The Prodigy

morph100

15 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Was tempted with Liverpool myself but the price put me off. I know the venue is small etc but can't bring myself to pay £50 to see somebody in that venue. 

You're not paying to see the venue though. 😜 

Personally I'd rather pay more to see acts in smaller venues or given the choice of the same act at the same price at either O2 arena or Brixton I'd choose Brixton every time.

28 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

It is pricey, considering Wolf Alice played there the other week for virtually half the price but I didn't ever expect to see The Prodigy play live again so thought I'd jump on it!

Enjoy I am sure it will be great. Overdraft has been battered after me and the missus paid for our Glastonbury tickets. 

I was ready to go at 9am for Birmingham tickets but it kept saying the code was invalid. I typed it in exactly as it was in the email - FOTL22 - but was only when I did it again in lower case that it went through. This was at 9:01am and it said no tickets were available. 

Just seen a post that someone managed to get some about half an hour after that so not sure what went on there? Hedged my bets and already booked a hotel so will have to hope I get some on Friday (can cancel for free but obviously want to go to the gig).

I remember writing a long post minutes after Keith's death was announced, truly gutted, and in addition that my 38th time seeing them would probably be my last. Now, here we are almost three years to the day and I've just got Friday and Saturday night tickets for their spiritual home in Brixton. Of course, it won't be the same without Keith - since "Jilted" he became integral to the live act - but there'll be no lessening in the ferocity of the performance and it'll be interesting to see what kind of tribute there'll be. Maybe guest vocalists to put a different spin on certain tunes? Or will they leave certain ones off the setlist? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, leej7 said:

Would keep refreshing - plenty likely in baskets not to be bought.

I stupidly had followed the link from the presale (which had a countdown)... didn't realise it was also on Ticketmaster, think that was the problem. Looks like I'll have to pick a different venue now, which means convincing the other half to take a day off work...

Edited by LostHorizon

Just now, LostHorizon said:

I stupidly had followed the link from the presale... didn't realise it was also on Ticketmaster, think that was the problem. Looks like I'll have to pick a different venue now, which means convincing the other half to take a day off work...

All venues available on gigs and tours...

https://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/the-prodigy?pre=artist

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

All venues available on gigs and tours...

https://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/the-prodigy?pre=artist

Yeah, that's where I went. Refreshed at 9am, got as far as putting 2 tix in the basket only to get a message a second or 2 later saying no tickets available, join the waiting list. The whole experience lasted no more that 10 seconds.

We got tickets for Liverpool in the pre sale the other day. We usually opt for Manchester for gigs, but Victoria Warehouse has absolutely no redeeming qualities so I'm happy to go somewhere else. 

I've seen them 10 or so times since 1994. I didn't think they'd call it a day after Keith's death and I'm excited to see what they bring. 

• 6 months later...
On 10/31/2019 at 5:02 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

No, I've made my mind up and I've gotta live with it. Plus my GF has a Sunday ticket so it'd be out of order for me to turn around now and say I'm trying for the weekend knowing she's stuck with that. I was considering a day ticket but realised that I hadn't changed the address against my registration until it was too late. I moved into the catchment area in January! 

If The Prodigy and Depeche Mode were announced I would be absolutely devastated. I'm thinking that both of these are outside chances but with Emily's chat today, the latter must be in the frame.

😀😉

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

😀😉

😀Ooossh, one from the archives. At that time, I definitely wasn't going and genuinely had other plans for June 2020 but they ended up being cancelled, of course. If 2020 went ahead, I definitely would not have been there. I'm not sure when it was or exactly why I reversed my decision. Was probably sometime around the lockdown, I think. Maybe around the Live on the Farm airing, more than likely. I'm glad I did it and even more glad I took up the working place. That reminds me, I need to check if that's available again for 2023! If so, I'm not sure I'd ever go as a punter again.

Oh, and Depeche Mode and Prodigy for 2023...still waiting for that.