news & politics:discussion

zahidf

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I remember Gilgamesh69 slagging off Biden on inauguration day on the US election thread....you have to get in there early see.

...and so far none of you have been able to even slightly convince me that Biden might be okay. Any defences of him are usually just nonsense like comparing him to Trump or attacks on myself, instead of sound arguments. Meanwhile I've been right about him being shit but y'all continue to close your eyes and block your ears, telling yourself " don't listen to reason! Biden is a good guy, we have to support him! How dare anyone criticise him!"

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

and so far none of you have been able to even slightly convince me that Biden might be okay. Any defences of him are usually just nonsense like comparing him to Trump

That was pretty much the general consensus of the thread, no one was thinking Biden was going to be revolutionary and change America. The main thing is that he wasn’t Trump. America is still a right wing, third world country masquerading as a civilised country. 

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

...and so far none of you have been able to even slightly convince me that Biden might be okay. Any defences of him are usually just nonsense like comparing him to Trump or attacks on myself, instead of sound arguments. Meanwhile I've been right about him being shit but y'all continue to close your eyes and block your ears, telling yourself " don't listen to reason! Biden is a good guy, we have to support him! How dare anyone criticise him!"

His no.1 priority when coming into office was always going to be covid...and there has been a massive vaccine rollout there, a huge covid stimulus package and further massive spending plans. It looks like he wants to fix America. Judgement on his foreign policy is TBD...it is all Russia/China/Iran at moment.

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

That was pretty much the general consensus of the thread, no one was thinking Biden was going to be revolutionary and change America. The main thing is that he wasn’t Trump. America is still a right wing, third world country masquerading as a civilised country. 

You're absolutely right, but unfortunately a lot of people now seem to think everything is okay and we can all just sit back and relax now that Papa Biden is in charge and big meanie Donnie is out

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

You're absolutely right, but unfortunately a lot of people now seem to think everything is okay and we can all just sit back and relax now that Papa Biden is in charge and big meanie Donnie is out

when it comes to the US economy what he is trying to get pushed through is radical. Massive spending paid for by borrowing and taxing the wealthy. He is doing this by forging alliances between the centre and the left, instead of constant childish bitching like you get over here.

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

His no.1 priority when coming into office was always going to be covid...and there has been a massive vaccine rollout there, a huge covid stimulus package and further massive spending plans. It looks like he wants to fix America. Judgement on his foreign policy is TBD...it is all Russia/China/Iran at moment.

I won't post the same image again because I think its on the previous page but do you mean the stimulus package which he underdelivered?

As for the vaccine, how about this promise he made? Meanwhile the US is still opposed to waiving patents/monopolies for the vaccine & other medical tools. But hey, it's only really going to be poorer countries affected by this and who cares about those? The important thing is that Joe kneeled so that means he loves people of colour and is not at all racist nor imperialistic(!)

image.png.e360ad51d7eaa1c7f26ba3e0ef5c97a8.png

Edited by Gilgamesh69

9 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Good to know you're more worried about "the big scary leftists" than genocide and all the other shit these c*ntrist types enable. Further evidence that your opinion on politics is absolutely irrelevant

Because the no other views allowed left has neverbeen tresponsiiiblle for genocide. Try a bit of self awareness matey. 

Not all people have the time and privilege to be able to influence parties from within, especially as they're often rife with corruption and nepotism coughthePLPcough. A single person alone cannot make much of a difference, but if a party (A) loses a few hundred/thousand (depending on the scale) to a better party (B), than it may make A think "damn we're losing votes, we need to improve!" and so they become closer to B policy wise.

So what you're saying is that you want people who don't agree with you to enable your privilege. 

11 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Typical right winger   - sorry, I mean "centrist" - attitude. But hey if you want to support and praise an old white guy that's continuing to enable genocide then go ahead 🙂

That was corbyn on his cyclingd shagging holidays. And your heas is too far up your arse to see it. 

Edited by eFestivals

Already explained why. Sure they might not win, but could lead to either policy change  or them winning in future. 

The policy change your way leads to are changes to tory policies look around you and futheraway from winning in the future

Should think in the long term too. Better to have a bad party for five years followed by a good party for 5+ years, than it is to just always have parties that go from a scale of shit to "i guess they're not too bad..."

You should try thinking in the long term too as the hated centrist did who saw where corbyn was leader would lead. And it happened much as they said Blair was more of a visionary than you. 

You've been bettered by the guy you detest the most. 

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Yeah that's how infrastructure works, it benefits the economy as a whole so it behoves the state to fund it.

So if he doesn't take the train the tracks get ripped up? (You said the journey would be cheaper the journey isn't infrastructure)

Edited by eFestivals

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It makes more sense for very long distances.

It's also 40% in Sweden. 

Whatever, the original point I was making was it's perfectly possible all over the world to make a journey of 350 miles by train for less money than it costs to fly the same distance, I'd hope we could do the same, maybe we can't, maybe we can only do it by taxing the shit out of airlines I don't know but it's currently a uniquely British problem.