I just found this great deal on Glastonbury 2020 line up vinyls....the thread

Chrisp1986

29 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Adds up, there's plenty of albums that have come out digitally first and had to wait a while for a physical release (last weeks king gizz release doesn't ship until August for instance)

Maybe this is what happened to Tool?

Still waiting for 10,000 days on vinyl. 15 years.

2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Maybe this is what happened to Tool?

Still waiting for 10,000 days on vinyl. 15 years.

well 10,000 days is roughly 27 years so probably only another 12 years to wait if they're at all market savvy.

I actually found my 10,000th day when I was stoned watching the nick cave documentary of similar name and set up a google alert and completely forgot about it, was a nice surprise 4 years later.

33 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Briefly got very excited at seeing The National's Boxer: Live in Brussels album on there, before realising it was just a CD.

47 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Briefly got very excited at seeing The National's Boxer: Live in Brussels album on there, before realising it was just a CD.

Change it to vinyl, it may still be on off, though obviously not as cheap. Works with the Idles one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had to step away. I've already got 4 albums on pre-order and a few others I'm planning to get at gigs.

What does this say about RSD though? Too much put out each year? Too expensive? Will it impact future years if you know there's stuff still available at much lower prices a month later?

23 minutes ago, Dom Wall said:

Having just had a player bought for me for my birthday; I’d better start collecting.

Has anyone seen any deals around lately? Popped into Flashback Records in London yesterday and bought a couple, but would like to start building on it without breaking the bank.

Follow @CheapIndieVinyl on Twitter, they've posted some good stuff lately. 

This one today...

11 hours ago, Dom Wall said:

Having just had a player bought for me for my birthday; I’d better start collecting.

Has anyone seen any deals around lately? Popped into Flashback Records in London yesterday and bought a couple, but would like to start building on it without breaking the bank.

You could  very easily just go on ebay or discogs and find some used records for not too much money and reasonable shipping. Plenty of people sell classics for low prices. The Indie label market hasnt announced its next event but you could find some deals there if shopping in person is more your liking.  Go dig around the rough trade or hmv clearance bins, there should be something in there.

• 1 month later...

Could do with some inspiration please...

When my daughter was born we bought a 7" record case big enough for 50 records. We plan on buying a record for her every birthday and Christmas until she's 18, plus other special occasions. 

I'm currently struggling to decide what to get for her 1st birthday record. Any suggestions for classic records she must hear, new releases which may stand the test of time, or anything else?

Ideally cheap and relatively easily available!! 

14 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

When my daughter was born we bought a 7" record case big enough for 50 records. We plan on buying a record for her every birthday and Christmas until she's 18, plus other special occasions. 

I'm currently struggling to decide what to get for her 1st birthday record. Any suggestions for classic records she must hear, new releases which may stand the test of time, or anything else?

How about each Christmas you pick a media outlet (Pitchfork, Guardian, NME, whoever you want) and buy their Album Of The Year?

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Guardian best ofs for the last three years

• 2018: Christine and the Queens - Cris
  • 2019: Lana Del Ray - NFR
  • 2020: Fiona Apple - Fetch The Boltcutters

Already own NFR so that's a few quid saved... 

Alternatively you could buy them your fave from that year.

Otherwise you’ll have to own a copy of Fetch The Boltcutters. 

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I would go with something new from each year. Sign up to a couple of Indies mailings and they'll usually tell you what they have coming out and get something that you really like or that you know she really likes at the time. That way it'll be more of a time capsule rather than you really should listen to these. 

• Upvote 1