What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

7 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Same, I enjoyed it so much. 

At some point the Internet pointed me at an Instagram feed for Fern Brady, who really made me laugh and had some incredible outfits.  It turns out her feed is full of charming discussions where she mentions being autistic (which is why she dressed as an alien) and lots of people engage with her about their or their kids' condition and bless her she often has a little chat to them about it. 

If you've never seen her before, her stand up is amazing too. Saw her latest two tours (think she's still touring the latest one but don't know whether there'll be any tickets left what with the Taskmaster Effect) and they were amazing.

Just hope she comes to one of my local venues on her next tour. Happens quite a lot when someone takes that step up, they don't come back as all my local venues are quite small. Great for them, less so for me.

2 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

If you've never seen her before, her stand up is amazing too. Saw her latest two tours (think she's still touring the latest one but don't know whether there'll be any tickets left what with the Taskmaster Effect) and they were amazing.

Just hope she comes to one of my local venues on her next tour. Happens quite a lot when someone takes that step up, they don't come back as all my local venues are quite small. Great for them, less so for me.

I've seen her so it on the telly and always thought she was funny, but of course those slots are short, so was good to see her for longer on TM.  They do so well at getting great guests and ones that are an interesting mix of ages and personalities. 

In reference to Frankie Boyle I think he'll be brilliant as whilst he's caustic in his stand up and monologues, his interaction with guests on his own show is great, as it was on his travelogue too. 

22 hours ago, clarkete said:

Same, I enjoyed it so much. 

At some point the Internet pointed me at an Instagram feed for Fern Brady, who really made me laugh and had some incredible outfits.  It turns out her feed is full of charming discussions where she mentions being autistic (which is why she dressed as an alien) and lots of people engage with her about their or their kids' condition and bless her she often has a little chat to them about it. 

Same I am now a card carrying member of the Fern Bray fan club! One of the things I like so much about Taskmaster you are lured in by the more famous names but often it's the unknowns that work really well on it. Think I even got a like from Fern Brady for my reply to one of her tweets. 

• Like 1

Finished the White Lotus yesterday. I think I preferred the first season. The slow burn on the second one was good but I felt like it could have had one episode less in the first half. Wasn't that much in the storyline of the two rich couples.

We started watching Wednesday and because my partner never saw the 90s Addams movies, we watched one this week end. And all of a sudden Wednesday is just... hmmm... so humourless. It's just missing something.  I was wondering though if some of the 90s jokes would be "acceptable" these days. Maybe that's why. Yes that was two kids dropping an anvil on a baby, so what 😁?

On 11/29/2022 at 12:04 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

For connoisseurs of good comedy there’s going to be a feature length episode of The Detectorists on at Christmas😁

Boxing Day evening. 75 minute special, no series to follow.  Can’t wait to see what Andy and Becky have done to Tatterdown Cottage. Seems there a guest appearance by Glastonbury regular Professor Alice Roberts. 

17 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Boxing Day evening. 75 minute special, no series to follow.  Can’t wait to see what Andy and Becky have done to Tatterdown Cottage. Seems there a guest appearance by Glastonbury regular Professor Alice Roberts. 

Rewatching the series in preparation. 

2 1/2 series (and the Christmas special) in 3 days. Been a while since I'd last watched it. Forgot how much I loved it. 

Will probably finish it off after work tonight. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

Rewatching the series in preparation. 

2 1/2 series (and the Christmas special) in 3 days. Been a while since I'd last watched it. Forgot how much I loved it. 

Will probably finish it off after work tonight. 

Been through it all over the past month myself.  It’s been five years since the last full series.