Worthy Farm CHEESE

GlastoEls

4 minutes ago, missnutmeg said:

Thanks, looks like I’ll have to stick to my original plan of volunteering 😂👍🏻

I’m sticking to my original plan of the resale ... 😞 and crossing fingers ... I’m amazed None of the winners have posted on social media though 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m sticking to my original plan of the resale ... 😞 and crossing fingers ... I’m amazed None of the winners have posted on social media though 

Yep. 

Or that no one on here struck lucky with the amount of cheddar consumed.

4 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Do you actually need to eat them? I know it is a waste just to throw away. Could they be given away, then buy more 🙂

Was going to say take them to a food bank, but they don't normally want refrigerated stuff do they? For obvious reasons!

Gutted no-one here won. Will try to get some more for the next one. Mid-month draw again I assume?

On the plus side I reckon a lot of people will forget and lose interest after the first month... 

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

On the plus side I reckon a lot of people will forget and lose interest after the first month... 

I'm sure people will forget sooner or later, but there may be a bit of residual carry over for another month or two.

I've said something along these lines earlier in the thread, but I still think the October window when 5 pairs are up for grabs is probably going to be the best "value for money".

I'm sure when the competition was structured, it was with the belief that the 2021 festival would go ahead, and so there'd be a ticket sale in October 2021 which would massively reignite interest. As that isn't happening anymore, those 5 pairs do stick out as being more chances on what's likely to be a reasonably quiet month.

Edited by incident

1 minute ago, incident said:

I'm sure people will forget sooner or later, but there may be a bit of residual carry over for another month or two.

I've said something along these lines earlier in the thread, but I still think the October window when 5 pairs are up for grabs is probably going to be the best "value for money".

I'm sure when the competition was structured, it was with the belief that the 2021 festival would go ahead, and so there'd be a ticket sale in October 2021 which would massively reignite interest. As that isn't happening anymore, those 5 pairs do stick out as being more chances on what's likely to be a reasonably quiet month.

True. I'll be attempting to do one a month I reckon, maybe with a few extra in October!

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Was going to say take them to a food bank, but they don't normally want refrigerated stuff do they? For obvious reasons!

Yea sadly, might be worth  should though

The rats and mice in @crazyfool1area are going to be in heaven for the next few months. I have visions of him walking around, shaking crumbs out the bottom of his trousers like the great escape

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

Yea sadly, might be worth  should though

The rats and mice in @crazyfool1area are going to be in heaven for the next few months. I have visions of him walking around, shaking crumbs out the bottom of his trousers like the great escape

You jest ... but we have seen an increase in the area ... I had to notify environmental health because the Chinese that backs on to my flat had a big problem ... maybe I should check walk a bit further next time with the cheese crumbs 🙂 

39 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Gutted no-one here won. Will try to get some more for the next one. Mid-month draw again I assume?

Food bank might not want them but if there's an organisation close by who are doing meal deliveries for vulnerable/shielding/elderly then they might take them. 

11 minutes ago, missnutmeg said:

Excuse my simple brain, but the codes I’ve already entered, are these now null and void (ie. won’t be entered into the subsequent draws), meaning I have to go out and buy more cheese to get new codes for the next draw, and so on... 🤔

Yep. That's my understanding of it. Monthly draws keep sales ongoing I imagine.