When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

54 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

And that was in March and then as more evidence appeared on asymptomatic transmission so the advice changed. Why are you finding this so difficult to comprehend? 

Edit - apologies, I've now seen your later comments. I should have read to the end of the thread. 

but...they knew about the asymptomatic thing back in March...etc

39 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well I am now very very concerned trump is about to walk this election.

Did you see the coverage of the RNC? Trumps approach now is just to start a race war and scare white America into voting for him.

Trumps campaign is now officially - Joe Biden is a BLM supporter who is going to burn your neighbourhood, bring in mandatory vaccines, enforce political correctness, and sympathise with China.

The sad part is that this will work in spades. Trump is playing dirty and he knows how to get his votes. Scare your grandma approach.

There is a chance that Trump loses the popular vote by even more than last time, but wins the presidency.

At the moment I think he's fucked...but still a few months to go.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

There is a chance that Trump loses the popular vote by even more than last time, but wins the presidency

Covid could wipe out half the population of the Southern states but the remaining half would still support Trump 🤦‍♂️

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

There is a chance that Trump loses the popular vote by even more than last time, but wins the presidency.

At the moment I think he's fucked...but still a few months to go.

Fivethirtyeight have him at about 30% chance if winning. Which coincidentally is exactly what they had on the eve of election last time.

The RNC should be terrifying to anyone with an iota of critical thinking skills. It's literally straight up propaganda, chock full of lies, misrepresentation and deceit. How an impeached president can run on this kind of ticket is beyond me. America is fucked.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Polls are wrong. Polls don’t interview the scared grannies watching Fox News with wall to wall coverage of anti-democrat media

Matt we’ve been here before. The polls were not wrong last time. They’re showing a much bigger margin than last time, albeit further out.  

29 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The RNC should be terrifying to anyone with an iota of critical thinking skills. It's literally straight up propaganda, chock full of lies, misrepresentation and deceit. How an impeached president can run on this kind of ticket is beyond me. America is fucked.

Wait til you see what it’s like if he actually wins and doesn’t need to worry about re-election! He has little or no loyalty to the GOP, so the training wheels will be off...

2 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

And that was in March and then as more evidence appeared on asymptomatic transmission so the advice changed. Why are you finding this so difficult to comprehend? 

Edit - apologies, I've now seen your later comments. I should have read to the end of the thread. 

I recall that we were also told that test track and trace was "for poorer countries". I'd love to know what was going on - hopefully more than just english exceptionalism/casual racism against other cultures at work....