2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She’s not. I can see it happening that she sits out 2022 to finish the re-recordings, but we will see.

One thing (and looping in @jparx on this). Taylor is the typical artist to announce her dates pretty early. She announced her June 2020 tour in September and she usually announces dates around an album release.

I hope she will drop some tour dates in November when the Red re-release drops to put her back in the mix. But I do agree, the silence on the touring front for Taylor is getting a bit worrying. Especially as she’s the type of person to announce her dates a year in advance. 

Aye - September was the Lover tour announcement (a number of weeks after the album release I recall). Still think there's time left for an announcement, could even be November time as you say. There seems a decent chance a single drops this Friday, so between then and November hopefully we hear something. @brettredmayne - has the bloke with the Stadium of Light info had any follow up?

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Give Wolf Alice the third headliner slot, I say!

I don't think they will, for what it's worth but a guitar-based or electronic act would give the trio some balance, if it is Billie and Elton

Excellent shout.  AM would be a bit .. meh.  Wolf Alice deserve a shot and would smash it. 

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah, if it's Billie and Reg then a more traditional "band" would seem likely for the third one.

Reg on Sunday for the locals surely?

Billie, Macca, Elton would be really strong and I think Elton would be a decent step in for Swift if she sits out 2022, but I don’t think we can count her out yet.

There are good rumours Macca is in Belgium the week before Glastonbury so I’m not really expecting Reg if that’s true. Macca and Elton in the same year is massive, and I know in 2009 means they’d try, but I think Macca and Elton are next level mainstream. Way more mainstream than Bruce and Neil. That’s two genuine marquee glasto acts in the same year which makes me doubt.

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Give Wolf Alice the third headliner slot, I say!

I don't think they will, for what it's worth but a guitar-based or electronic act would give the trio some balance, if it is Billie and Elton

I really do think they can make the step up but aye also don't think they will unfortunately. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

Billie, Macca, Elton would be really strong and I think Elton would be a decent step in for Swift if she sits out 2022, but I don’t think we can count her out yet.

There are good rumours Macca is in Belgium the week before Glastonbury so I’m not really expecting Reg if that’s true. Macca and Elton in the same year is massive, and I know in 2009 means they’d try, but I think Macca and Elton are next level mainstream. Way more mainstream than Bruce and Neil. That’s two genuine marquee glasto acts in the same year which makes me doubt.

Elton is retiring and Macca surely hasn’t got long left in him either, plus after two years of no festivals, if both wanted to do it then I can’t see anything stopping them.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

They won't overthink it. If Paul McCartney and Elton John are both available and willing to play they will book them both.

Just now, circus92 said:

Excellent shout.  AM would be a bit .. meh.  Wolf Alice deserve a shot and would smash it. 

Arctic Monkeys would be a huge booking but not one they necessarily need to make, with stellar bookings in Billie Eilish and Elton John apparently lined up. Pop megastar + living legend + up-and-coming-British-band-with-a-front-woman fits quite nicely. I think AM might have a couple of their own big shows next year and like someone above has said above, more likely 2023 looks a certainty for them on the farm