everything completely accidentally. As in, the grief poured out of her like chaos magic. 

Still think there will be a couple of massive twists to come. Gonna have to be a feature film length episode to wrap most things up to a point that Dr Strange 2 can kick off from.

On 2/20/2021 at 12:02 AM, vintagelaureate said:

I did think Vision would survive - but then I read an interview about how sad an ending it has which makes me think he won't, but that could be the kids disappearing too..! He may just become Grey Vision and the cameo could be Michael Douglas as Hank Pym!

🤔

Ultimately, I think we will see some kind of Vision vs. Vision face off. Perhaps with both being destroyed, and Dr. Strange turning up to help Wanda save her children and provide her with an outlet for her power.

Some really good scenes in this episode - first hint that she was "born a mutant" with the stone increasing her powers.