Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • steviewevie

    4759

  • Ozanne

    3443

  • crazyfool1

    3422

  • zahidf

    2210

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

I can’t get the following thought out of my head and it’s making the old bottom lip wobble: Wednesday evening at the 2021 festival, the sun has been out all day but temperature not stifling, perf

Howdy folks...sorry I'm late to the party! Was in a meeting and could see notifications coming up! So, looks very promising indeed. The vaccinated group not only didn't develop severe disease, bu

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

So she travelled from Scotland to London while awaiting a test result and then travelled home by train after testing positive?

 

 

Thats a by-election worthy offence. 

Travelling down is bad enough, going back up is sackable imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, august1 said:

Travelling down is bad enough, going back up is sackable imo.

The precedents been set though hasn't it, if Boris didn't sack DC in May then why should the SNP withdraw the Whip now? That's one of the dangerous aspects of the DC issue, no repercussions were felt so why should others feel them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Funnily enough whilst I might seem more on the down side of this pandemic at the moment (I’m not just think the numbers aren’t as good as others) I’m overwhelming positive about the prospects of the Glastonbury 2021 (and was about this year but let’s ignore that 😂).

I just can't see enough of a change in 9 months to go from groups of six to Glastonbury being allowed. 

Even if it does how much of it will be the event we all love? 

I've not got a ticket anyway....:-(

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The precedents been set though hasn't it, if Boris didn't sack DC in May then why should the SNP withdraw the Whip now? That's one of the dangerous aspects of the DC issue, no repercussions were felt so why should others feel them.

I‘m no fan of Cummings and think he should have gone, but this MP actually tested positive which makes it even worse 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The precedents been set though hasn't it, if Boris didn't sack DC in May then why should the SNP withdraw the Whip now? That's one of the dangerous aspects of the DC issue, no repercussions were felt so why should others feel them.

Cummings didn't get tested did he? She did and no doubt told to isolate when tested and after being positive. Also he drove in his own car and not on public transport. Not remotely similar.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I just can't see enough of a change in 9 months to go from groups of six to Glastonbury being allowed. 

Even if it does how much of it will be the event we all love? 

I've not got a ticket anyway....:-(

I do have a ticket so maybe that's why I feel this way. Wishful thinking? lol.

I just think that in the 6 months alone testing has been vastly improved and we have 2 treatments. Give it another 6 months we'll have gone through the Winter, will have even more testing capacity and likely quick testing results too. A vaccine or more treatments even that can be given to higher risk people. Plus will there be an appetite in Government and the country for restrictions on events next summer, I'm not so sure there would be.

Therefore I would there's a good chance the festival goes ahead if you can prove before you are COVID free, log it via the NHS app and your registration. It's not 100% full proof but nothing is.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I just can't see enough of a change in 9 months to go from groups of six to Glastonbury being allowed. 

Even if it does how much of it will be the event we all love? 

I've not got a ticket anyway....:-(

Me neither, especially given nobody seems to be talking about starting to roll out a vaccine in the next couple of months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The precedents been set though hasn't it, if Boris didn't sack DC in May then why should the SNP withdraw the Whip now? That's one of the dangerous aspects of the DC issue, no repercussions were felt so why should others feel them.

But the snp can set a reverse precedent here ... look what we have done ... tories should have done the same ... a strong reaction can be used to advantage her really abhorrent behaviour ... starmer should have done the same with corbyn ... they all need strong action against 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, august1 said:

Cummings didn't get tested did he? She did and no doubt told to isolate when tested and after being positive. Also he drove in his own car and not on public transport. Not remotely similar.

Tbh I can't remember the exact details of the Cummins story, but I think he got tested then drove up to Durham? He then drove his car whilst ill with his kids in to test he could drive. You are right they aren't similar but equally bad. I think she should probably step down for this, as I think Cumming's should have gone too. I also mean the precedents been set for no action for breach of COVID rules. Besides an MP can't be sacked anyway, they can have the whip withdrawn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ozanne said:

Tbh I can't remember the exact details of the Cummins story, but I think he got tested then drove up to Durham? He then drove his car whilst ill with his kids in to test he could drive. You are right they aren't similar but equally bad. I think she should probably step down for this, as I think Cumming's should have gone too. I also mean the precedents been set for no action for breach of COVID rules. Besides an MP can't be sacked anyway, they can have the whip withdrawn.

Cummings wasn’t tested as he became ill when testing wasn’t widely available (even Chris Whitty wasn’t able to get a test during that outbreak and had to isolate at home. Only Boris and Hancock were actually tested)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

But the snp can set a reverse precedent here ... look what we have done ... tories should have done the same ... a strong reaction can be used to advantage her really abhorrent behaviour ... starmer should have done the same with corbyn ... they all need strong action against 

Yeah very good point they could do, I'm guessing they hope this goes under the radar and is lost behind bigger news stories. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, august1 said:

Cummings didn't get tested did he? She did and no doubt told to isolate when tested and after being positive. Also he drove in his own car and not on public transport. Not remotely similar.

yeah, but he's an evil twat and she's just a silly SNP thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

if they fined any of the 3 notable offenses from the last 24 hours hen that could set a great example for the rest of the country. 

If they leave this unchecked, compliance will be lower than ever surely, especially in a growing trend of "one rule for them" circumstances. 

Strong leader ship means making tough but fair calls, at least fine these people 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Cummings wasn’t tested as he became ill when testing wasn’t widely available (even Chris Whitty wasn’t able to get a test during that outbreak and had to isolate at home. Only Boris and Hancock were actually tested)

Yes that's it. He just had the symptoms “Dom couldn’t get out of bed. Day in, day out for 10 days he lay doggo with a high fever and spasms."

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

if they fined any of the 3 notable offenses from the last 24 hours hen that could set a great example for the rest of the country. 

If they leave this unchecked, compliance will be lower than ever surely, especially in a growing trend of "one rule for them" circumstances. 

Strong leader ship means making tough but fair calls, at least fine these people 

Police have already said they are not fining Stanley, not sure about Corbin but I reckon the SNP MP Margaret will resign for sure

Wonder how good a social distancing, mask wearing and hand washing she was??

As you have the potential outbreak in parliament and the train journey!! Given she would be at the most infectious at the time :(

nobody is gonna follow the rules with shit like this happening

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Police have already said they are not fining Stanley, not sure about Corbin but I reckon the SNP MP Margaret will resign for sure

Wonder how good a social distancing, mask wearing and hand washing she was??

As you have the potential outbreak in parliament and the train journey!! Given she would be at the most infectious at the time :(

nobody is gonna follow the rules with shit like this happening

The mayor of London said about Stanley on lbc this morning that he thinks that they should focus on fining repeat offenders. Disregarding the fact that Stanley Johnson has flouted the covid-19 rules multiple times and then the added fact, only repeat offenders getting fined is counter productive to me, all it is takes is flouting the rules once to cause major harm

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...