guypjfreak

I’ve learnt (from a person in charge) an NHS Trust area plans to start to vaccinate 7,400 healthcare staff from the 7th December subject to regulatory approval of the Pfizer vaccine. The Army, Easy Jet staff, etc will be helping in one huge single site location. Presumably other areas will have similar plans. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’ve learnt (from a person in charge) an NHS Trust area plans to start to vaccinate 7,400 healthcare staff from the 7th December subject to regulatory approval of the Pfizer vaccine. The Army, Easy Jet staff, etc will be helping in one huge single site location. Presumably other areas will have similar plans. 

For a minute then I thought you were saying Easy Jet staff were amongst the first to be vaccinated lol

4 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I have no specific knowledge of the location, but know that they were recruiting for some big covid related 'thing' in Liverpool today. One of my neighbours went there earlier for an interview. He was already working in the covid field anyway, but this gathering of people in Liverpool is paying more. Just a thought that the two might be connected?

41 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have no specific knowledge of the location, but know that they were recruiting for some big covid related 'thing' in Liverpool today. One of my neighbours went there earlier for an interview. He was already working in the covid field anyway, but this gathering of people in Liverpool is paying more. Just a thought that the two might be connected?

May well be same process. The info I gained was a specific Southern NHS area. 

30 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

What a gorgeous view. I know i say this all the time, but you really do take the most beautiful photos 😍

Ta, and as I always say, it’s the beauty of the subject of the photo not any great skill of the photographer. !  We are so lucky that a three quid ferry trip can take us across to the island. 

53 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Nice day yesterday so we got on the ferry over to Cumbrae and did a 12 mile walk round the island.  Beautiful and peaceful. 

3528B8A8-A6A7-4DD2-9B93-6B4B763A4E9D.thumb.jpeg.9a12f6e8a1256ea3acbcdcd9f8c5dc70.jpeg

I'm well jel, man. It would be fair to say that I almost salivate with the notion of visiting some parts of your manor. I've only relatively recently heard about the North Coast 500. Now that I want to see / do / experience. 

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Warning Not for those that are squeamish !! It’s pretty shocking ... he’s ok ... possible broken rib and some burns 

Crazy.. Glad he was safe... Mind you cycling ie the grand tours are more dangerous.. 

My good news today is I caught a jack pike with a silly duck lure.. My son in law bet me 90 that it wouldn't catch.. That's an excellent duck lol

Edited by guypjfreak

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Is it all council, or are there private new build's too? 

As far as im aware its all council ... its recently been redeveloped though ... I saw the sunrise whilst at work and thought Id get a photo ... it doesnt quite do it justice though ... think I was a few mins too late 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

As far as im aware its all council ... its recently been redeveloped though ... I saw the sunrise whilst at work and thought Id get a photo ... it doesnt quite do it justice though ... think I was a few mins too late 

I only ask because I'm not aware of too many council's doing new build. What I believe happens more nowadays is that private developers developing private large scale estate type developments, are forced by law to include the provision of social housing too (normally to councils, I think). These aren't the actual figures and are for 'interpretation' only - say a developer wants to build 200 new houses. When they apply to the council for permission that also have to state that they'll give 30 of those houses over to the council for their sole use for council tenants, if permission is granted to them.

This happens all over the country. However, the original idea was that all new developments would be of a mixed tenure, so that there was more of a homogenous community. However, the developers got around this (partially) by building those houses to a lesser specification. So, when you look at a new build estate, you'll notice that there will be a patch of new build properties that are obviously of inferior design and build to the other 'posh' ones. In effect, this means that the social tenants properties stand out like a sore thumb, compared to the privately bought homes. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Looking at the weather forecast I might get some seasonal snowy vistas later in the week!