news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

Blairism.

Remember when you said Joe Biden was a Blairite? You can't just say everything you dislike is Blairite, these words have quite specific meanings. On the one hand we've been told that we don't know what Starmer stands for and hasn't announced any policy and on the other that he's a Blairite. These are mutually exclusive positions. 

25 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Remember when you said Joe Biden was a Blairite? You can't just say everything you dislike is Blairite, these words have quite specific meanings. On the one hand we've been told that we don't know what Starmer stands for and hasn't announced any policy and on the other that he's a Blairite. These are mutually exclusive positions. 

yeah, not sure how Starmer is blairist (is that a word?)...there arent' really any policies there yet...he's just trying to appeal to all those horrid brexity types who love the queen and hate farangs.

1 hour ago, topmarksbri said:

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, not sure how Starmer is blairist (is that a word?)...there arent' really any policies there yet...he's just trying to appeal to all those horrid brexity types who love the queen and hate farangs.

This is exactly the kind of gobbledegook a pair of prime Blairites would come out with. Quit being such a pair of Blairites would you?!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I guess there will be some hoping that the answer to both will be no...and then labour are going nowhere under starmer and he needs to go....

But, who to replace him? Nandy? Dodds? Reeves? Burgon? ... Corbyn? ....... Blair?

Heading win back Scotland there's more chance of snippers voting Tory than labour they hate the tories less.and you don't get more Blaire than sturgeon.its odd how Scotland stopped voting labour when it stopped being Scottish mafia?

Edited by eFestivals

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Heading win back Scotland there's more chance of snippers voting Tory than labour they hate the tories less.and you don't get more Blaire than sturgeon.its odd how Scotland stopped voting labour when it stopped being Scottish mafia?

huh? what was it like before the edit?

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:
I guess there will be some hoping that the answer to both will be no...and then labour are going nowhere under starmer and he needs to go....

But, who to replace him? Nandy? Dodds? Reeves? Burgon? ... Corbyn? ....... Blair?

No chance Starmer goes whatever happens in the byelections, the PLP know that their next stooge will lose any subsequent leadership election so they’d never risk a vote of no confidence. 

If he does lose, then at least I’d hope it’d give him cause to reassess his strategy- shuffle some of the careerist gargoyles out of his shad cab and get some lefties in, recommit to his policy promises on his leadership manifesto, reinstate and apologise to Corbyn and fire Mandelson out of a cannon into the sea.

If he were to get the old heave ho, I’ve said it before that Dan Carden would probs be my pick.

A pity Steve Rotheram is Scouse Metro mayor otherwise I’d have had him.

Nandy was my vote in the last leadership election but for me she’s now once too often demonstrated her own comfortableness with selling out the left to salve the bloodlust of the centrist vampires.

2 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

No chance Starmer goes whatever happens in the byelections,

the PLP know that their next stooge will lose any subsequent leadership election so they’d never risk a vote of no confidence. 

If he does lose, then at least I’d hope it’d give him cause to reassess his strategy- shuffle some of the careerist gargoyles out of his shad cab and get some lefties in,

They're aren't any lefties.  It's why rlb was the best Corbyn could find as his heir and she impressesno one.

recommit to his policy promises on his leadership manifesto, reinstate and apologise to Corbyn

An apology for Corbyn only after he gives one for being to shit and too stupid.

and fire Mandelson out of a cannon into the sea.

If he were to get the old heave ho, I’ve said it before that Dan Carden would probs be my pick.

Nandy was my vote in the last leadership election but for me she’s now once too often demonstrated her own comfortableness with selling out the left to salve the bloodlust of the centrist vampires.

6 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

No chance Starmer goes whatever happens in the byelections, the PLP know that their next stooge will lose any subsequent leadership election so they’d never risk a vote of no confidence. 

If he does lose, then at least I’d hope it’d give him cause to reassess his strategy- shuffle some of the careerist gargoyles out of his shad cab and get some lefties in, recommit to his policy promises on his leadership manifesto, reinstate and apologise to Corbyn and fire Mandelson out of a cannon into the sea.

Was Nandy ever from the left of labour? thought she was more centrist than Starmer, but one with a northern accent.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Na na dy is a brexiter fruitcake

No, she was originally a remainer...but then supported a soft brexit, something I actually agreed with, and did not support a 2nd referendum.  I like her actually, think she's done ok over the last 12 months...but not sure if she would have been a better labour leader ...she may have taken the fight to the tories more, but some of that also may have backfired.

Edited by steviewevie

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

No, she was originally a remainer...but then supported a soft brexit, something I actually agreed with, and did not support a 2nd referendum.  I like her actually, think she's done ok over the last 12 months...but not sure if she would have been a better leader labour...she may have taken the fight to the tories more, but some of that also may have backfired.

She backed brexit all the way.she been anonymous as shadow foreign secretary.

Edited by eFestivals

22 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Was Nandy ever from the left of labour? thought she was more centrist than Starmer, but one with a northern accent.

She’s ’soft left’, same as Starmer was supposed to be.

At the time I thought Nandy would be a good compromise. A well liked, experienced, female constituency MP in a deprived area who knows the need for the welfare state and nationalised rail etc, who emphasises localism and immediately accepted the brexit result. I still kind of think these things but I just dont trust her anymore.

And whilst at the time I quite liked Starmer’s manifesto, I didn’t think Starmer would be able to shake of his anchor as remainer in chief and I thought it’d be good to have a woman.

RLB was a non runner for me. Not a good speaker and already a big target for the hostile press.

I don’t think any of us on the left, many of whom voted for candidates other than RLB, expected what came next. Its all been fairly shocking and unpleasant. Feels personal. Like the right of the party had been grinding their axes for the last 5 years and were finally able to run amok. And they did. And now the party is a steaming pile of shit.

Edited by mattiloy