When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

One month delay. Possible two week break clause and exemption for weddings. 

Do we know if we'll be reverting a step? People have things booked up such as euro games at Wembley (not me personally), just wondering if this is going to be stripped back again

4 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

That’s just not true is it? 

List the things we could do on June 22nd 2020 that we can’t do on June 22nd 2021. 

We didn't have to wear masks when entering pubs/going to the toilet. Many places had queuing systems where you could go and order your drink. 

2 minutes ago, Galactus said:

Do we know if we'll be reverting a step? People have things booked up such as euro games at Wembley (not me personally), just wondering if this is going to be stripped back again

There aren’t any major scientists calling for a rolling back and Boris has ruled it out (famous last words but we’re in a far greater position than before when cases increased). The general consensus is moving back 4 weeks will allow us to open with even more jabs baked in so there are far fewer people to infect and then we’ll be even less likely to have to impose tougher restrictions 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Agree 

I’m as anti restrictions as it comes but I’d struggle to argue that we’ve got it worse than last summer. 
Bar foreign travel and the rule of 6 indoors we are far better off. 

1 minute ago, ryan1992 said:

We didn't have to wear masks when entering pubs/going to the toilet. Many places had queuing systems where you could go and order your drink. 

Pubs didn’t even open until July. 

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

There aren’t any major scientists calling for a rolling back and Boris has ruled it out (famous last words but we’re in a far greater position than before when cases increased). The general consensus is moving back 4 weeks will allow us to open with even more jabs baked in so there are far fewer people to infect and then we’ll be even less likely to have to impose tougher restrictions 

This is fair IMO.

3 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

I’m as anti restrictions as it comes but I’d struggle to argue that we’ve got it worse than last summer. 

Pubs didn’t even open until July. 

I'm talking about if the 4 week delay gets announced, then in July we'd have more restrictions with them (pubs) than last year despite the vaccine roll-out. And yes of course travel is worse.

Edited by ryan1992

1 minute ago, BobWillis2 said:

Yep the discussion needs to be a direct comparison or it’s pointless … we are definatly better off than we were … and some things seem like they get slight improvements from Monday … I can’t remember what the wedding and funeral arrangements were but I think those now have increased numbers … as do visits to care homes ? 

I can't remember the exact rules, but feels pretty similar now to what was allowed last summer...maybe more relaxed on crowds watching sport etc. Anyway, we're in a different place to last summer..we have a lot of people vaccinated, but we also have a much more infectious variant...

Anyway, looks like it will be a delay, but maybe Johnson will promise it will be fixed at 4 weeks, and maybe some stuff will be alllowed...weddings etc. He may regret that promise that will definitely be max 4 weeks, have to see...hopefully will be a lot more of whole adult population vaccinated by then and any 3rd wave won't have come to much.

11 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Do you honestly think Boris wants to extend the restrictions? 

Don’t be ridiculous 

He’s literally the person in charge of the country, he’s the one making the decision to extend.

It isn’t a case of poor old Boris being forced into something by evil scientists.  

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Do you honestly think Boris wants to extend the restrictions? 

Don’t be ridiculous 

shows how much of a spineless fool he is. What conservative government wants to trash the economy and destroy small businesses. It is perplexing at this point, you can see how the conspiracy theories gain traction

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

He’s literally the person in charge of the country, he’s the one making the decision to extend.

It isn’t a case of poor old Boris being forced into something by evil scientists.  

He's being bounced into it by the scientists and he's too much of a weak man to stand up to the Zero covid nutters. But yes, the buck stops with him.

40 minutes ago, Galactus said:

One of the papers was saying weddings and Euro matches will be exempt. You can understand how that’s going down with other event organisers.

Just need to wait until tomorrow really.

18 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah this is it - this reluctant act is bollocks. And he'll stand up and promise certainty and just 4 weeks, then his polling won't even drop in 4 weeks when he extends again so it shows the a is working 

11 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

One of the papers was saying weddings and Euro matches will be exempt. You can understand how that’s going down with other event organisers.

Just need to wait until tomorrow really.

Yeah that's so bad - if it makes the country look good intrrnationally then testing and crowds are good enough, but when it comes to actually letting people do stuff and saving the events industries its too dangerous.

Edited by efcfanwirral

This really doesn’t help the conspiracy theories that the scientists are all banding together with a zero Covid approach in order to purposively frustrate Johnson’s government. 

and that this isn’t happening to Biden because the scientists like him.

Edited by Matt42