When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You should have gone to Paris instead, the response to non-mask wearing there is right up your street,

The Cartels of Columbia have taken it a step further. They will literally gun you down in the street if you’re not wearing a mask. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

The Cartels of Columbia have taken it a step further. They will literally gun you down in the street if you’re not wearing a mask. 

Lockdowns and people dying from Covid are bad for business, clearly

27 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Excess deaths have gone positive for the first time since mid-June, although experts are saying that the heatwave rather than the pandemic caused this.

10,500 people died in the UK in the week upto 14 August, roughly 250 above average. Of those 10,500 around 150 mentioned COVID-19 on the death certificate 

Excess deaths will start to increase due to mental health and cancer patients not being checked as well though. 

The results of this will be interesting - GERMANY HOLDS CROWDED CONCERTS TO ASSESS COVID RISK

Germany has allowed three music events to be held on the same day to study the transmission risks posed by mass inside events during the pandemic.

Scientists from Halle University carried out the experiment, named Restart-19, with 1500 healthy volunteers aged between 18 and 50.

Each of Saturday's gigs, all performed by German singer-songwriter Tim Bendzko, was set up slightly differently. The first had no safety measures in place. The second involved greater hygiene and some social distancing, while the third involved half the number of participants and each person stood 1.5 metres apart.

All audience members were tested for COVID-19 before taking part, and were provided with face masks and tracking devices to measure their distancing. Fluorescent disinfectants were also used to monitor the most common touch points.

The study came after Germany recently recorded its highest number of new coronavirus cases since the end of April. According to reports, more than 2000 cases were recorded in 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases to more than 232,000. The country's death toll remains below 10,000.

The findings from the study are due to be published in the autumn.

Edited by Losing my hair
Link not working

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

ongoing health conditions .... really ?!! maybe he does have them but laziness might also be a factor .... he will go just after brexit with the fanfare he got it done ... 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

ongoing health conditions .... really ?!! maybe he does have them but laziness might also be a factor .... he will go just after brexit with the fanfare he got it done ... 

And excessive drinking doesn’t help. 

Another contributing factor is all that time he spent hiding in a fridge. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I mean it’s probable he has got health conditions after covid, it can cause havoc with the body especially someone who was overweight too.

There is talk that some Tory MPs are starting to become unhappy with his leadership so this could be a timely placed story to placate that growing unrest.

Either way he won’t be PM by the next election. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I mean it’s probable he has got health conditions after covid, it can cause havoc with the body especially someone who was overweight too.

There is talk that some Tory MPs are starting to become unhappy with his leadership so this could be a timely placed story to placate that growing unrest.

Either way he won’t be PM by the next election. 

he was ok to stay in a tent and go walking with the new child in a sling .... or did that not happen ? :) 

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

You should have gone to Paris instead, the response to non-mask wearing there is right up your street,

Excuse me for asking but why when it has been ' requested' that everyone where masks inside shops and on public transport are the younger generation not bothered? I realise that indifferent and confusing messaging from the government dosen't help, and this is especially prevalent in the BAME community where their older population are wearing masks and where there are transmitions from younger to older generations in the home. Also should i really be wearing a mask when 90% of the people serving me in stores donl' wear masks? This confuses me the most.

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It may be August when reporters need something to write about...but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some truth to this. Even without having the virus I'm not sure Johnson was up to the job, and it does look like Sunak is being nicely set up to take over.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

It may be August when reporters need something to write about...but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some truth to this. Even without having the virus I'm not sure Johnson was up to the job, and it does look like Sunak is being nicely set up to take over.

Don’t discount Slimy Gove (Cummings’ man).

2 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Excuse me for asking but why when it has been ' requested' that everyone where masks inside shops and on public transport are the younger generation not bothered? I realise that indifferent and confusing messaging from the government dosen't help, and this is especially prevalent in the BAME community where their older population are wearing masks and where there are transmitions from younger to older generations in the home. Also should i really be wearing a mask when 90% of the people serving me in stores donl' wear masks? This confuses me the most.

not sure why you're asking us?

Maybe because young people are all bastards?

5 minutes ago, ghandi said:

No idea .. it’s confusing to me ... hoping for another government about turn on it ... 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

yeah...maybe...I just don't think he would be a popular choice like Sunak.

Gove is totally unelectable. Not that he'll be winning any election mind. But come next time around when Boris has had his chips ( if not before) they'll need a candidate that can have a broader appeal, i think Sunak is their only hope now.

2 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Gove is totally unelectable. Not that he'll be winning any election mind. But come next time around when Boris has had his chips ( if not before) they'll need a candidate that can have a broader appeal, i think Sunak is their only hope now.

if Sunak is going to get the top job he needs to do it soon before the shine starts to come off.

11 minutes ago, ghandi said:

I guess it's a mixture of those that don't think they are at risk and so can't be bothered and those that understand that masks have almost no effect in reducing the spread of covid.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

that's going to go down well.

Not expecting anything else but downvotes TBH! However, to clarify I did so "almost" no effect, if you cough or sneeze while wearing the mask it will reduce the velocity and spread of the particles, having said that if you are coughing and sneezing you shouldn't be out in public anyway in the present circumstances.

Edited by gizmoman
spelling

23 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Yes you should. We should all do what we can. Doing a full shift in a mask is a big ask. Sticking one on when you enter a shop for 20 mins is not.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Just now, gizmoman said:

No expecting anything else but downvotes TBH! However, to clarify I did so "almost" no effect, if you cough or sneeze while wearing the mask it will reduce the velocity and spread of the particles, having said that if you are coughing and sneezing you shouldn't be out in public anyway in the present circumstances.

interesting to look at .... just wondering why the scientific advice is different ? all around the world and from the WHO ?