When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Havors said:

He is being flippant and is angry with the situation. It's only the scientists who seem obsessed with zero covid also. 

Either way chill man haha point out what you dont agree with or ignore him no need to get yourself so worked up. 🙂 Give yourself an aneurysm 

Zero covid keeps getting mentioned … but surely an open border policy is pretty clear that is never going to happen … along with comments like let the bodies pile up …. 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day... a very broken clock ha

Sadly I don’t have trust in any of these people … knowing where they would and did  put us in past openings and waves … A level of trust from me needs to be gained from a respectable past ….. I really hope his ideas are right but tend to put my trust elsewhere happy to be proven wrong 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Zero covid keeps getting mentioned … but surely an open border policy is pretty clear that is never going to happen … along with comments like let the bodies pile up …. 

Yeah its never going to happen, we know that. But someone needs to tell that to certain groups of experts who are so focused on the virus they see nothing else...  

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Sadly I don’t have trust in any of these people … knowing where they would and did  put us in past openings and waves … A level of trust from me needs to be gained from a respectable past ….. I really hope his ideas are right but tend to put my trust elsewhere happy to be proven wrong 

yeah he has bee waffling similar stuff for a year now and has been quite wrong. I think the vaccine and other factors are in his favour this time. If he keeps saying it one of the times he will be right haha 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

This should be something of a Barnard castle moment in terms of  questioning of this delay.

Waiters (servants) wearing masks, masters don't need such measures. Is it their superior bloodlines and parents' hard work protecting them 🙄

Screenshot_20210613-113254_Twitter.jpg

I think this was the reason Biden was getting close 🙂 

29 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

This whole how many deaths is acceptable thing is tricky...with flu no one really discusses it much, it is just there every winter and we carry on...but now with covid we have to ask these questions. I guess in the end we want covid+flu max deaths to be probably what max flu deaths is now, such that our hospitals can cope with it...unless we're going to expand our hospitals.

I've thought of this and there's very few thought processes that lead to the next couple of winters being much different to the last ones. Thanks to brexit getting nhs staff in quickly will be harder so we can't increase capacity, and that's before any moral issues over whether we should be taking medical staff from other countries during this situation 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It seems the announcement tomoz is going to be a delay with no guarantee it won't be delayed further.  Possibly the worse case situation for so many businesses.  

Less businesses = a cheaper winter for the government. UC is a lot more affordable...

1 hour ago, MrBarry465 said:

Dude shut the fuck up honestly.

Science got us the vaccine you whopper. If it were up to you we'd still be dosing people up with vitamin d as a way to beat the virus.

You sound like a proper thicko now.

Science put man on the moon too, doesn’t mean they know how big a third wave might be. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So in the last 24 hours we’ve had a lockdown sceptics website shared, Julia Hartley-Brewar shared and Steve Baker shared. This thread has full on gone to a deal place now 😆

You prefer to live in an echo chamber or ignorance?? Sharing it and raising questions is not the same as condoning or promoting.

We know you love a bit of virtue signalling but come on open your mind. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Great to see the improved picture spreading … that will have knock on impacts for us here I would think … our govt won’t want to be left behind … not that they want to already … but pressure will mount as we are seen as the only one left … just another influence to add to the list of influencers 

Yeah, I have been surprised how fast most of Europe got to this small number of cases (around 200 per day now in Austria with a trend downwards - and we started with around 4000 some weeks ago) with all the ongoing problems in the vaccine rollout. From 1st July there should be some restrictions, but only small ones which should not have a bad influence for a rather good summer. Just seen in the newspaper that there are some gigs/festivals at the Italian beach in Lignano planned, Patti Smith in July sounds interesting. As our government said that the whole summer there should be open borders maybe I will go there, but I will wait also for the possible restrictions at these gigs. What will be in autumn, nobody knows, but like for the UK I am expecting the revival of some restrictions - so also a seasonal effect - so no lockdown until spring - but more the revival of restrictions until next spring.

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

You prefer to live in an echo chamber or ignorance?? Sharing it and raising questions is not the same as condoning or promoting.

We know you love a bit of virtue signalling but come on open your mind. 

I don’t know why you have to get weirdly personal a lot of the time with people, but you do you. Also what I said isn’t virtue signalling. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t know why you have to get weirdly personal a lot of the time with people, but you do you. Also what I said isn’t virtue signalling. 

Personal?? Nothing personal, just a response to what you say. 

You are virtue signalling, you are implying your moral character is better than others because those things were posted. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So in the last 24 hours we’ve had a lockdown sceptics website shared, Julia Hartley-Brewar shared and Steve Baker shared. This thread has full on gone to a dark place now 😆

Yup, couple posters on here have lost it totally.

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

Not looking down my nose at anyone, but thought this place would be above conspiracy theories and paranoid nonsense.

Now your just showing your ignorance. If you bothered to actually read what was posted and not just assume people are trying to promote conspiracy theories then this forum would be a much better place. 

So you are definitely looking down your nose... you just immediately jump to conclusions. 

7 minutes ago, Havors said:

Personal?? Nothing personal, just a response to what you say. 

You are virtue signalling, you are implying your moral character is better than others because those things were posted. 

I’m not implying anything about my morale character just making a comment about the source of information that’s been posted here recently. I’m not the only one that’s called them out.

It’s difficult to discuss anything with you in good faith when you get weirdly personal quite quickly. Case in point your response to my one post and your other responses just now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

Now your just showing your ignorance. If you bothered to actually read what was posted and not just assume people are trying to promote conspiracy theories then this forum would be a much better place. 

So you are definitely looking down your nose... you just immediately jump to conclusions. 

Personally I think calling scientists "geeks" and believing they have some sort "agenda to stay relevant" is veering off into conspiracy and ignorant thinkingm