news & politics:discussion

zahidf

25 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I'm sure they do prefer it, but basically any taxi nowadays has the option for card when pre boooking on an app

don't book on an app, -  i have the drivers numbers.

• Upvote 1

It comes as no surprise to me but......

Labour would not revoke the Rosebank licence if the party wins the next general election, the BBC has learned.

A senior party source said that while Labour had opposed the plans for the oil field on cost and climate grounds, they would not revoke the development if they get into government because they did not want to cause uncertainty. That position may provoke criticism from figures on the Labour left who want the party to commit to a faster green transition.

Labour has previously said that if it wins the election, it would not grant new licences for oil and gas exploration.

The Liberal Democrats are not expected to make a comment on the licence, but a party source said that their position remains that Rosebank should not go ahead.

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Laurence Fox is what happens when those two dweebs from Weird Science do not put pictures of hot models into their computer, but instead hook it up directly to 4Chan.

There seems to be a prevailing mood on t'internet that the only thing women have to offer men is sex and equally the only thing men have to offer women is money.

I'm surprised that the very people who want to conserve what they see as our culture also appear to be trying to drive a wedge between men and women, effectively stopping them from reproducing.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It comes as no surprise to me but......

Labour would not revoke the Rosebank licence if the party wins the next general election, the BBC has learned.

A senior party source said that while Labour had opposed the plans for the oil field on cost and climate grounds, they would not revoke the development if they get into government because they did not want to cause uncertainty. That position may provoke criticism from figures on the Labour left who want the party to commit to a faster green transition.

Labour has previously said that if it wins the election, it would not grant new licences for oil and gas exploration.

The Liberal Democrats are not expected to make a comment on the licence, but a party source said that their position remains that Rosebank should not go ahead.

Sort of a win win for centrist Labour. All the benefits of that lovely oil, without having to grant the licence themselves.

13 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

In this very thread yesterday there was a discussion about female MPs and their attractiveness. From the usual moral crusaders too.

Many of whom were very angry at Russell Brand who began his career by saying such things and saying they were 'just a bit of fun'.

I had to go away from this place yesterday as seeing 'moral crusaders' showing themselves to be all too much like the stereotypical 'macho man' sickened me.

28 minutes ago, lost said:

There seems to be a prevailing mood on t'internet that the only thing women have to offer men is sex and equally the only thing men have to offer women is money.

I'm surprised that the very people who want to conserve what they see as our culture also appear to be trying to drive a wedge between men and women, effectively stopping them from reproducing.

Guys go for looks, girls go for status
There are so many nights where this is just how it happens
Guys go for looks, girls go for status

18 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Those in power have obviously given up and decided lets just go out in a ball of flames.

and yet I still hear so many people who care about climate change and say we need to change saying  a vote for the Greens is a wasted vote....................... well is seems a vote for red, blue or yellow is a vote to carry on regardless.