Bastards

guypjfreak

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

I don't mind you calling me a dick or you disagreeing with my opinion, thats fair enough. Please don't liken me to a racist bigot who hacks the phones, of the parents of murdered school children though.

Until it is scientifically proven otherwise, Sam Smith is a man, therefore he is by default a he. 

Why does it matter to anyone enough to disagree what someone else identifies as? Seriously, what is to gain from contesting it? Just let people do their lives.

52 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why does it matter to anyone enough to disagree what someone else identifies as? Seriously, what is to gain from contesting it? Just let people do their lives.

I don't care what he or anyone identifies as, I could not care less. I have been explicit about that in my replies. I think the whole lot is a load of nonesense. He/She/They/Him/It, who really cares?Physically he is a man, there is no disputing that. 

It would be like me getting offended because someone called me tall, as I identified as a small person. If I was a pop star and started talking crap like that, what would you think? You would think what a pratt.

We live in a world where there is serious racism and discrimination. People are being slaughtered for their beliefs. I have been reading this morning about Jewish graves being desecrated with Nazi regalia. Now I care far more about issues like that than I do about gender identity. Its a sad, sad world where men are getting offended because they are refered to as he.

Edited by eastynh

You don't identify as a height, you fucking dipshit. Gender is a social role, it's a part of your identity, stop conflating it with biological sex, they are not the same.

As for "well I care about the serious things in the world", well get the fuck off the internet and go and address them then if that's the only thing that matters. Next time something happens in your life then you've no room to complain about it when there's worse things going on. Scallies jump you and nick your phone? Nothing compared to racism mate so don't complain. You get laid off at work? Well there's kids getting killed in Yemen so you've got no room to moan. You get diagnosed with fucking terminal cancer? Who gives a shit mate, you're one person and there's a climate crisis on.

14 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I don't care what he or anyone identifies as, I could not care less. I have been explicit about that in my replies. I think the whole lot is a load of nonesense. He/She/They/Him/It, who really cares?Physically he is a man, there is no disputing that. 

It would be like me getting offended because someone called me tall, as I identified as a small person. If I was a pop star and started talking crap like that, what would you think? You would think what a pratt.

We live in a world where there is serious racism and discrimination. People are being slaughtered for their beliefs. I have been reading this morning about Jewish graves being desecrated with Nazi regalia. Now I care far more about issues like that than I do about gender identity. Its a sad, sad world where men are getting offended because they are refered to as he.

If you don’t care just let it slide then and let people identify as they wish. Biologically they were born a man, correct, but also biologically men are to reproduce with women and we know sexuality doesn’t work like that.

Begging you to open your mind on this one because, as far as I’ve seen on this forum, you’re a good guy and people facing these gender identity issues need support not derision.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Sex and gender are two separate things, which you know, and are deciding to be a prick about it. You've no interest in science, you've shown yourself to be completely closed minded and bigoted on the matter.

Just because eastynh identifies as a man there's no need to refer to him as a prick, it would be better to use a sexually neutral term such as arsehole otherwise you're just reaffirming gender stereotypes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If you don’t care just let it slide then and let people identify as they wish. Biologically they were born a man, correct, but also biologically men are to reproduce with women and we know sexuality doesn’t work like that.

Begging you to open your mind on this one because, as far as I’ve seen on this forum, you’re a good guy and people facing these gender identity issues need support not derision.

I will do some reading up mate. Maybe I am ill informed on the subject.

I just find the whole idea of gender identity a load of nonesense. I don't understand why gender identity is an issue. Whats the issue? We are what we are, there does not need to be a label attached.

I may be misguided on the subject so will try and educate myself a little better on the topic.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Nice post.

Explaining things to people generally has a better response than calling people names because they don't yet understand and think the same way as you. 

Whilst we're on the subject, maybe the gender options need updating on the forums!?

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

I will do some reading up mate. Maybe I am ill informed on the subject.

I just find the whole idea of gender identity a load of nonesense. I don't understand why gender identity is an issue. Whats the issue? We are what we are, there does not need to be a label attached.

I may be misguided on the subject so will try and educate myself a little better on the topic.

It doesn’t affect you, cos you’ve never felt like you weren’t born in the wrong body. I havnt either, it is a strange concept, but I can empathise with people who feel like colossal outsiders from society for reasons that are completely out of their control, and I like to feel solidarity with people who are hugely marginalised. And trans people are very much abused and held up to ridicule. 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

It doesn’t affect you, cos you’ve never felt like you weren’t born in the wrong body. I havnt either, it is a strange concept, but I can empathise with people who feel like colossal outsiders from society for reasons that are completely out of their control, and I like to feel solidarity with people who are hugely marginalised. And trans people are very much abused and held up to ridicule. 

I have done some reading up and read a few papers.

Gender dysmorphia and identity issues seem to be a mental and anxiety disorder which transgress mostly in trans people. Now I have read the GQ interview where Sam Smith has udentified as non binary. It seems non binary identification is different to gender identification crisis/dysmorphia.

Also Sam Smith says in his interview that he came out as none binary after speaking to people who were in his circle who also identified as none binary. He also states that he will continue to be referred to as he/him. It does not seem Sam Smith has suffered from the same issuess as someone who is going through gender dysmorphic problems.

Anyone who is suffering from any mental issues needs and deserves everyones support and help. 

I am not going to lie, but I still think Sam Smith comes across as attention seeking. 

Maybe I was a bit abrupt in how I came across and looked a little sympathetic. I really don't care what anyone identifies as. There are far bigger issues in my own life and in the world to care about such issues. 

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

I have done some reading up and read a few papers.

Gender dysmorphia and identity issues seem to be a mental and anxiety disorder which transgress mostly in trans people. Now I have read the GQ interview where Sam Smith has udentified as non binary. It seems non binary identification is different to gender identification crisis/dysmorphia.

Also Sam Smith says in his interview that he came out as none binary after speaking to people who were in his circle who also identified as none binary. He also states that he will continue to be referred to as he/him. It does not seem Sam Smith has suffered from the same issuess as someone who is going through gender dysmorphic problems.

Anyone who is suffering from any mental issues needs and deserves everyones support and help. 

I am not going to lie, but I still think Sam Smith comes across as attention seeking. 

Maybe I was a bit abrupt in how I came across and looked a little sympathetic. I really don't care what anyone identifies as. There are far bigger issues in my own life and in the world to care about such issues. 

This is good. I’m glad you took the time and are willing to educate yourself and accept where you have been ignorant.

Tbh I don’t disagree about Sam Smith as that is how they’ve always come across in interviews and stuff but it’s their right and I’ll accept it.

8 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

No one says bastard like our Sean. 

Love our Sean.. I'm sure I WAS Lt Richard Sharpe ... in my other life.. I mean I'm honest,, a gentleman,, fighter,, good looking,, blar blar in my dreams lol 

Cotton,, hippies and molasses sir 

Edited by guypjfreak