2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Thanks. 2022's got its work cut out- but I guess the upside is that everyone's gonna want a piece of the action.

You're right about there being big demand for spots. Sorta feel that all bets are off with the lineup now.

On one hand, the return of acts who were either unsure or had 2021 blocked out regardless could bring the lineup closer to 2020 than what we were expecting for 2021. Swift, Del Rey, Gallagher, Carlsson, Cabello back in the mixer.

But it throws 'album tours' out the window. Acts are gonna be coming through with releases in late 2021 and early 2022 who will have punters hungry to hear their new tunes. More so than for acts who released stuff in 2019, 2020 and perhaps even early this year. I think a lot of festivals which eventually cancel will have to make decisions between honouring 2020 lineups and getting who people want for 2022.

Obviously the headliners for Glastonbury are fine to stick around but let's see how things go elsewhere.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Although I still think it was Mumfords, not knowing who this was still plays on my mind. 

The possibilities seemed pretty small too - unless it was someone very weird.

Will go down as a mystery we may never know the answer to.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

You're right about there being big demand for spots. Sorta feel that all bets are off with the lineup now.

On one hand, the return of acts who were either unsure or had 2021 blocked out regardless could bring the lineup closer to 2020 than what we were expecting for 2021. Swift, Del Rey, Gallagher, Carlsson, Cabello back in the mixer.

But it throws 'album tours' out the window. Acts are gonna be coming through with releases in late 2021 and early 2022 who will have punters hungry to hear their new tunes. More so than for acts who released stuff in 2019, 2020 and perhaps even early this year. I think a lot of festivals which eventually cancel will have to make decisions between honouring 2020 lineups and getting who people want for 2022.

Obviously the headliners for Glastonbury are fine to stick around but let's see how things go elsewhere.

Lens del Rey is quite a good example of one of the problems they face. In 2020 she would probably have had a fairly big billing but she's faced a fair amount of criticism back in the first half of last year. If the festival was in a normal cycle she might not get as big a billing as people would think.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Agree with this. My feeling is that the three headliners and Diana will be given first refusal on returning but the rest of the lineup will be rebuilt from scratch.

Obviously there will be some crossover from 2020 simply because a lot of those acts will be looking to tour again, but it won’t be a straight lift and shift.