news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ironically, this isn't actually a 'fact' (unless you've got a source for 'centrists like to ignore facts'?!).

This thread.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Hey guys, were you aware of this? I just saw it - but I wasn't sure if you'd all had it brought to your attention already?!

346473434_Screenshot2021-04-18at17_44_35.thumb.png.ce7c18982c0b247c9a020ccbd50e8253.png

Right. So attack me but turn a blind eye to those that are actually doing bad things. Because obviously raising awareness of an issue is worse than causing an issue 🙄

Frankly, Bidenists are becoming like Trumpers in that they're forming something of a cult of personality around him (and Kamala) and refusing to consider that maybe he's not so great after all. Any criticism of policy is seen as an attack on the person and so they get all defensive rather than questioning. I'm sure we'll soon start hearing crap like "don't care if you don't like him, he's still the president :)"

If the president you all seem to love so much consistently does bad shit, then have you ever considered that maybe you're either ignorant or actually "one of the bad guys"?

Edited by Gilgamesh69

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Frankly, Bidenists are becoming like Trumpers in that they're forming something of a cult of personality around him (and Kamala) and refusing to consider that maybe he's not so great after all. Any criticism of policy is seen as an attack on the person and so they get all defensive rather than questioning. I'm sure we'll soon start hearing crap like "don't care if you don't like him, he's still the president :)"

If the president you all seem to love so much consistently does bad shit, then have you ever considered that maybe you're either ignorant or actually "one of the bad guys"?

The thing is that may well be true amoungst Burden supporters but most people here don't care that much about US Politics. Trump got everyone invested because he was uniquely able to push people's buttons so most are glad to see the back of him but Biden's failures much like Obama's failures aren't really at the forefront of most people in the UK's minds.

2 hours ago, mcshed said:

It's also 40% in Sweden. 

Whatever, the original point I was making was it's perfectly possible all over the world to make a journey of 350 miles by train for less money than it costs to fly the same distance, I'd hope we could do the same, maybe we can't, maybe we can only do it by taxing the shit out of airlines I don't know but it's currently a uniquely British problem.

UK public are very anti the sort of investments needed to achieve that just read what people say aboutthe money being spent on hs2. Which isn't all about the high speed but system capacityincrease. 

Sometimes I'm having a good day and then I remember that c*ntrists exist and it's ruined. Like why do they go on about balance and getting the "best" of both sides, but then spend more time attacking the left than the right? Also mad how c*ntrists will turn a blind eye to genocide and imperialism but then cry because they get downvoted. Can't make this shit up jfc 😂

49 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Sometimes I'm having a good day and then I remember that c*ntrists exist and it's ruined. Like why do they go on about balance and getting the "best" of both sides, but then spend more time attacking the left than the right? Also mad how c*ntrists will turn a blind eye to genocide and imperialism but then cry because they get downvoted. Can't make this shit up jfc 😂

broken record

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

broken record

Because gigamesh donesnt turn a blind eye to the genocide from the left deliberately contrived genocide?the millions killed by Stalin Mao Pol Pot and others because some people dared to have different opinions to themgigamesh opinions he'd probably call centralist. But most people would call not-extremist the extemists are those like yougigamesh who won't accept therights of others to reach different conclusions to him?

Edited by eFestivals