2021 Headliners

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Scenes when KOL are announced as Kendrick’s replacement.

I will actually be gutted if Kendrick isn't rebooked. Headliner I really wanna see on the pyramid. 

Glad Fontaines will be playing again, hopefully still the park stage.

7085-hurricane-festival-2020-82078553_219336055773851_5219514866744104953_n.jpg

This is last year's effort so it's a pretty high retention rate. No Sam Fender, Twenty One Pilots or Lumineers next year but otherwise it is almost like-for-like. I can't see Sam Fender not showing up at Glasto after now missing 2 editions!

Edited by reflekting

4 minutes ago, reflekting said:

7085-hurricane-festival-2020-82078553_219336055773851_5219514866744104953_n.jpg

This is last year's effort so it's a pretty high retention rate. No Sam Fender, Twenty One Pilots or Lumineers next year but otherwise it is almost like-for-like. I can't see Sam Fender not showing up at Glasto after now missing 2 editions!

He’s still supporting on The Killers tour in June too

7 minutes ago, Miyn said:

The 1975 could definitely swoop in and take Kenny's place if he were to pull out.

I’d say they were first on the list of phone calls to be made if any of this years three headliners choose not to do it. An easy booking for Glastonbury.

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’d say they were first on the list of phone calls to be made if any of this years three headliners choose not to do it. An easy booking for Glastonbury.

Kenny better reschedule though I wouldn't mind seeing 75 headline.

Sorry but Kenny is a very strong source for euro festival goss. If he’s saying Taylor isn’t doing Euro festivals in 2021 he’s probably right.

Her mother is technically a vulnerable individual. She might not tour or agree to any touring commitments until this has all blown over. We need to consider that some established artists might be reluctant to sign for 2021 dates as it’s not clear yet that it will even be safe by then.

There is a lot to consider here that some people aren’t thinking about. Taylor can 100% afford to not tour lover if it isn’t safe. She could easily have an album out by the end of 2021, as she works fast that way.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sorry but Kenny is a very strong source for euro festival goss. If he’s saying Taylor isn’t doing Euro festivals in 2021 he’s probably right.

Her mother is technically a vulnerable individual. She might not tour or agree to any touring commitments until this has all blown over. We need to consider that some established artists might be reluctant to sign for 2021 dates as it’s not clear yet that it will even be safe by then.

There is a lot to consider here that some people aren’t thinking about. Taylor can 100% afford to not tour lover if it isn’t safe. She could easily have an album out by the end of 2021, as she works fast that way.

What and where has Kenny said anything? 

8 hours ago, eyebrain said:

Picked this up from the Pukkelpop thread, from a guy who has proved to have a lot of insight of European fests. Taylor starting to look unlikely.

@RarerThanDandyB see this post before - Ken is a very very reliable poster for EU festivals. His track record is pretty much immaculate.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Just to point out what should be obvious..

The guy didn't say Taylor wasn't playing European Festivals next year, he said she wasn't playing Pukkelpop next year.

She wasnt playing Pukkelpop this year, he was saying lineups will relatively be the same bar Taylor who IS NOT doing festivals next year due to something he heard.

Thats mad she's not back next year. In that case I am starting to be skeptical of American acts headlining next year and Macca due to age, I can see it being a British dominated year.

Suppose the current pool would be Arctics, 1975, Kendrick, FOALS, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish. Current Prediction would be:

Kendrick Lamar 

Arctic Monkeys 

Dua Lipa

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

She wasnt playing Pukkelpop this year, he was saying lineups will relatively be the same bar Taylor who IS NOT doing festivals next year due to something he heard.

Thats mad she's not back next year. In that case I am starting to be skeptical of American acts headlining next year and Macca due to age, I can see it being a British dominated year.

Suppose the current pool would be Arctics, 1975, Kendrick, FOALS, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish. Current Prediction would be:

Kendrick Lamar 

Arctic Monkeys 

Dua Lipa

Billie would headline before Dua, that's a fact. 

If anyone's gonna get called up if Swift or Kenny cancels, it's The 1975. They were definitely one of the three "pencilled in" for 2021. They ideally would have played 2020, but were told they had to wait till 2021. They're doing a lot that aligns with the festivals ethos and climate change such as:

• Planting a tree for every gig ticket sold.
  • Reprinting old unsold t-shirts to cut down on waste.
  • Donating 20% of the money from the sales on their website to the NHS.
  • Being best mates with Greta Thunberg and making the opening track on their new album her climate speech to the UN. They even play the song live at their shows before their encore.

They're a big British act that doesn't cost too much to book and they're one of the most relevant bands at the moment. They're releasing another album this month which is almost guaranteed to be successful. In my opinion, they're a really obvious booking if anyone of this years trio pulls out. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Kendrick Lamar 

Arctic Monkeys 

Dua Lipa

You're forgetting a former headliner who were meant to be active this summer 

2012KasabianSunLeeds04TM260812-696x464.j

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

With the benefit of hindsight, the lack of any mention of Europe in her cancellation announcement could be an ill omen. 

But if she's got a live show and a road ready band in late spring / early summer 2021 there's no reason she couldnt do certain European shows as one-offs.

If she's doing South America, I don't see why she wouldn't be doing something in Europe. It's not like her plan is to play it safe and just stick to the US. We know she's willing to travel.

I still think it's possible she does Glastonbury but not the other festivals, or that this whole rumour is bogus. This Kenny chap might be right, but until we get confirmation she's totally out the picture, we know she's already confirmed to be touring in 2021 and at the very least rescheduling NA and SA dates, which is more than we can currently say for Macca and Kendrick.

We'll probably have a strong indication next weds when BST announce. If she's playing there, she's almost certainly doing Glastonbury.

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Bruh he would have been 78 and playing this year. Why not next year? Is 79 when the Sunset Squad Robots take people away?

Age with regards to the virus and the risks for him. Tbf he would of had the potential vaccine.