Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

I wouldn't be too worried about Cathay. The government won't allow the flag carrier to fail and The Hong Kong to London flight is one of the top 10 profitable routes in the world partly as part of a leg for travel to to UK from Australia. Virgin Australia were trying to use HK as a hub to link up to China with partner airlines.

The protests have caused drop in demand to HK overall but Virgin Australia have dropped out because they can't compete with Qantas, Cathay as they are the weakest carrier on that leg. Cathay and Qantas still carrying at 80% capacity where VA were at 63%

Edited by Gregfc15
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bisque said:

Queen Victoria was “technically” the worlds biggest drug dealer in history.

But her after parties were shit, apparently. 

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't read this thread, so am not sure if this has been mentioned before but, I am really quite curious if this virus has had a significant negative effect on Chinese take away orders - or sit down meals, for that matter.

4FDAEB6B-F997-4E67-B9E4-6A173269C56B.jpeg.15369e535a4914846ed9b3e332ef0492.jpeg

Not me,  I was brought up on these classics! My old Mum thought I was really exotic  wanting this strange foreign food. She worried about me! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't read this thread, so am not sure if this has been mentioned before but, I am really quite curious if this virus has had a significant negative effect on Chinese take away orders - or sit down meals, for that matter.

Can't talk on a national scale but it's had no effect on my local Chinese Takeaway,  to be precise in their window it says 'Gourmet Chinese Takeaway '.  Anyhow it was sh#t years ago and I'm told it still is. So zero difference post coronavirus. 😁

Hope that clears it up for you, 🤣

I would recommend a more in depth survey to be more certain of my personal findings.🤔

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Not me,  I was brought up on these classics! My old Mum thought I was really exotic  wanting this strange foreign food. She worried about me! 

Chicken Supreme.!!!!! My the memories are flooding back. Was that the space age dried out one. You had to rehydrate  it and if you failed to cook properly the chicken remained sort of uuummmm , crunchy. And you'd get little pockets of extreme flavour from unhydrated powder that gave a kick.....

Shit that explains how my life panned out. 😉🤣😉🤣😉

25 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I noticed as I was waiting for the bus this evening that the Bubble Tea place across the road was as busy as ever, only difference was that the staff were wearing face masks.

2 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I noticed as I was waiting for the bus this evening that the Bubble Tea place across the road was as busy as ever, only difference was that the staff were wearing face masks.

That's two of us saying no change in clientele regards takeaways,  that's officially a survey. Would you like to pass on results to Yog or shall I. Maybe Yog could just read it from here . 

The results are

No Change.

Is this the first time somebodies posted the results from their survey.😂

• Upvote 1

It’s having an effect on my work. One of our suppliers is in one of the locked down regions. Our customers are now panicking that they can’t get the products they need and are over ordering. 

We’ve been told it could be April before deliveries are back to normal. 

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I remember those, but never had the 'pleasure' of eating one. My mom and dad would have considered them a waste of 'good' money. We never even had any rice dishes to eat as kids - as in ever. My folks are Irish and 'therefore' had an insane fascination with boiling the very life out of potatoes, as well as designing all meals around those potatoes. It was essential that any other vegetables were also boiled to death too. It's almost as if they considered them to be satanic and in need of cleansing. I tell you what, Opus Dei were weak pussy cats as far as my folks were concerned.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s having an effect on my work. One of our suppliers is in one of the locked down regions. Our customers are now panicking that they can’t get the products they need and are over ordering. 

We’ve been told it could be April before deliveries are back to normal. 

There's an opportunity for your bosses to run riot with their prices then, I'd say. 

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Bubble Tea?

It's a tea drink with balls or "bubbles" of tapioca in it. Originated in Taiwan but very popular all over Asia. Owing to the large population of Asian students in university here, there are I think three bubble tea places around the campus here and they are all super popular.

bubble-tea-recipe-694162-hero-02-e428d92163814642903b12c5ac14de24.jpg

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

was essential that any other vegetables were also boiled to death too. It's almost as if they considered them to be satanic and in need of cleansing. I tell you what, Opus Dei were weak pussy cats as far as my folks were concerned.

Ditto, it wasn't just the Irish. My mother cooked the colour out of all veg. Then just to be sure she'd keep it warm all day in the oven. I have a scar on my hand that reminds me every day about this bizarre cooking/sabotaging of food stuff. The scar was born because my teenage self stabbed at some charcoal/meat that had adhered to the plate. The unidentified meat decided to unstick after some serious stabby action. Then I didn't stop the stabby action quickly enough and stabbed my own left hand. Six stitches and hours of AandE I returned home. Guess what, mother had kept my food warm. 🙄

The water from the pans had all the goodness and that got thrown away. She preferred fresh water for the gravy. 😂

God rest her soul. 😘😘😘😘😘

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

It's a tea drink with balls or "bubbles" of tapioca in it. Originated in Taiwan but very popular all over Asia. Owing to the large population of Asian students in university here, there are I think three bubble tea places around the campus here and they are all super popular.

bubble-tea-recipe-694162-hero-02-e428d92163814642903b12c5ac14de24.jpg

Thanks for the explanation WestCountryGirl. I've been to the Far East a fair number of times, and never seen it. I suppose that's because nearly all my drinks were alcoholic. 

3 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Ditto, it wasn't just the Irish. My mother cooked the colour out of all veg. Then just to be sure she'd keep it warm all day in the oven. I have a scar on my hand that reminds me every day about this bizarre cooking/sabotaging of food stuff. The scar was born because my teenage self stabbed at some charcoal/meat that had adhered to the plate. The unidentified meat decided to unstick after some serious stabby action. Then I didn't stop the stabby action quickly enough and stabbed my own left hand. Six stitches and hours of AandE I returned home. Guess what, mother had kept my food warm. 🙄

The water from the pans had all the goodness and that got thrown away. She preferred fresh water for the gravy. 😂

God rest her soul. 😘😘😘😘😘

So, you self harmed from an early age. Please lie down on this chaise longue. I have a series of ink splatters that I want to show you, and I would like you to tell me what you think the minute that you see each of them. Here's the first;

Image result for roge + ink splatters

PS - my mom used to use the water from the vegetable massacre to make the gravy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

So, you self harmed from an early age. Please lie down on this chaise longue. I have a series of ink splatters that I want to show you, and I would like you to tell me what you think the minute that you see each of them. Here's the first;

Image result for roge + ink splatters

PS - my mom used to use the water from the vegetable massacre to make the gravy.

It reminds me of spilled gravy. The gravy without all the vitamins and minerals. Not that life giving, nutritional, vitamin ffilled gravy liked by the descendants of the irish. And also enjoyed by everybody with the slightest idea of how to cook. That would obviously make a different splodge.

Did your boiled potatoes go grey coloured? Like deathly grey. Mine did. 🤮

1 hour ago, mashedonmud said:

Did your boiled potatoes go grey coloured?

Euphemism? 

The thing with the gravy was actually really to 'capture' the 'goodness' in the water. Now, I'm not completely convinced that my mom knew all about vitamins and their healthiness. I've never seen my dad cook anything. He just sat at the table waiting. I used to help my mom cook and wash up all the time because I knew that my dad and my brothers would just sit there like ignorant bastards and wait for my mom to come in from work and cook for them straight away. However, all I was taught was to boil the bastard daylights out of vegetables, and perform a scorched earth approach to the cooking of any meat. Nothing was to end up resembling what it had originally looked like. That was the 'unspoken' motto.

Anyway, here's your next ink splatter;

Image result for ink splatter

Thoughts? 

11 minutes ago, DeadAmos said:

Looks like me trying to dance after too much cider

Hello DeadAmos,

Long time, no speak. Good to hear from you. 

You may well be on to something there, as I've looked it up (only just) and there are black ciders on the market. So, that could indeed be 'screaming out' that it's essentially the result of a black cider overload / trying to dance scenario.

The above said, it actually 'screams out' that rampant sex is going on - which leads me nicely to this;