Jump to content

Victorious 2021


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, KBR1991 said:

Didn't jbarbour say apart from one headliner, the castle stage had changed. Kooks are same therefore potentially someone new.

I was just referring to the initial announcement and poster. I know some festivals are having issues with artist agents and managers about when and how they can announce acts. There are some sort of issues with agents every year delaying line ups so it could be the reason there are a few notable acts such as Nile and Johnny Marr missing from this line up, otherwise they just turned them down for returning to the 2021 line up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quite tempted by this. A lot of acts I wouldn't otherwise see, which makes it all the more appealing as far as I'm concerned! Does anyone know ow much the different accommodation options are usually? Not sure I'd want to lug the tent + gear on the train 3 weekends running!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JHad said:

Quite tempted by this. A lot of acts I wouldn't otherwise see, which makes it all the more appealing as far as I'm concerned! Does anyone know ow much the different accommodation options are usually? Not sure I'd want to lug the tent + gear on the train 3 weekends running!

Hotels in the area are expensive (we got in one for basically £100 a night and that was a steal).  Haven’t paid for ours yet so I too was waiting to see if the Uni accom comes up (did wonder if it wouldn’t this year for obvious reasons)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Hotels in the area are expensive (we got in one for basically £100 a night and that was a steal).  Haven’t paid for ours yet so I too was waiting to see if the Uni accom comes up (did wonder if it wouldn’t this year for obvious reasons)

I know that the travel lodges and such aren't too bad but I know they get fully booked up especially since the fest is during a bank holiday weekend.

 

 

4 minutes ago, JHad said:

Quite tempted by this. A lot of acts I wouldn't otherwise see, which makes it all the more appealing as far as I'm concerned! Does anyone know ow much the different accommodation options are usually? Not sure I'd want to lug the tent + gear on the train 3 weekends running!

I know trains to portsmouth aren't too much but for accommodation, your best bets are what i've just mentioned above, I think its roughly 30-40 a night depending which one you choose, thankfully portsmouth is a very easy place to get around

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

Hotels in the area are expensive (we got in one for basically £100 a night and that was a steal).  Haven’t paid for ours yet so I too was waiting to see if the Uni accom comes up (did wonder if it wouldn’t this year for obvious reasons)

you be lucky to get anything under 600 now,other than uni if doing or staying out side area.booked mine last year for 285,which looking now is a steal

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, JHad said:

Quite tempted by this. A lot of acts I wouldn't otherwise see, which makes it all the more appealing as far as I'm concerned! Does anyone know ow much the different accommodation options are usually? Not sure I'd want to lug the tent + gear on the train 3 weekends running!

Think it depends on whether the Uni is doing it or not this year. It’s a bit of a gamble to wait the way some festivals are selling.

If you are going on your own single rooms are a bit easier to find. Where the sites say contact hotel directly if you do they often have space.

I booked a single room for £50 a night today quite close to the festival site. Think it’s a fairly basic hotel but realistically all I’m going to do is kip there.

Edited by John L
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheers all! The festival isn't as cheap as first appears then, unless you're local.

Will have a think! Not sure if I'll be on my own or not, which is a problem I need to solve ASAP. There are very basic single AirBnB rooms in the £25-£30 range about a 40-50 walk away, which is all fine by me if I'm on my own. Otherwise camping / possibility of 'announced soon' Uni accommodation seems to be the way forward at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JHad said:

Cheers all! The festival isn't as cheap as first appears then, unless you're local.

Will have a think! Not sure if I'll be on my own or not, which is a problem I need to solve ASAP. There are very basic single AirBnB rooms in the £25-£30 range about a 40-50 walk away, which is all fine by me if I'm on my own. Otherwise camping / possibility of 'announced soon' Uni accommodation seems to be the way forward at this point.

We travel by car from just outside Sheffield. We camp, works out cheap to be fair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, JHad said:

Cheers all! The festival isn't as cheap as first appears then, unless you're local.

Will have a think! Not sure if I'll be on my own or not, which is a problem I need to solve ASAP. There are very basic single AirBnB rooms in the £25-£30 range about a 40-50 walk away, which is all fine by me if I'm on my own. Otherwise camping / possibility of 'announced soon' Uni accommodation seems to be the way forward at this point.

yep! even living on the island its relatively cheap to get too thanks to the hovercraft running discounts lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We carried over our tickets from last year & booked the Langston's premiere Inn (10 miles from Southsea) at the end of August last year all for £148.00 for 3 nights Fri,sat & sun nights. Won't get that at those prices now though.

Edited by lnitnab
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, lnitnab said:

We carried over our tickets from last year & booked the Langston's premiere Inn (10 miles from Southsea) at the end of August last year all for £148.00 for 3 nights Fri,sat & sun nights. Won't get that at those prices now though.

10 miles.thats a long stumble back lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So.... what we thinking of the order/stages of the acts announced?

Friday:


The Streets, Rag N Bone Man, Fratellis, Reef, The Lathums, Craig David

Richard Ashcroft, Blossoms, Morcheeba, 

Saturday:

Royal Blood, Supergrass, Fontaines DC

??, Miles Kane, Mel C, Glasvegas, 

(obviously I’ve missed out others).

That seem pretty accurate though?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, sisco said:

So.... what we thinking of the order/stages of the acts announced?

Friday:


The Streets, Rag N Bone Man, Fratellis, Reef, The Lathums, Craig David

Richard Ashcroft, Blossoms, Morcheeba, 

Saturday:

Royal Blood, Supergrass, Fontaines DC

??, Miles Kane, Mel C, Glasvegas, 

(obviously I’ve missed out others).

That seem pretty accurate though?  

thats spot on for me!

that sunday mainstage is just disgustingly good if it happens

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sisco said:

So.... what we thinking of the order/stages of the acts announced?

Friday:


The Streets, Rag N Bone Man, Fratellis, Reef, The Lathums, Craig David

Richard Ashcroft, Blossoms, Morcheeba, 

Saturday:

Royal Blood, Supergrass, Fontaines DC

??, Miles Kane, Mel C, Glasvegas, 

(obviously I’ve missed out others).

That seem pretty accurate though?  

I read that as Ashcroft Friday for a second. I'd have been sold if so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 3Dimensions said:

Just looked at the clash finder and there’s still loads of empty slots including some late ones. Fingers crossed Everything Everything make it onto the bill!

Agreed there still seems to be quite a bit to come.  Obviously we know there’s 2 very big positions to come on Sunday (Castle Header + Special Guest).

if we expect everyone who has been announced is playing the main 2 stages then we need another 7 acts for those stages on the Saturday and 9 for the Sunday.

Certainly some big ish acts to come. 

Edited by sisco
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, sisco said:

Agreed there still seems to be quite a bit to come.  Obviously we know there’s 2 very big positions to come on Sunday (Castle Header + Special Guest).

if we expect everyone who has been announced is playing the main 2 stages then we need another 7 acts for those stages on the Saturday and 9 for the Sunday.

Certainly some big ish acts to come. 

Definitely. Though the Saturday on the main stage looks a pretty strong line up for me already.

Can't remember from my last visit whether any other stages run on the Friday. Have a vague recollection of stuff going on in the beats and swing tent. I know most of the site is closed off 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, atomised said:

Definitely. Though the Saturday on the main stage looks a pretty strong line up for me already.

Can't remember from my last visit whether any other stages run on the Friday. Have a vague recollection of stuff going on in the beats and swing tent. I know most of the site is closed off 

Mainly the main stage on Friday and a couple of smaller ones.  Looks like the only ones to be added on the main stage there are 1st and 2nd on.  So nothing too exciting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...