Football 2020/2021

zahidf

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

How on earth is that only a yellow. It may have been a shoulder but that was a deliberate attack on another player. Chelsea taking out Cities best player to secure the win

City weren't doing anything before De Bruyne went off and didn't do anything after. It's unfair that Chelsea gained an advantage over a foul, but that's football.

Watching the game I think City could have played all day and not scored, it was typical city fine when in front, but unable to find answers when behind.

Yet again a big selection error from Pep. They have the best team/squad in the world, not sure why he feels the need to do something unpredictable. However can't blame just the manager, the likes of De Bruyne, Foden, Mahrez, Sterling etc didn't turn up.

Chelsea were far from amazing, but well organized and everyone did their job well. To me Kante mom. I thought Chelsea deserved to win.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

To true. All that money to be crap.even pep can't polish the turd that's citeh.

Do one you utter cretin. We got beat off a better team in the night. It happens. Pep got it wrong, he fucked about again and Chelsea took full advantage.

• Upvote 2

Now the season is over, how did you get on with your predictions?

On 8/20/2020 at 11:22 AM, Gnomicide said:

Top 4: Man City (champs), Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd

Relegated: Fulham, West Brom, Palace

FA Cup: Arsenal

Whatever the other cup is called: Wolves

Champions League: PSG

Golden Boot: Werner

No too bad for me compared to my usual efforts, smashed it out the park with the Golden Boot prediction. 

13 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

City weren't doing anything before De Bruyne went off and didn't do anything after. It's unfair that Chelsea gained an advantage over a foul, but that's football

My main point was about the foul itself. Try something similar in Rugby or Ice Hockey and you will get sent off for it, why it was only a booking I have no idea but if breaking a players nose because you used excessive force in a tackle isn’t a red card offence I don’t know what is. 

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Champions of Europe 💙

2012 felt like a crazy series of lucky moments. But this time Chelsea were genuinely the most dominant and best team in the competition. Every knockout round they were comfortably the better side. 

I'm especially happy for Kante, who will surely go down as one of the greats.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rock the clock said:

2012 felt like a crazy series of lucky moments. But this time Chelsea were genuinely the most dominant and best team in the competition. Every knockout round they were comfortably the better side. 

I'm not sure Chelsea were comfortably the better team in the final. I think if it was a league game you would say a draw was the fair result. Probably went down to who scored first, City are just no good coming back from behind.

1 hour ago, rock the clock said:

One would argue you played one top quality side in the competition in Athletico.

That's the way it can go sometimes, I don't think there was great teams in the competition this season.