When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This should be something of a Barnard castle moment in terms of  questioning of this delay.

Waiters (servants) wearing masks, masters don't need such measures. Is it their superior bloodlines and parents' hard work protecting them 🙄

Screenshot_20210613-113254_Twitter.jpg

I would imagine all of them would be very well tested … although obviously for basis of people looking on an impression is created 

Certain well known big chain hospitality bosses have been uncharacteristically quiet haven't they considering the disaster their industry faces from tomorrow. 

I imagine some kind of fast track licensing/planning for larger groups to take over the failed independents might magically appear soon...

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Great to see the improved picture spreading … that will have knock on impacts for us here I would think … our govt won’t want to be left behind … not that they want to already … but pressure will mount as we are seen as the only one left … just another influence to add to the list of influencers 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Great to see the improved picture spreading … that will have knock on impacts for us here I would think … our govt won’t want to be left behind … not that they want to already … but pressure will mount as we are seen as the only one left … 

I mean, a lot of their restrictions sound similar to what we've had since May 17th....they're probably 4 to 6 weeks behind us....and maybe if they're not careful they will also have a surge of the delta variant which could cause them problems.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Yup. We give them an inch and some if these geeks are going to take a mile 

20210613_104636.jpg

I know Julia is very much on one side of the argument but this tweet she made stuck out to me...  There is every chance that it will never end because certain people will always be fearing the worst and working with a zero covid mind set which is impossible. 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

I know Julia is very much on one side of the argument but this tweet she made stuck out to me...  There is every chance that it will never end because certain people will always be fearing the worst and working with a zero covid mind set which is impossible. 

Julia Hartley-Brewer? Really?!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One more bit of food for thought before I try to avoid the England shit today....

The decision being "taken tonight" is really important and has huge implications for millions of businesses and livelihoods far beyond the 4 weeks being discussed. That's what the trade off on restrictions is all about now, not freedom but whole industries on life support,

We're so focused on the contents of the decision, and previous and future ones, that we're in danger of forgetting how irregular the mechanism of the decision is for this country 

One man at the top is making a decision that could cause all that damage, when there is a legitimate argument right now that it is far more nuanced and in the balance than previous similar ones

No parliament vote, no debate. Just one man

If this was a 3rd world country, say in Africa or the Middle East, what word would our press be using to describe him? (No not your favourite word stevie but one letter away in the alphabet)

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

One more bit of food for thought before I try to avoid the England shit today....

The decision being "taken tonight" is really important and has huge implications for millions of businesses and livelihoods far beyond the 4 weeks being discussed. That's what the trade off on restrictions is all about now, not freedom but whole industries on life support,

We're so focused on the contents of the decision, and previous and future ones, that we're in danger of forgetting how irregular the mechanism of the decision is for this country 

One man at the top is making a decision that could cause all that damage, when there is a legitimate argument right now that it is far more nuanced and in the balance than previous similar ones

No parliament vote, no debate. Just one man

If this was a 3rd world country, say in Africa or the Middle East, what word would our press be using to describe him? (No not your favourite word stevie but one letter away in the alphabet)

dickhead?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

He's being bounced into it by the scientists and he's too much of a weak man to stand up to the Zero covid nutters. But yes, the buck stops with him.

Dude shut the fuck up honestly.

Science got us the vaccine you whopper. If it were up to you we'd still be dosing people up with vitamin d as a way to beat the virus.

You sound like a proper thicko now.

Edited by MrBarry465
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Julia Hartley-Brewer? Really?!

Irrelevant really. Like I said shes defo on one side of the argument. My thinking this particular tweet is good does not mean i agree with her on other things. 

Discuss the content not the source. 

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

Dude shut the fuck up honestly.

Science got us the vaccine you whopper. If it were up to you we'd still be dosing people up with vitamin d as a way to beat the virus.

You sound like a proper thicko now.

Calm down darling. 

This whole how many deaths is acceptable thing is tricky...with flu no one really discusses it much, it is just there every winter and we carry on...but now with covid we have to ask these questions. I guess in the end we want covid+flu max deaths to be probably what max flu deaths is now, such that our hospitals can cope with it...unless we're going to expand our hospitals.

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

She still trying to prove that the vaccines dont work?

Trying to say it  can be totally eliminated by - dunno, some magical act if ive read it right. And better that than using vaccines that might make some super mutant strain that evades everything ever. 

19 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

He's a total nut and calling scientists geeks and berating them is utterly inane.

He is being flippant and is angry with the situation. It's only the scientists who seem obsessed with zero covid also. 

Either way chill man haha point out what you dont agree with or ignore him no need to get yourself so worked up. 🙂 Give yourself an aneurysm 

• Upvote 1