When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Worth remembering that fishing sector contributes

• One eighth of one percent towards the UK economy 
  • One tenth of one percent of UK jobs

Why it should be so constantly high up the agenda is beyond me.

They might as well be arguing about jousting.

I for one care greatly about our UK jousting industry and it is only anti-British jousting sentiment like this which gives our EU foes the stronger hand. You sir are a traitor and I challenge you to a... 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I wonder what's it's like in Manchester centre and everywhere else?? As seeing all those crowds in London is it the same here?

I don't go anywhere so any folk from Manchester know what it's like at the moment?

I know there was mad car queues for Ikea the other week and small retail park near me looks fairly busy, but it seems we are generally keeping to the rules here

Live in the city centre. Saturday was ridiculous. Loads of people in the Arndale without masks. It was an in and out job for me. The most uncomfortable I’ve felt since March. 

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

The past few Mondays have had good news about vaccines. Any chance of Oxford approval tomorrow?

Oxford results were two weeks after Pfizer so on that timescale it'll be next Monday? But not sure if the date of interim results is related in anyway to time for approval.

Nottingham cancels it's Christmas Market, too little too late to be honest.

What about all the traders who have now got all their stock in to hopefully sell there?

Their should be an investigation into why this was allowed to go ahead, bloody fine the organisers £10k for hosting this shambles!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-55206779

8 hours ago, xxialac said:

Worth remembering that fishing sector contributes

• One eighth of one percent towards the UK economy 
  • One tenth of one percent of UK jobs

Why it should be so constantly high up the agenda is beyond me.

They might as well be arguing about jousting.

well...yeah...but same for EU fishing states like France too. It's all about symbolism.

Anyway, apparently it's the level playing field thing that is proving the most difficult.

read a thing yesterday which said we're going for no deal, because.... Spaffer's number one priority is looking good himself.

If there's a deal, Spaffer will get blamed for agreeing to a deal which causes chaos.

But if there's no deal, then all of the chaos can get blamed on the EU for not doing a deal.

It's going to be no deal!

Just now, xxialac said:

Michael Gove has denied the Government has any plans to create a 'vaccine passport,' but the NHS has created a card for people to keep a record if they have received the jab, warning them in bold: 'Make sure you keep this record card in your purse or wallet'

Feel like they've missed a trick in 2020 not to make these digital and secure.

And how long before we read about someone selling fake ones the Internet?

With the second appointment date space, I wonder if that is mainly for the over 80s who might not be as great with technology?

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

With the second appointment date space, I wonder if that is mainly for the over 80s who might not be as great with technology?

Could be. Though over 80s almost all have email addresses these days. 

I just think having a system that is so open to fraud isn't great. It could be an economic imperative to know who has had it and who hasn't

They've had all year to think up a system.

This one looks like something knocked up for a car boot sale.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Could be. Though over 80s almost all have email addresses these days. 

I just think having a system that is so open to fraud isn't great. It could be an economic imperative to know who has had it and who hasn't

They've had all year to think up a system.

This one looks like something knocked up for a car boot sale.

In my job I work with a number of over 80s. I would say at least 50% have no email address nor any interest in learning about computers at this stage. 

but I do agree it looks too basic and informal. 

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Michael Gove has denied the Government has any plans to create a 'vaccine passport,' but the NHS has created a card for people to keep a record if they have received the jab, warning them in bold: 'Make sure you keep this record card in your purse or wallet'

Feel like they've missed a trick in 2020 not to make these digital and secure.

And how long before we read about someone selling fake ones the Internet?

Is that not just for reminder of the jab dates ? All my flu vaccination records are on my online dr records ... 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Is that not just for reminder of the jab dates ? All my flu vaccination records are on my online dr records ... 

Ah, I'm sure you're right. But I do think people will inevitably wave it around as 'proof' and there must be a better way involving phones and e.g. a QR code.

For EU citizens to stay in the UK, they were forced to use technology and they managed.

2 reasons for it now being digital

1) as mentioned over 80s probably don't have as much access

2) doesn't make it feel like you are being checked for the vaccine (will help with some of the softer anti-vaxxers who think they are getting tracked) - its only a reminder slip (while all the records are logged digitally so the gov/NHS are fully aware of who is vaccinated)