guypjfreak

2 hours ago, bamber said:

Never been to Egypt, but my ex and her daughter went on a (day) trip to the Pyramids from Ayia Napa (Cyprus) when we were staying there during the height of the UK Garage craze at the turn of the century. Me and the daughter's boyfriend stayed in Ayia Napa, they were gone for like two days. Happy times. Best night clubs ever. 40C + temps.

group-of-girls-dancing-in-a-night-club-a

I guess it was wild back in the day. Probably still is. I've never been much of a club person, even in my youth. I much more preferred house parties. Still do - when not in covid times.

3 hours ago, Homer said:

I watched this when I got in drunk last night - Spice Girls presenting Britpop-era TOTP Xmas Day 1996.. Really enjoyed it. Calling @Wellybootwho I understand is officially in charge of 'being excited about Christmas'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21l-BJEso-E

I'm so glad you got my title correct 😂 19 days to go 🎄🎄

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think this Thread and Today is in actually need of some good news ... well done Kevin Sinfield 

1million plus raised for MND research ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/55215041

He’s a top guy. Met him a few times over the years and has a complete heart of gold. Completely gutted for Rob though. He’s got a very tough battle on his hands with an illness that unfortunately has no cure. Hopefully this funding will help the cause. 

Had a friend come round.  Seen him 3 times in the period between lockdowns and it feels like forever since I last saw him, all too brief, but nice and made me long for having a few people round and just drinking, smoking and laughing about nonsense with no care about what tomorrow might bring.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Had a friend come round.  Seen him 3 times in the period between lockdowns and it feels like forever since I last saw him, all too brief, but nice and made me long for having a few people round and just drinking, smoking and laughing about nonsense with no care about what tomorrow might bring.

Amen, brother.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Thanks! Not a wedding anniversary but the anniversary of the date we first met, when we were sweet sixteen! 

Congratulations to you both. That's some innings. And still going on too. I wish you many, many more of those anniversaries. The thing is, I know what it takes to make all those anniversaries joyous ones. It takes love. Glad you've both got it. It's a precious thing. 

• Upvote 1