What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

On 3/31/2023 at 6:45 AM, philipsteak said:

That's funny, I'd just come in to say how much I enjoyed it. Thought the new cast were great, some brilliant new tasks and Greg and Alex were on top form. Only downside for me is so early on it's clearly going to be between Mae and Kiell for champion. I've seen Ivo live and he is good, but there's a definite 'energy' about him. I've liked Mae before too, although their Netflix special isn't great though. 

You are right though, Kiell is looking like the best one this series. They should have a Ghosts cast member every series until they run out. The ones they've had so far have been ace. Although Lolly would've been on before she was in Ghosts.

I too have very much enjoyed the latest series and have as always enjoyed all 5 of the guests.  I've seen several things with Mae and always found her charming and seen several Ivo stand up sets which I thought were very funny - life would be very boring if we all found the same stuff funny. 

On 4/6/2023 at 4:44 PM, gary1979666 said:

I finished it last night - was decent, but not wow.  A bit contrived towards the end but ok.

We watched it all during the last week and enjoyed it.  Good action, plenty of twists in the plot and some decent characters

16 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Welp I can’t imagine I’ll be watching an episode of television that even comes close to being as good as the latest episode of Succession any time soon. Fuck me, give that show and all the lead actors all of the awards. Gonna be so sad when it’s finished for good in a couple of months. 

I'd just finished listening to Brian Cox on The Rest is Politics before watching it, too. Oof, what an episode.

20 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Welp I can’t imagine I’ll be watching an episode of television that even comes close to being as good as the latest episode of Succession any time soon. Fuck me, give that show and all the lead actors all of the awards. Gonna be so sad when it’s finished for good in a couple of months. 

That.Was.Intense... I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing for the whole hour. 

12 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Still enjoying it?

The latest episode is up there with some of the worst Star Wars content I’ve ever seen and I’ve watched the holiday special. 

The quality has dropped off big time and now it’s just Disney milking the cash cow. It should have been a one season series. It had the perfect way to end it and it’s been on a downhill trajectory since. 

Yea last one was not great I admit. I do see it for what it is, as was the first Season really. It's an easy watch though.

Watched Netflix Beef over the weekend. Really enjoyed it, great idea a wonderfully put together story arc

21 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Goddammit, might just have seen a clue to a spoiler. Won't say what here so I don't potentially spoil for others, but was just scrolling through some headlines. Not even TV headlines. Might not be what I think it is, but I think it is.

So the headline was an indirect spoiler, which annoying as it was I don't think detracted from what was, as pretty much everyone is saying, a bloody excellent hour of TV.

On 4/10/2023 at 10:30 PM, squirrelarmy said:

Still enjoying it?

The latest episode is up there with some of the worst Star Wars content I’ve ever seen and I’ve watched the holiday special. 

The quality has dropped off big time and now it’s just Disney milking the cash cow. It should have been a one season series. It had the perfect way to end it and it’s been on a downhill trajectory since. 

I'm still enjoying it. Episode 6 was shit though.

On 4/11/2023 at 11:00 AM, fred quimby said:

Yea last one was not great I admit. I do see it for what it is, as was the first Season really. It's an easy watch though.

Watched Netflix Beef over the weekend. Really enjoyed it, great idea a wonderfully put together story arc

I've been enjoying it still, including seeing American w*nkers throw their dollies out about episode 6. 

The core plot about the different stands of Mandalorians is great and that Nurse Ratched type - she's certainly villainous enough. 

Edited by clarkete

Good video on how the filming of Succession acts as an unseen character in the show. The way they do it is very difficult to pull off, and they don’t always succeed. There were a couple of fast zooms in the latest episode that pulled me out of it a bit, for example. But largely, they do an incredible job. 

Scared of the Dark on Channel 4 is a lot of fun. Similar to the fun parts of Celebrity Big Brother. Gazza has some mad stories. It's only on for 5 nights, so it's not much of a commitment compared to every other reality show.

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

Dropped out of the blue about half an hour ago…

Cautiously excited for this. I think the quality has been less consistent since moving to Netflix, or at least it seemed to be running out of ideas that weren’t just ‘technology bad’, but there have been some standouts and hopefully the couple of years it was away means it’ll be a good one this time around. 

Brooker is certainly saying the right things about this one, saying it’s doing things that go against the Black Mirror grain etc. Interesting casting as well. I still feel he should let other writers have a go - the Jesse Armstrong one is still one of the strongest!

On a slightly related anthology note, new Inside No. 9 tonight!