Dua Lipa

CaledonianGonzo

Think I prefer Training Season to Houdini, but I agree both have a more generic dance-pop feel than her previous stuff which had something about it that always set her apart from lots of - on paper - similar sounding artists.

loved houdini, training season is ... fine. extended version better . just dont think training session gets going enough to be a great pyramid stage song but again, its not sh*t either. but it worries me that they decided to release this as a single... just feels like an album cut. 

13 hours ago, TiZuff said:

loved houdini, training season is ... fine. extended version better . just dont think training session gets going enough to be a great pyramid stage song but again, its not sh*t either. but it worries me that they decided to release this as a single... just feels like an album cut. 

It was supposed to be the first single. Then the Israelis decided to start committing genocide and it was swapped out for Houdini. The music video had fights and violence so Dua didnt want that out there at the same time. And now theres a couple of Israeli rappers who have a song that says Dua should be killed.

9 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

#4 debut for Training Season. Not exactly a flop but can’t imagine she or her level are particularly happy with that result. Wonder if it’ll have any legs or be another one to swiftly drop out of the top 10.

It was boosted by physical sales too, without those she'd be at #7.

• 2 weeks later...

Given this seems even more likely to be a cert with today's news, let's have the usual stab. Expecting at least seven from the new album if out by then, so: 

1 Training Season
2 Dance the Night
New Rules
4 - - -
Break My Heart
IDGAF
- - -
Electricity
- - -
10 One Kiss
11 - - -
12 Be the One
13 Cold Heart
14 - - -
15 Don't Start Now

16 Houdini
17 Levitating
18 Physical

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Given this seems even more likely to be a cert with today's news, let's have the usual stab. Expecting at least seven from the new album if out by then, so: 

1 Training Season
2 Dance the Night
New Rules
4 - - -
Break My Heart
IDGAF
- - -
Electricity
- - -
10 One Kiss
11 - - -
12 Be the One
13 Cold Heart
14 - - -
15 Don't Start Now

16 Houdini
17 Levitating
18 Physical

Hallucinate needs to be in there, but otherwise that’s about as perfect as you can get - banger after banger. 

Just now, FloopFiller said:

Hallucinate needs to be in there, but otherwise that’s about as perfect as you can get - banger after banger. 

I went back and forth on that. Was conscious too that she missed a few biggies off her first album when touring Future Nostalgia.

But since this looks set to be a festival run, I'm hoping sense has prevailed to simply stack the setlist. Heck, if the album is only just hitting the shelves, cut down to the singles you've teased and leave it at that.

Am I right in thinking when Arctic Monkeys headlined in 2013, they hadn't put AM out by that point? Seem to recall the only unreleased song they blooded was Mad Sounds, and instead just plugged the two singles to date at that point.

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Get it out the way early, that's my working theory.

Think Physical deserves a crack near the close now.

yeah get it out the way about 5 songs in, its your glasto headline set dont start with a bottom 3 song from your set list!

Just now, TiZuff said:

yeah get it out the way about 5 songs in, its your glasto headline set dont start with a bottom 3 song from your set list!

im still traumatised by waiting years to see blur and they open their set with a new song from a new album that nobody had heard... was like... wtf is this

get the crowd onside early, play a banger that everyone loves. training season in at track 3-6. then end it with 8 bangers in a row.  I go big early

1. Dont start now
  2. Houdini
  3. IDGAF
  4. New Rules
  5. Training season
  6. Dance the night
  7. Cool
  8. NEW ALBUM SONG
  9. Pretty please
  10. Be the one
  11. Break my heart
  12. Levitating
  13. Hallucinate
  14. NEW ALBUM SONG
  15. Electricity
  16. Cold heart sp.guest elton john
  17. One Kiss
  18. Physical
Edited by TiZuff

9 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Houdini sounds Tame Impala like towards the end.  I like it from that point 🙂

Does she have any others similar?

hes producing the album 🙂 so wait for the new album!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

1 Training Season
2 Dance the Night
New Rules
4 - - -
Break My Heart
IDGAF
- - -
Electricity
- - -
10 One Kiss
11 - - -
12 Be the One
13 Cold Heart
14 - - -
15 Don't Start Now

16 Houdini
17 Levitating
18 Physical

Mass exodus after song 3 as all the Liverpool fans leave!!

Can we put Hotter Than Hell in please chaps