guypjfreak

18 minutes ago, Waterdeep said:

'The vessel, named Louise Michel after a French feminist anarchist, set off in secrecy on 18 August from the Spanish seaport of Burriana, near Valencia, and is now in the central Mediterranean where on Thursday it rescued 89 people in distress, including 14 women and four children.'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/27/banksy-funds-refugee-rescue-boat-operating-in-mediterranean

That's lovely ❤

I have some good news - kind of. There are only two buttons that are part of me that you shouldn't ever press. The first is to try to  bully me, and the second is to attempt to blackmail me. An almost unbelievable situation occurred yesterday afternoon, whereby somebody completely unknown to me came up to me while I was sat in my car in a car park near my house and pressed both buttons. This is a situation that I have never experienced before, and rendered me unable to think as rationally as I would do under normal circumstances. You will most probably consider what follows to be an exaggerated rendition of events. I truly wish that it were. To cut a long story short you first and foremost need to understand that I am, and have always been, a pacifist. However, last night I went to a place where I have never been before. Now, this bits going to shock the living daylights out of you, I reckon. The thing is, my wife, and soul partner, had to spend many hours with me comforting me and gently guiding me onto a path that led to a return to my true self. So, where was it that she led me away from? It is with some considerable trepidation that I can inform you that she led me away from the path that would result in me, quite rightly, being classed as a murderer. It'll sound a bit dramatic to you, no doubt, but believe me I 'went there'. 

The thing is, I wasn't angry, furious etc, I was simply intent on eradicating this persons existence on this planet. Seeing as I'm being brutally honest, you should know that I have only ever allowed one person to bully me in my life. It's possibly odd, and definitely unfortunate, but that person happens to be my own father. It would be fair to say that his reign of terror throughout my life was both constant and monumental. I'm no psychiatrist but I heavily suspect that my intentions towards yesterday's bully was probably somehow connected to my dad, but don't know.

Anyway, it's over now, and I'm the 'me' that I am happy and comfortable with. The 'me' that I never ever want to lose like that again. So, I guess that that is my good bit of news.

9 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have some good news - kind of. There are only two buttons that are part of me that you shouldn't ever press. The first is to try to  bully me, and the second is to attempt to blackmail me. An almost unbelievable situation occurred yesterday afternoon, whereby somebody completely unknown to me came up to me while I was sat in my car in a car park near my house and pressed both buttons. This is a situation that I have never experienced before, and rendered me unable to think as rationally as I would do under normal circumstances. You will most probably consider what follows to be an exaggerated rendition of events. I truly wish that it were. To cut a long story short you first and foremost need to understand that I am, and have always been, a pacifist. However, last night I went to a place where I have never been before. Now, this bits going to shock the living daylights out of you, I reckon. The thing is, my wife, and soul partner, had to spend many hours with me comforting me and gently guiding me onto a path that led to a return to my true self. So, where was it that she led me away from? It is with some considerable trepidation that I can inform you that she led me away from the path that would result in me, quite rightly, being classed as a murderer. It'll sound a bit dramatic to you, no doubt, but believe me I 'went there'. 

The thing is, I wasn't angry, furious etc, I was simply intent on eradicating this persons existence on this planet. Seeing as I'm being brutally honest, you should know that I have only ever allowed one person to bully me in my life. It's possibly odd, and definitely unfortunate, but that person happens to be my own father. It would be fair to say that his reign of terror throughout my life was both constant and monumental. I'm no psychiatrist but I heavily suspect that my intentions towards yesterday's bully was probably somehow connected to my dad, but don't know.

Anyway, it's over now, and I'm the 'me' that I am happy and comfortable with. The 'me' that I never ever want to lose like that again. So, I guess that that is my good bit of news.

It's better to be pacifist than a bully... I'd consider myself easily annoyed but I try not to be annoying.. And fail sometimes.... 

I'm glad your feeling yourself again old son.. 

I had the best hospital appointment ever.. I got up 9.15 phone goes yak yak yak MRI in a few weeks... Its the future.. 

Edited by guypjfreak

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh wow. I'm sorry you were in a situation that made you feel that way. But very happy and relieved you're back to your usual happy self again, and that your lovely wife was there for you. 

Lots of love to you both Mr & Mrs Yog 😊

9 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

crumbs yog .... all the best .... glad things took a turn for the better ... 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Sometimes it’s hard to turn the other cheek, stay in control and properly manage a situation when things like this happen when you least expect it.  Glad things worked out for you. I can imagine you spent quite a few hours after the incident trying to come to terms with what happened. 

Hello all,

Thanks ever so much for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated. Not only that but they have helped me to rebuild and reinforce my foundations of decency. I know that I'm out of the danger zone now, but naturally enough, I'm still quite shaken. I guess that it's like any shock to the system, in that it'll take a bit of time to get over. In addition to all that it's a beneficial learning curve, I'd say. I would certainly hope so, as I never want to tread that path again. Cheers folks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

how adorable! Little bambis!

18 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I saw more deer during lock down than I think I've seen in total previously.  Quite a few red squirrels to

Must admit this summer there seems to be more wildlife in evidence, not only animals but raptors and sadly bloody big horseflys! Possibly because I’ve spent more time in the hills and countryside instead of at festivals! Hopefully back to normal next summer! 

Tour de france starts today

Only thing I feel good about.. Had a dream about glastonbury where everyone including my wife with me fucked off on Fri night got w*nkered and left on sat.... Was left on me tod in the rain... 

It was only that the wife had gone but fucking kicked off a panic attack at 7.30 this morning which is still banging away in my chest now.. Crazy ah

Enjoy your weekend everyone 

Ok, after yesterday we need some good news. 

I'm going on my holidays today to Whitby for a few nights. Hoping to win lots of prizes, after our last trip to the seaside when we didn't even win one teddy.. very unsuccessful trip, hoping to put that behind us today 😂

8 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I'm going on my holidays today to Whitby for a few nights. Hoping to win lots of prizes, after our last trip to the seaside when we didn't even win one teddy.. very unsuccessful trip, hoping to put that behind us today 😂

as long as you dont return home with a seagull with a limp :) 

31 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Wooo, have fun! I used to live there 🙌

14 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Whose given you permission to enter Yorkshire? Don’t be bringing that rain with you. 

I go where I want 😜

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Wooo, have fun! I used to live there 🙌

Really??? No way!! I've never been before but heard its lovely so am very excited!

On 8/27/2020 at 8:03 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Be cool fella... "what doesnt kill you, makes you stronger.."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

Love Whitby, walkup to the Abbey, wandering around shops etc also nice places around it, Sandsend village has a great walk along the Cleveland way, Robins Hood bay, north York’s moors  also nice to visit.  Fish and chips over rated but that’s because as Scots we were reared on haddock not cod!😉