Biffy Clyro

Mr. Snrub

13 minutes ago, jparx said:

I saw Biffy countless times between 2006-2010. They were one of my favourite bands at that time and it almost feels like they're an entirely different band now. If they did Glastonbury and played 57 or Justboy I think I'd honestly be in tears. 

Been following them since the really early days. I remember the johnsons when they were in school. Not great at physics! 

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Been following them since the really early days. I remember the johnsons when they were in school. Not great at physics! 

cant you just have a word ?  :) or ask the physics teacher to get some info ? Actually seem to remember the od lads having some links ... will see what they know 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

cant you just have a word ?  :) or ask the physics teacher to get some info ? Actually seem to remember the od lads having some links ... will see what they know 

Up to retiring this year I was a colleague of their science teacher. It’s his one claim to fame that he taught one of  them basic electronics. He still very occasionally sees them at the local football club, I also spent a few months working  in their school in the early 90s . One of those schools where loads of pupils in the senior school were wanting to play in a band

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Up to retiring this year I was a colleague of their science teacher. It’s his one claim to fame that he taught one of  them basic electronics. He still very occasionally sees them at the local football club, I also spent a few months working  in their school in the early 90s . One of those schools where loads of pupils in the senior school were wanting to play in a band

its great to see people you know having musical success .. when so many dont achieve :) 

21 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its great to see people you know having musical success .. when so many dont achieve :) 

It’s amazing the musical talent that’s in schools now, far more than there used to be.  Kids now have more access to instruments, music depts encourage experimentation and use of modern technology. In fact the whole school staff get involved, especially those who themselves are musicians, The days of only playing recorders are well past!   

Mon the biff , I wonder if they also learned to be so potty mouthed at school?

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

12 hours ago, jparx said:

I saw Biffy countless times between 2006-2010. They were one of my favourite bands at that time and it almost feels like they're an entirely different band now. If they did Glastonbury and played 57 or Justboy I think I'd honestly be in tears. 

Or Jaggy Snake (we can but dream)

Compared to some I was a bit late to the Biffy party but seeing them in the Fez club in Reading 2004 was on of a few personal landmark evenings that got me into live music.

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Ragingbunion93 said:

Biffy Clyro's new album is fantastic. The highlight for me is The Champ; a wonderful criticism of the forces that are preventing real progressive change throughout the globe. Pyramid headliner? maybe. Other Stage headliner? a shoo-in.

I'd honestly be surprised if Biffy got a Glastonbury headline slot off of this album. For me it's got a couple of decent tracks but Ellipsis is the only one it really beats recently for me. I wasn't a huge fan of their first 3 albums given I got into them really from Puzzle. Glitter and Trauma and 57 are the only songs from earlier time I think I'd bother with and it's fair to say I really bother playing much before Puzzle. 

On 10/17/2019 at 8:59 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

My one claim to fame is that I served Simon when I worked in Virgin in the Ayr branch. 

I had no idea who Biffy were at the time and one of my colleagues had to inform me. I didn’t become a fan til quite a while after when they released Only Revolutions. 

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

My one claim to fame is that I served Simon when I worked in Virgin in the Ayr branch. 

I had no idea who Biffy were at the time and one of my colleagues had to inform me. I didn’t become a fan til quite a while after when they released Only Revolutions. 

Wasting his time in a record shop when he should have been studying for his higher Physics!😁

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I know they have their detractors on here but their live stream show tonight at the Barrowlands was so well staged out and planned out, definitely worth checking out if you’re remotely interested in the band or new album.

Was the live show recorded anywhere wudnt mind a look on a Sunday afternoon!!! Bubbles is still one of my favouriite tracks they have quite a range of songs!!! I first came across them wen they played at The Park!! 

22 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Was the live show recorded anywhere wudnt mind a look on a Sunday afternoon!!! Bubbles is still one of my favouriite tracks they have quite a range of songs!!! I first came across them wen they played at The Park!! 

Was that the "secret" set in 2010?  I'd gone up onto the hill to chill out and ending up having a doze, woke up to to find the Park absolutely rammed and had no idea what was going on! :lol:

13 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Yes!!! Never heard of them until then!! I stumbled across them completely by accident! My friend was meeting a chap she met on plenty of fish so I was her get me out of here call!! Let’s say I enjoyed myself a lot more than she did for the first half hr!!! 🤣

Couldn’t she just wander off ? I mean glastonbury would have been perfect for an escape ... although I guess she would keep bumping into the date throughout the weekend ... pretty good place for a date though :) 

2 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

ha ha!! He was actually alright!!! But a bit full on wasn’t quite getting she didn’t want to spend the whole weekend with him!!! 
On another note my other friend met her now husband at Glastonbury tht year!!! 😀👍🏻 

I’m sure I’ve had a POF date there before ... although I’m racking my brains to remember it ... either had no impact or I was stupidly drunk .... I think it was the first one :) 

3 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

You weren’t wearing a American head piece by any chance!!! 😱
just found out the Biffy Live  Stream was only available yesterday!!! Gutted i missed it!! 
Although they are playing in Bristol next year in April!!! Fingers crossed!!! 

No it wasn’t me :) enjoy Biffy in Bristol ... I’m seeing showhawk duo there in May and it’s going to happen 

13 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

You weren’t wearing a American head piece by any chance!!! 😱
just found out the Biffy Live  Stream was only available yesterday!!! Gutted i missed it!! 
Although they are playing in Bristol next year in April!!! Fingers crossed!!! 

No Scottish gigs yet mentioned but I understand an announcement is imminent! 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

No Scottish gigs yet mentioned but I understand an announcement is imminent! 

Am guessing it will probably be announced before the other shows go on sale. Hoping for an actual show at Barrowlands! Saw Primal Scream there last year so would be awesome to return there to see Biffy 🤞