When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I think it's fine to be sceptical about the safety of these vaccines considering how quickly they've been produced.

Of course it is when it's based on facts (or even lack of facts) - but it's a problem is that too often bullshit and scare stories get mixed in.

I remember that a few days after the first trial of the Oxford vaccine started, some arsewpe on Twitter or wherever started falsely claiming that the first recipient had died and it got a repeated loads before a correction was put out. There's probably people out there that still believe it happened and will base their decisions on that.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah, public need reassuring somehow....although I'm sure most will take it in the end.

I bet most of the anti-vaxxers will end up secretly taking it even, when they remember that people have died from it or put on ventilators.

For all their mouthyness, in my experience these sorts of people are cowards at heart and certainly don't have a problem with hypocrisy.

Edited by xxialac

4 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Bugger. Really? 

I live just down the road from you - Rustington, work in Arundel and used to work/live in Worthing.

Yeah that’s from The Guardian.

Small world hey. I think Worthing itself has low numbers but in general it’s not good to hear we are the highest!

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

They're going to have to rename that surely!

Just Googled it to stick the date in my diary and they appear to be sticking with 2020! It's prob cos they still want to market it as the 60th anniversary (it's why they are hosting it all over Europe this time - they really timed that well!).

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Just Googled it to stick the date in my diary and they appear to be sticking with 2020! It's prob cos they still want to market it as the 60th anniversary (it's why they are hosting it all over Europe this time - they really timed that well!).

I've heard it's also that all the branding has been sorted (all the memorabilia/tat as well no doubt) so don't want to sort all of that again.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Primavera Sound announced their 20th anniversary for this year with the strapline "2020 Vision".

Turns out they didn't have any!  

34 minutes ago, incident said:

50% capacity indoors prior to a vaccine is mental surely?

Though admittedly I can't think of anything it applies to other than Basketball (Hockey decided to skip the season) so it'll be fairly tiny numbers overall.

Darts? That’s coming up next month.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Darts? That’s coming up next month.

I got free tickets to Ally Pally a few years ago so went along to see what all the hype is about. Slowly dawned on me that it really is just a load of people sitting around watching two men playing darts.