Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

47 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Tbf mate I don't think headliners make deep booking decisions

You mean like if Taylor headlined and they werent going to do the all female Pyramid line up for her? Sounds like the festival was gonna cater to the artists wishes. Would be amazing if they were before him. That would be an interesting crowd to win over for them.

31 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Lizzo and Paramore subbing would be a good look if we do end up getting all male headliners and legend. Feel both of those are really suited to sub, hardest slot to nail but they've got the tunes and show for it. 

Lizzo Paramore and Pulp would be a pretty impressive set of subs

34 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

You mean like if Taylor headlined and they werent going to do the all female Pyramid line up for her? Sounds like the festival was gonna cater to the artists wishes. Would be amazing if they were before him. That would be an interesting crowd to win over for them.

Was this a thing or are you just talking nonsense?

Edited by gfa

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Lizzo Paramore and Pulp would be a pretty impressive set of subs

Hardest slot to pull off but they've all got the chops for it. Can still see Lizzo being 3rd down mind. Could also see QOTSA subbing Arctics as opposed to headlining Other, Homme and Turner are best buds so they're definitely an act I can see them agreeing to play under. 

Just now, kingbadger said:

Hardest slot to pull off but they've all got the chops for it. Can still see Lizzo being 3rd down mind. Could also see QOTSA subbing Arctics as opposed to headlining Other, Homme and Turner are best buds so they're definitely an act I can see them agreeing to play under. 

Also wouldn't surprise me if Pulp was a surprise afternoon set on the period like Aerosmith was lined up to be. 

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

It was a thing. Probably buried somewhere in the depths of a locked thread though.

2 hours ago, Zacko said:

Seem to recall this too. 

Fair enough although taylor is definitely in the minority on this front

I know it will have been discussed on here already but I’ve been avoiding until after I bagged a ticket…. what do we reckon to Elton cancelling his gig on the weekend of Glasto? Think he cancelled the Sunday without giving a reason and is now free Tuesday before -> Tuesday after? Got to happen one day surely!

Edited by dazzledrops

5 minutes ago, dazzledrops said:

I know it will have been discussed on here already but I’ve been avoiding until after I bagged a ticket…. what do we reckon to Elton cancelling his gig on the weekend of Glasto? Think he cancelled the Sunday without giving a reason and is now free Tuesday before -> Tuesday after? Got to happen one day surely!

thats the thinking behind him doing glasto, not as solid as AM rumour but definitely up there

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

thats the thinking behind him doing glasto, not as solid as AM rumour but definitely up there

I think at this point, the only reason Elton wouldn't headline is that there is some disagreement or animosity betwixt him and the Eavii that none of us know about. He's been asked about it so many times. they've been asked about it. It's not like either of them are not aware of how momentous it would be. 

7 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I think at this point, the only reason Elton wouldn't headline is that there is some disagreement or animosity betwixt him and the Eavii that none of us know about. He's been asked about it so many times. they've been asked about it. It's not like either of them are not aware of how momentous it would be. 

There's been rumour that that animosity does indeed exist - posted on here a few months back.

5 hours ago, Olshansky said:

There is a part of me that thinks Lizzo is big enough to headline.  Another part of me thinks she's only at sub level.  what do y'all think?

No chance is she headlining

6 hours ago, Olshansky said:

There is a part of me that thinks Lizzo is big enough to headline.  Another part of me thinks she's only at sub level.  what do y'all think?

She could easily play 3rd down, 4th at a real stretch. Headliner right now is out of the question though, new album wasn't the absolute smash hit people expected. 

Lizzo subbing Elton is the dream.

• Upvote 1