When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Zero deaths klaxon!

First time since the start of the pandemic I think.

Granted, it was a bank holiday yesterday, but still great news.

EDIT: Apparently it happened on 30th July too

Edited by northernringo

4 minutes ago, northernringo said:

First time since the start of the pandemic I think.

Granted, it was a bank holiday yesterday, but still great news.

EDIT: Apparently it happened on 30th July too

Another couple of these and its good news for 21st June... fingers crossed.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Please can you stick to the script, we do love a bit of pagelhate on here. It is all her fault after all.

How many times can you keep repeating this just to try get some attention?

No one has ever said it's her fault, they're just slating some of her more whacky views

14 minutes ago, st dan said:

Scientists don’t have to take all the other factors into their decision making and advice though, that’s a key thing. If ONLY Covid mattered then yeah we’d all stay in lockdown until we were all vaccinated - but that’s obviously not possible. She isn’t thinking of the financial and mental health implications to millions of just pushing back and pushing back, and nor should she be expected to. And let’s me honest, it doesn’t take a genius to realise that if you don’t come into contact with many people then the chance of contracting the virus reduces significantly. 

But unfortunately the Government do have to consider all angles to this, so they can’t just take her advice without severe repercussions - just as they can’t take advice from a purely business and financial point of view either. 

Sums it up well I think. Doesn't take a genius to work out that lockdown forever will reduce deaths. It is the cost that brings though and trying to balance risk as a society. Literally no one bats an eyelid when every winter thousands die from flu. Vaccine will hopefully make covid the same.

Report from the hospital my wife works at in the North West, 2 Covid patients admitted last week (the first ones in over a month):

One is 39 and was vaccinated 6 days before she admitted (so vaccine didn’t have time to take effect). 
The other patient is in their early 60s, but hasn’t had their vaccination. 

4 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Just England. More of an accountancy point anyway, it’s not as if no-one died yesterday, and the numbers will likely be higher tomorrow to reflect that.

Have we had any dates when no one has actually died? 

12 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Just England. More of an accountancy point anyway, it’s not as if no-one died yesterday, and the numbers will likely be higher tomorrow to reflect that.

This is an important point to remember, the numbers will possibly be higher over the next day or so due to bank holiday catch up. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

a lot will depend on hospitalisation rate in a few weeks time....if not increasing by much, then we're definitely good.

Yeah agreed. Considering this Variant kicked off a couple of weeks ago we should know the effect its having by next week. Data looks flat at the moment, and still lower than models predicted just due to reopening I believe. 

4 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

No. Discounting the last week as I’m sure they’ll get uplifted retrospectively, 3 is the the lowest we’ve had in a day since the the start of the pandemic.

If I recall I think there was a day or two last summer in July. With no vaccine may I add.. make of that what you will.

Without looking to rain on the parade, I feel cases over the next day or so might be up on what they have been after the bank holiday has filtered through. Something to bare in mind so if they do rise tomorrow then it’s not as shocking. 

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Was watching that … they just bizzarely moved the copa America  from Argentina … to Brazil because of safety concerns over covid in the host country but they had lower numbers of cases .. 

Edited by crazyfool1

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Was watching that … they just bizzarely moved the copa America  from Argentina … to Brazil because of safety concerns over covid in the host country but they had lower numbers of cases .. 

Yeah, and suddenly Peru is up there as having the worst death rate...these places need vaccines...

Just now, steviewevie said:

Yeah, and suddenly Peru is up there as having the worst death rate...these places need vaccines...

South Africa looks also set for another surge 😪 feel so sorry for these people with no end in sight in the short term